Pages:
Author

Topic: Market can be manipulated? - page 45. (Read 5435 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 257
June 21, 2018, 12:39:14 PM
Great. First we were afraid about the whales making bad moves and now we have to be afraid about the crypto exchanges themselves. That feels literally bad and I think we can not do anything about it because well, we live in decentralized sphere where anyone basically can do anything. That's really not worth it and if we are putting our money over these exchanges then they are already making loads of money. What I don't understand is why they even need to manipulate the prices. Cheesy stuff.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
June 21, 2018, 12:35:21 PM
Where did all these asian exchanges come from with millions in trading volume, of course they manipulate things.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
June 21, 2018, 12:33:42 PM
of course it can be.
no rules,no law.
its free for all
in this cases.
if u have a lot of money,
u can manipulated some coins.
exchange sites is one of them
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
I think many, many people are completely ignorant about how money moves, and just how much money exists out in the wild. You'd be surprised at how most peoples attitude towards money hasnt developed past grade school level. People think the world is fair, everyone plays by the same rules, and good god i once saw a couple refuse to declare bankruptcy and live broke with a half a million dollars in debt because thats the right thing to do.

Anyway what im trying to say is we dont teach how money works in schools for a sinister reason. Your history books barely gloss over how the federal reserve works. People dont understand the relation banks have between credit and cash. Youd be fucking surprised at the kind of games people are capable of playing with money. Lots of money.

Price maniuplation is real, and its probably driven by a machine learning algorithm, and most people live inside a comfort zone that makes all this look silly.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
June 21, 2018, 11:11:32 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
Not only bitfinex is doing this. All exchanges has the ability to do this. I won't name one but I can see on all of my exchanges used that this things happen. One instance, the fake buy and sell recorded in the trade history.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
June 21, 2018, 11:02:03 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
Not only on Bitfinex but i believe on some exchangers too since we do emphasize Tether on here then its always been possible. The thing here is that we dont know on whats happening behind that curtain but rest assured things about manipulation is indeed real and theres nothing to be shocked of. Manipulation do always exist as long there are people who are capable on doing such thing specially whales or any people who do have capacity.It does even exist on forex and stocks so crypto wont really be an exception.
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
June 21, 2018, 10:55:23 AM
The cryptocurrency market, like any other liquid market, is subject to manipulation. Another thing is that you do not need to delve into it, you just need to constantly invest. And only in this case you can count on a great income.
Activity: 91
June 21, 2018, 10:53:51 AM
I think the cryptocurrency market is very manipulated. This is primarily due to the fact. that having a relatively small amount can significantly affect the price of the coin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
June 21, 2018, 10:48:58 AM
I think it's not impossible, manipulating the price of coins for personal or group gain, that's normal in a business, sometimes this is no secret anymore, some people are beginning to understand this pattern of manipulation game, I think the best way to overcome this is to hold back self and do not participate in their game plot.

I disagree. Manipulators or the so-called whales have steering wheels. They have the money to manipulate the market. These whales are not just composed of few individuals, they may be an organization composed of powerful and rich crypto enthusiasts and investors. They can divert the market by using their funds and their strategies.
Activity: 79
June 21, 2018, 10:15:44 AM
The game with prices exists in all markets. The stock market is no exception, where strict control and regulation. The crypto market is the best place for manipulation, where there is no control. So why not?
In the stock market, you would have been imprisoned for 10 years for such manipulations. I'm not a fan of them, but they are very strict about such manipulations. And on the crypto market, we can expect anything
I absolutely agree with you, I just don't get it why they have to manipulate the market.
Activity: 140
June 14, 2018, 10:44:20 AM
The game with prices exists in all markets. The stock market is no exception, where strict control and regulation. The crypto market is the best place for manipulation, where there is no control. So why not?
In the stock market, you would have been imprisoned for 10 years for such manipulations. I'm not a fan of them, but they are very strict about such manipulations. And on the crypto market, we can expect anything
Activity: 140
June 14, 2018, 10:39:27 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
As if no one knew Grin All this was said about in the fall, when the price grew right after the release of a new tether. They did not say anything new
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
June 14, 2018, 10:34:07 AM
In fact, I think that all the currency prices can be manipulated, as long as you can hold 30% of this token! Then you can do this! Including Bitcoin, I think there are dealers behind these currencies!
Activity: 172
Merit: 34
June 14, 2018, 10:29:53 AM
manipulation is possible if you are a trader that holds enormous amount of token supply you are able to move the market whales can easily control the market because they have large amount of coins.
If the market was being manipulated in some ways, there there is a chance that the cause of the red tide are being controlled by the whales and the other big investors. If is true then, if they attract more traders them will decide again for another sell off.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
June 14, 2018, 10:29:43 AM
I doubt that the manipulation of the price of cryptocurrencies can arrange for only one team. I'm sure it's a whale conspiracy, and a lot of people are involved. They simultaneously started their actions on all exchanges. This requires a lot of resources. I will not take any action now and will wait for the bulls.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...
June 14, 2018, 10:28:59 AM
Unfortunately all markets, even regulated financial ones, are subject to market manipulation. In regulated, this is legally forbidden and if the authority finds out, investigations are open and law is enforced, so it is difficult. Yet, you sometimes find news about that, such as the big manipulation in LIBOR that happened some years ago.

Crypto markets are mostly unregulated, in many countries. This makes much easier for the big capital to manipulate, unfortunately.

This is why you need to be smart.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
June 14, 2018, 10:24:27 AM
Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
manipulation is possible if you are a trader that holds enormous amount of token supply you are able to move the market whales can easily control the market because they have large amount of coins.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
June 14, 2018, 10:22:30 AM
I think that only large investors can manipulate the price of cryptocurrency.
I disagree with you... I think the Tether team can do the manipulation because they have a certain amount of USDT that can be controlled and they can use it to pump crypto, I don't doubt it because Tether has power in this market, the public believes that USDT will always be worth $ 1. It can be misused by them
Activity: 537
Merit: 12
June 14, 2018, 10:13:08 AM
Activity: 196
June 14, 2018, 10:05:09 AM
I think it's not impossible, manipulating the price of coins for personal or group gain, that's normal in a business, sometimes this is no secret anymore, some people are beginning to understand this pattern of manipulation game, I think the best way to overcome this is to hold back self and do not participate in their game plot.
Pages:
Jump to: