Pages:
Author

Topic: Macbook stolen in 2010! 1200 BTC on it! HELP! - page 5. (Read 6590 times)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500
February 22, 2014, 06:15:27 PM
... I also think i have the information to a cloud storage that I stored that file in as well!

Don't say the name of the cloud storage here, but you don't need the laptop if the wallet.dat file is stored in the cloud.

All you need is access to the wallet.dat file, and the passphrase to unencrypt it if it's encrypted. There are Bitcoin recovery services that may be able to help you unencrypt a file where you're unsure of the passphrase but have an idea what it is. Again, you don't need the laptop. You only need the wallet.dat file.

What type of services??

How much and where do i start??

(TIPPING BTC FOR GOOD ADVICE-- Post address below!)
February 22, 2014, 06:14:44 PM
wow

It would be difficult to get back.

Do you know the public key?

Maybe the money has been spent.

this person doesnt even know wtf the macbook has on it! besides my school work and garbage photos!

hes a black dude that sells drugs!.. the people that stole it from me told me hes black and in the Southside of St.pete and that hes known for taking stolen electronics as collateral for drugs and even as payment!

Im going to hang myself if I cant figure this out!

I've read stories about hackers finding their mac's before hacking into their computers and keylogging them and finding the person via usernames and passwords to gmail accounts and so forth (IP addresses etc)

I actually have a listing on Craigslist with my Macs information with a $500 reward for anyone who claims it (before I found out a year later who actually stole it, i thought I just left it and had it randomly stolen, now that I know who actually stole it, makes things a bit easier, narrows down the location to St.Petersburg Florida, where I live, will the FBI help me at all? since it's such a large sum of money, should I not mention the money aspect of it all???)

FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Activity: 222
Merit: 101
February 22, 2014, 06:14:35 PM
... I also think i have the information to a cloud storage that I stored that file in as well!

Don't say the name of the cloud storage here, but you don't need the laptop if the wallet.dat file is stored in the cloud.

All you need is access to the wallet.dat file, and the passphrase to unencrypt it if it's encrypted. There are Bitcoin recovery services that may be able to help you unencrypt a file where you're unsure of the passphrase but have an idea what it is. Again, you don't need the laptop. You only need the wallet.dat file.

Activity: 356
Merit: 250
February 22, 2014, 06:11:35 PM
Sorry buddy but your coins are gone Sad
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
February 22, 2014, 06:08:28 PM
two things are possible.

1.  You have a backup of your wallet.dat

2.  You have lost your bitcoins.

There is no third thing that is possible.

Activity: 51
Merit: 502
February 22, 2014, 06:08:05 PM
wow

It would be difficult to get back.

Do you know the public key?

Maybe the money has been spent.
February 22, 2014, 06:05:42 PM
I got my Macbook stolen by two acquaintances in late 2010 in Tampa Florida, I was living in Gainesville at the time for my first year of school.

I know who stole it and he told me they traded the macbook for drugs to some african American in the Southside of St.Petersburg, Florida (where i currently reside)

I have 1200 BTC stored on the computer, I have the purchase receipt, police report, ALL serial numbers and even the box that the Macbook came in!

SOMEONE PLEASE tell me what steps I should take in regards to recovering my Macbook, this is now worth $894,000 ***

I'm willing to split this with anyone who is willing to work with me!

I do not want to give out ALL the computers information incase someone finds the computer before me and pays the person $$$ to get it back

ALSO if he wiped the drive, are ALL the BTCitcoins GONE?Huh

I have no other information besides its stored on paper file on the computer! I also think i have the information to a cloud storage that I stored that file in as well!

I'm going nuts....someone help!

PST for my phone number or email if you are serious about helping me recover, I'm going to the Police again Monday, but should i use a cover up story instead of saying its for Bitcoins???

Sad

God help me!

**IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM AM I ASKING FOR MONEY IN ORDER TO RETRIEVE MY DATA~ for all those attempting to hurt my rep to scare people away from thinking the computer is not mine, which i have receipt purchase proof and box etc, I'm simply trying to get in touch wit the proper resources to RECOVER MY Macbook or just the data (most significant)
Pages:
Jump to: