Pages:
Author

Topic: Market can be manipulated? - page 44. (Read 5435 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 21, 2018, 02:14:50 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
If you don't think there was at least a LITTLE market manipulation then you haven't been in the crypto community for very long. I remember even back when I was just getting started in 2013 how there were incessant claims about the market being manipulated, along with all kinds of other arguments about who was doing it, if it was the whales, the exchanges, if the normal users could do anything to fight against it, all kinds of fun things. I could probably go back into my post history and find out just how often there were threads like that since I typically ended up involving myself in them.

The chances that the market was manipulated and that there were some things that happened because of that - which wouldn't have happened otherwise - is incredibly significant and honestly, in my opinion, nearly guaranteed. It's like with Mt.Gox in 2013; the market was manipulated, inflating the price, bringing Bitcoin into the forefront of the news cycle for a while. I personally got involved due to that manipulation, so it's not always bad.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
June 21, 2018, 01:57:45 PM
I think manipulation is possible. Previously, there had been news manipulation. Maybe it's one of them. In any case, I think that if now manipulations to reduce the price, then in the future there will be manipulations to increase. I don't care, I just hold.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
June 21, 2018, 01:40:12 PM
Market can be manipulated, there are bots set to certain exchanges that does that, and there is need to be careful when you are on exchanges.
Thus be careful.

effects of market manipulation can be
1. to spread false information on media,
2. to spread fud and force hodlers to dump
3. to make newbies make errors while trading and make losses

and many more
be careful always.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
June 21, 2018, 01:32:58 PM
Market manipulation of course exists.This is done in order to affect the price level. One way is to spread false information in the media. This can change supply and demand .Another way is to make large transactions by prior collusion. Which leads to the same result. Manipulation of the market, it is an artificial control over the securities.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 01:32:30 PM
They can and obviously they are. That's how it lives - dumping/pumping cycles, speculation et al. For me it was really hard to sort everything out, but now I seem like to be able to find patterns, analyze the market and make my judgement on that. I've got, btw, a very helpful tool alongside me - Cryptics AI forecasting, I'll check up with them every now and then. Guess, it's a valuable tool, check it out if interested
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
June 21, 2018, 01:30:58 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
It is not just can, but it is manipulated. Because of that we can see sometimes ETH dump,when EOS team tried to  dump then and pump their coins, now they sold out their eth and we will see in some months what eos is worth fo real
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
Look ARROUND!
June 21, 2018, 01:25:56 PM
Yes market can be manipulated, and tether has a role in it as well but largely manipulation is in the hands of big whales, if we see the current amount of most popular cryptocurrencies like EOS we'll know that about 5% people has more than 50% of total coins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
June 21, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
If I think this market can not be manipulated because the market price is determined by the traders themselves and also the price can be determined by the supply of bitcoin and altcoin itself if altcoin and bitcoin have stayed a little could be the market price will rise, so will many are selling it.
Activity: 235
June 21, 2018, 01:22:01 PM
Of course, the price of bitcoin is influenced by the owners of exchanges. They correlate prices depending on their goals and for their own benefit.
Activity: 32
June 21, 2018, 01:16:36 PM
yes, market can be manipulated...
tether is a great example of manipulation!
it has never been clear how tether works... another price market manipulation risk comes from whales...
they always dump everything and when the market start panicking they buy cheap...
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
June 21, 2018, 01:14:14 PM
I also think like that because I think if we have a large enough capital, then we have the potential to monopolize the market exchange
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
June 21, 2018, 01:07:23 PM

Of course it can be manipulated no matter how big it is but the issue here is the difficulty in achieving that is where the real issues lies. All of the pump and dump groups, trading signals and telegram and other social media sites are all forms of market manipulations. But for BTC its going to some high level power play to have been invoked to achieve such high price that is being discussed in that research which could either be true or just conjectures.
Activity: 406
June 21, 2018, 01:06:39 PM

Yeah, somehow possible but not all the time because cryptocurrencies were build to be among the decentralize digital currency up to this now. Manipulating was just a small move of those people who were pumping or dumping the coins that they want to manipulate for a short period of time
Activity: 196
June 21, 2018, 12:59:49 PM
Manipulation of prices done by group of big time investors called whales are a thing. Also their are pump and dump groups that are very unhealthy to the market as they either spread negative or possitive news to tokens that they want to affect the price or they just invest into a coin or token then if it peaks they quickly sell out.
Activity: 68
June 21, 2018, 12:56:49 PM
If a large group of big investors decide to do something sell or buy, it can put effect on the price. And I think they consult with each other before taking any step. So yes I think it has been manipulating all this time.
Activity: 308
June 21, 2018, 12:53:24 PM
Every game has one or more taking advantage as they were in the perfect position in which they have a massive capital to invest. It seems like they were baiting they're money for the particular coin so the crowd attracted to the development of the coin which totally rising then it will immediately pulled out if they had already met their expected profit. Knowledge and money are the perfect combination for today's game.
Activity: 238
June 21, 2018, 12:52:15 PM
Yes. If you have a large investment even you can manipulate the price. In generally investors with large investments sometimes manipulate the price of the market not matter what the market is, whether it is crypto or forex.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
June 21, 2018, 12:43:19 PM
To be honest yes market can be manipulated and it is manipulated by the guys who entered first in cryptocurrencies world and still kept their funds here . I recommend you to hold your funds as more you can ; sometime you will be on profit
Activity: 327
Merit: 124
June 21, 2018, 12:42:14 PM
of course it can be.
no rules,no law.
its free for all
in this cases.
if u have a lot of money,
u can manipulated some coins.
exchange sites is one of them
I think same. Always big money have possibilities and make manipulations. Why? Because it's a big money. And they have the one goal - to become bigger. And it's not important crypto or stock exchanges. Manipulations were and will always
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
June 21, 2018, 12:39:32 PM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
yes. it was done 1 week before this. you can check (https://t.me/cryptomonitors/640). crypto market some times manipulate but there is no worry for people that aim for long term. if you be patient you can sell at good points.
Pages:
Jump to: