Pages:
Author

Topic: Market can be manipulated? - page 34. (Read 5435 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
July 20, 2018, 04:13:23 AM
I think only big investors can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency. There are many powerful individuals selling COINS on the market with the intention of lowering the price so that they can buy them cheaply and make a profit when the COINS are more valuable.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 20, 2018, 04:08:31 AM
Everything has a "true" value in this space and the market price keeps rubberbanding around that value. Manipulation works short term but if you hold long enough you probably won't be affected. Like if you held bitcoin in fall last year you are probably even right now.
Activity: 98
July 19, 2018, 05:54:18 PM
if I think pribagi it seems impossible bitcoin prices in the manipulation by some people only. because the price of bitcoin in the market is mostly influenced by the demand not by some people.
Activity: 37
July 19, 2018, 05:38:52 PM
Of course the market can be manipulated! The amount of money in crypto may seem little for retail investors but for institutions and other big investors and early adopters of crypto, it is still very small. They can manipulate the market however they want. You know the bogdanoff brothers? That meme is actually how whales manipulate the market but obviously, with less exaggeration in killing the investor etc.  Grin
Activity: 27
July 19, 2018, 05:00:20 PM
The amusement with costs exists in all business sectors. Money markets is no exemption, where strict control and direction. The crypto advertise is the best place for control, where there is no control. So for what reason not?
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
July 19, 2018, 05:36:06 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Yeah sure market can be manipulated just like the way coin pump and dump works, if you have actually join any pump and dump group before, then you will agree with me that market can be manipulated
Activity: 470
Merit: 12
July 19, 2018, 05:33:37 PM
Tether has been accused of being the factor that moves the market up and down. I would give them credit for doing so, but this is nothing in comparison with BTC futures and the media that are imo manipulating the market in a significantly greater scale. I am confident that there is a great manipulation of ICOs as well. Losing 90% of an ICO price in a day? Come on, this can not be real  Wink. It seems like investors will have to HODL enough to let the weak hands sell their tokens and the rest of investors will be rewarded with their required ROI  Smiley.
Activity: 434
July 19, 2018, 05:12:47 PM
It is pretty scary how easy it is to manipulate a price if you have the resources. I have been doing some research on “pump and dump” schemes for the past few months. I checked a lot of discord channels, telegram groups and more just to see how things work there. Everything is simple and a lot of people, from those same groups end up loosing money.

i think that there are some influentional cryptocurrencie snad manybe even people behind them, but i doubt it is manipilated
Activity: 434
July 19, 2018, 05:12:03 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
i really doubt it is true, but still it is so good to try ad understand how everything works, so who knows what will we know
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
July 19, 2018, 05:11:16 PM
It is pretty scary how easy it is to manipulate a price if you have the resources. I have been doing some research on “pump and dump” schemes for the past few months. I checked a lot of discord channels, telegram groups and more just to see how things work there. Everything is simple and a lot of people, from those same groups end up loosing money.

Activity: 52
July 19, 2018, 05:06:36 PM
Especially when the volume is low then the cryptomarket is a whale playground. They are making a lot in this current market making more Bitcoin every week.
Activity: 157
Merit: 2
July 19, 2018, 05:04:43 PM
I am sure that the prices may be manipulated and some exchanges do just that. Price manipulation is not rarely noticed by experts and users.
Activity: 378
July 18, 2018, 09:24:11 AM
And there is. Someone makes false deals and manipulates the exchange rate. It's difficult, but possible. Because with the fall of Bitcoin, the effect of the crowd will work.
Activity: 123
July 17, 2018, 06:23:29 PM
I'm sure that the prices on crypto tokens are constantly manipulated, from news manipulation to manipulation of the purchase and sale of tokens.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
July 18, 2018, 09:22:23 AM
Manipulation of the market has long been visible to ordinary people, I'm not talking about professional traders who understand and know these market laws, I'm talking about us with you - ordinary people who begin to understand how much they manipulate other people.
Activity: 196
July 18, 2018, 09:19:47 AM
Well, of course, everyone knows that the crypto market is very easy to manipulate.... Buying or selling huge volumes can greatly affect the behavior of the market
Activity: 294
July 18, 2018, 08:39:38 AM
Yes,it's quite possible. I think that this is the only reason why the price of the cryptocurrency is so much falling and growing, there can be no other reason
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
July 18, 2018, 08:27:44 AM
It is possible but I believe that it is just within a short matter of time and if you are holding a huge amount of token then suddenly decided to sell all of it at a low price. Such act will make the crypto market fall but I do doubt that the dump will last for a week and more likely within just a single day especially if the token has a large market capital and token circulation.
Activity: 524
July 18, 2018, 08:24:18 AM

I'm not sure for me 50% Possible 50% Not. I think it is possible because as you said it may have artifically inflated the price of important coin like bitcoin and ether and 50% not because i based in buying system like if you buy a lot then the market go up.

You may as well just stay on one side as you cannot be on the two sides at the same time. Take it or leave it, this has become a highly manipulated market and it shows how the whales, institutions or whatever has taken it on themselves to just pump the market whenever they like, and dump it whenever they like.
The fact that this is an unregulated market; it is something we have to deal with until when it starts getting regulated in a way to curb some of the manipulated activities.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
July 17, 2018, 06:40:28 PM
I think that the market is manipulated by most people at short distances because for a long time people play a key role  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: