Pages:
Author

Topic: Making crypto succeed in the real world? - page 11. (Read 1179 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Hi, I would love to hear your input on this.

As I see it, we need crypto wallets installed on every phone possible to ensure the readiness of everyday payment with crypto assets. Once customers are ready to pay, the stores will follow.

At least three things needs to happen:

1) Adoption of crypto wallets needs to increase (preferable with pre-funded assets)
2) Each wallet provider needs to agree on a standard protocol for payment (Maybe Payment Request API (W3))?
3) Store owners need a merchant app to receive payment with further integration into multiple accounting systems.

Have you seen anyone doing this?
Do we need a wallet alliance that can stipulate a standard?
What else needs to happen besides regulation?

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
https://validators.com
Collection of crypto make you rich someday. That os whats on my mind now. I want a more tokens so i can hold them. We will succeed we should wait for the right time to sell all of it. Someday all those early mornings and late nights will payoffs. We will be glad cause that day we will be successful
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
There are other ways to work and that makes the lighting transactions easy.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
At this stage, there is a misconception among the general people regarding cryptocurrency and it is very unfortunate to see that 6 out of 10 people hear about Bitcoin through any kind of scam and it creates misconception in their mind about the whole crypto industry and that is acting as the obstacle to mass adoption of cryptocurrencies as a whole. We need to work on building awareness about cryptocurrencies and explain the basics of cryptocurrencies to promote the understanding it. It's not forcing someone to use it but to explain to them what cryptocurrencies are all about and how it works and then letting them decide whether to get involved or not.
Activity: 76
Making it available on the merchant is completely possible and you can do it to.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Some countries are already using bitcoin as payments in their transactions and maybe this is the first step or the beginning of having cryptocurrency in the real world.
the initial step of support from people grappling with support for cryptocurrency including legalizing is the evidence the country supports
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Some countries are already using bitcoin as payments in their transactions and maybe this is the first step or the beginning of having cryptocurrency in the real world.
Activity: 74
Storing the bitcoins on this app has made some things weird and not wanted.
Activity: 168

In my opinion,
To make Crypto succeed in the real world. We should first have stability of the price action more or less. Would you love to pay in BTC if it's price is at least 5-10 % Volatile a week ? My answer is no i would rather hold and  call this as store of value. And yes, We have other Cryptocurrency that can be used as  such. As we see, Block chain tech is already been started to be accept in the real world, i bet crypto currencies that solve real issue  will be in mass adoption in probably 10-15 years time frame.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

As I see it, we need crypto wallets installed on every phone possible to ensure the readiness of everyday payment with crypto assets. Once customers are ready to pay, the stores will follow.

1) Adoption of crypto wallets needs to increase (preferable with pre-funded assets)
2) Each wallet provider needs to agree on a standard protocol for payment (Maybe Payment Request API (W3))?
3) Store owners need a merchant app to receive payment with further integration into multiple accounting systems.

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
We should focus more on Bitcoin acceptance on merchants instead of focusing on the wallet that already good on each platform and have its own community. While waiting for the Lightning Network is being developed we should try to submit it to several merchants and start with online merchants first, because it seems online merchants are easier to accept the submission.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
The demand isn’t as big as the risk that they will face, it’s possible but we still have to be patient waiting for Lightning Network to be able to transact fast so the transaction in the store will not hung up just by 1 Bitcoin transaction only. But there is nothing wrong to invite or advise merchants to accept Bitcoin as a medium of exchange.

What are the risks that merchants face when implementing Bitcoin payments? I think it hold very little risk for merchants actually, since you don't have to deal with fraudulent chargebacks.
The thing that's stopping mass acceptance is that there are no clear regulations in many countries.

When Japan imposed clear rules around crypto and exchanges, adoption also increased. 
Activity: 884
Merit: 500

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
The demand isn’t as big as the risk that they will face, it’s possible but we still have to be patient waiting for Lightning Network to be able to transact fast so the transaction in the store will not hung up just by 1 Bitcoin transaction only. But there is nothing wrong to invite or advise merchants to accept Bitcoin as a medium of exchange.
Activity: 140

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg

It is a good quote, I think it is still very rusty and needs many improvements to the system to be properly functional. But there are already numerous services providing payments with bitcoin and etherium, so we have some first steps in the right direction. we will see in the future, it will happen.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
For now we haven’t arrived at that phase yet, maybe we should be patient waiting fork Bitcoin for Lightning Network so that at least transaction can be done as soon as possible. then the next problem is its volatility is very frightening to the merchant, whether we talk about fee or worrying the merchant is afraid if forgot to exchange his Bitcoin. But if we become sellers then we should use Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, as a support for wider application of Bitcoin with real action.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
The solution is simple. The OP already laid it out. But then again it is not that easy. For example, adoption alone is hard to do. The volatility of crypto currency itself will deter owners to get them. A volatile currency means your services and good's price will also be volatile.
The adoption of cryptocurrencies seems hard right now because most people are very comfortable with the current fiat economy but as soon as the system begins to fall, and unfortunately we do not know when that is going to happen, we're going to see fast adoption, at that point people will finally realize that they have been lied by their governments all their lives.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
crypto currency will necessarily become popular, because these are new technologies that are safe and honest
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
The solution is simple. The OP already laid it out. But then again it is not that easy. For example, adoption alone is hard to do. The volatility of crypto currency itself will deter owners to get them. A volatile currency means your services and good's price will also be volatile.
Activity: 154
it is not simple as that.. as many regulations will follow after that, and not every country will approve it. To make it succeed in the real world, we going to need every country to accept that, and how could it happen when there is some countries has banned any transactions using cryptocurrencies ??
Activity: 168
If that would have been easy then it could have been already being followed everywhere. But its not! Merchants fear because they have to track the sales, earnings, pay taxes and much more. There is no provision for this purpose yet and thats why they might not just accept it so easily. For customers it gets difficult to wait in the coffee shop until they get sufficient confirmation of the bitcoin process. So there are not single but many problems in using this currency. Until the time we dont see huge set up for this then we cant see any progress as whole really.

I looks like the lightning network could make the transaction fast as any VISA payment and function offline with later synchronization. Its true that merchants lack integration with the old systems - Not seeing anyone doing this besides maybe https://utrust.com/.

V.
Want to make successful companies in this world is also a lot of problems in which to say is the first to build the legal framework on taxes, build more ctypto transaction machine ...
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
I think it's pretty hard to make a successful crypto in the real world, although it looks easy to apply in a payment method on the smartphone, but at least crypto must be supported first by the developers and also the government, because there are many who against the crypto in the real world, that's what kept him stuck so far.
Activity: 80
Ease of use is an important key point for ensuring that cryptos succedd in real world... Do check out TIP Blockchain which is working on the same
Pages:
Jump to: