Author

Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion - page 206. (Read 647061 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265
April 02, 2017, 06:44:57 AM
Bitcoin is a currency not money.

Incorrect. You don't understand finance. The tail doesn't wag the dog. Read this.

Bitcoin is not a medium-of-exchange. It is a unit-of-account and a store-of-value. Litecoin will be the medium-of-exchange. Small blocks will make Bitcoin for settlement amongst power brokers of finance.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
April 02, 2017, 12:48:05 AM

I already bought some litecorn once I saw the bullflag.  Looking at charts for it isn't necessary.  I don't like Ton Vay's logic at all, though.  There is no guaranteed skyrocketing curve of BTC.  The thing could stall out at any second from lack of scalability.  Bitcoin is a currency not money.  It's value will be determined by raw transaction throughput keeping it afloat, not people hoarding it pretending it's gold or silver, because it's not.  The public hoarding bitcoin with no scalability attached to it is nothing more than a rat trap.  Eventually amounts like 0.01 would become uneconomical to even spend.

Also, did you read my FSK link?  Outside of DARPA/NSA or some esoteric cryptographer like Wei Dai, I've never seen anyone fit the profile for Satoshi as much as that guy:

http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/2007/09/agorist-philosophy-overview.html
Nah he doesnt type the same.. your off by a mile check the comments section. To me nash fits the bill perfectly.. been saying it for a few years seems people catching on

Seems a little too old.
Hes perfect for the role.. someone who did work for nsa.. hated them and also knows.game theory and studied it with crypto for his.whole life.

http://fuk.io/who-is-satoshi-nakamoto-the-truth/
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2017, 12:45:47 AM

I already bought some litecorn once I saw the bullflag.  Looking at charts for it isn't necessary.  I don't like Ton Vay's logic at all, though.  There is no guaranteed skyrocketing curve of BTC.  The thing could stall out at any second from lack of scalability.  Bitcoin is a currency not money.  It's value will be determined by raw transaction throughput keeping it afloat, not people hoarding it pretending it's gold or silver, because it's not.  The public hoarding bitcoin with no scalability attached to it is nothing more than a rat trap.  Eventually amounts like 0.01 would become uneconomical to even spend.

Also, did you read my FSK link?  Outside of DARPA/NSA or some esoteric cryptographer like Wei Dai, I've never seen anyone fit the profile for Satoshi as much as that guy:

Nah he doesnt type the same.. your off by a mile check the comments section. To me nash fits the bill perfectly.. been saying it for a few years seems people catching on

Seems a little too old.
legendary
April 01, 2017, 11:36:39 PM

legendary
April 01, 2017, 09:48:59 PM

April 01, 2017, 08:13:25 PM

I also would like to understand your currency plan better. Could you provide again a link to your whitepaper or equivalent document?

Note if I am unable to come to agreement with your plans, I would agree to forfeit my CK. It wouldn't be fair for me to leech on the community.

I posting here and not there, specifically to not have many speculators see this message.
April 01, 2017, 08:10:57 PM
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
April 01, 2017, 12:02:07 PM

Good catch there, r0ach.  I use Chrome and saw the COEXIST BS, but missed the horns.  They are becoming more obvious each week, now just hiding in plain sight.

Re Steve at SRSrocco, well, I would not expect a gold guy to be very pro-Bitcoin.  Nonetheless, he is right about gold being the Store of Value.  Bitcoin is much more speculative.  And BTC has its own problems with the BU vs. SW Civil War.  I read elsewhere that even MONERO is going to have its own hard fork.  Hard forks (and the adjustments that users then have to make) make it less attractive for Average Joes to want to use cryptocurrency.

Your FSK link is interesting, I will have to read it later.
legendary
April 01, 2017, 03:25:14 AM
I talked to Steve of SRSRocco:

Also, anyone heard of "FSK" before?  What this guy wrote in 2007 sounds almost like the pre-white paper for bitcoin heh, and he develops financial software

legendary
March 31, 2017, 11:52:24 PM
legendary
March 31, 2017, 09:46:22 PM

Armstrong has a nice article up on how the sleazy banks are now being required to report ever more cash transactions to the sleazy governments:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/taxes/banks-secretly-report-all-cash-transactions-to-the-police/

Turns out that not only is "structuring" a crime (to evade the $10,000 reporting requirement by doing, say, 3 cash transactions of $5000 each), there is a $100,000 / year structuring which gets punished even more severely.

Highly recommended article for the privacy minded.
legendary
March 31, 2017, 12:21:04 PM

iamnotback (SSEoC) &  HRH rpietila

Even if some of the ALTS have properties of great interest, the complexity of those products is daunting for Average Joes like me. 

Risto, your Realm looks very interesting, but way too complex for a busy guy like me.  I'll see if I can take another look around there this weekend.

SSEoC has a message!
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
March 30, 2017, 01:09:17 PM
@r0ach you are leaving money on the table when you stopped investing in altcoins. Cripes ETH just did a 4 bagger in a month.

Silver is no panacea as @OROBTC says.

While the antediluvian relic Anonymint was getting a boner thinking about running coolpages in Ethereum VM, Putin has spotted silver breaking above the 200 day MA.

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong), Putin is a gold guy.  Russia has bought up a lot of gold over the past few years, and their central banker (Elvira Nabiullina) has apparently done a great job.

Russia is now No. 7 in the world re Official Gold Reserves (1615 tonnes):

Tinfoil hats don't understand why gold has been a reserve currency of good money and therefor they do not understand why gold is not optimal:

And thus you don't understand why my blockchain design is the only one which will win as the ideal good money.

@r0ach has been clueless. If he is wise, he will read the linked thread and learn what is really going on.
legendary
March 29, 2017, 11:04:26 PM
@r0ach you are leaving money on the table when you stopped investing in altcoins. Cripes ETH just did a 4 bagger in a month.

While the antediluvian relic Anonymint was getting a boner thinking about running coolpages in Ethereum VM, Putin has spotted silver breaking above the 200 day MA.

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong), Putin is a gold guy.  Russia has bought up a lot of gold over the past few years, and their central banker (Elvira Nabiullina) has apparently done a great job.

Russia is now No. 7 in the world re Official Gold Reserves (1615 tonnes):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve

They apparently are stacking it up...

Note that NO COUNTRY has Official Silver Reserves.  Still, whither silver goes, so will gold.
legendary
March 29, 2017, 10:31:18 PM

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
March 29, 2017, 04:31:41 PM
How will all your investing decisions change (Before and After)
if I were to tell you that within 3 years....

An impact event as in a collision between astronomical object causing measurable effect will occur...or Devastating (recall San Fran EQ) EQ reshapes North-American Markets.

GOLD/BITCOIN/ BONDS/ FOOD CAN/ WATER  -
Such statements come up with strange thoughts and can create panic among people. Only a stable and calm market satisfies both the common man, the buyer and the trader.
Activity: 158
Merit: 16
March 29, 2017, 03:57:41 PM
How will all your investing decisions change (Before and After)
if I were to tell you that within 3 years....

An impact event as in a collision between astronomical object causing measurable effect will occur...or Devastating (recall San Fran EQ) EQ reshapes North-American Markets.

GOLD/BITCOIN/ BONDS/ FOOD CAN/ WATER  -
legendary
March 29, 2017, 02:01:45 AM
@OROBTC, you wanted to understand money and the knowledge age.

Here is all the edification @r0ach will ever need. Make sure you click the link in the linked post, which will take you to my main elucidation.

The knowledge silver age
Hahaha let me know when you invent the time machine
Jump to: