Author

Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread - page 105. (Read 226671 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 250
November 14, 2013, 07:22:25 PM
If you are on linux/OS X you can already trade test Mastercoins. We just finalised the last discussion concerning this feature so I hope to start doing real trades at the end of next week. Windows client is being developed by Zathras so ask him if you are on Windows Smiley

That's my question answered. Awesome.
November 14, 2013, 07:20:13 PM
Soon it won't be needed anymore since you will be able to trade them using Mastercoin itself, this is the last stretch! Smiley

Very, very exciting mate! Maybe a question you can't answer but are we talking days or weeks?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 14, 2013, 06:48:08 PM
Hello everyone!  

I would like to assist my friend in purchasing 50 MSC from anyone who is willing to sell!  

I understand that the current going price is approx .2 btc per MSC; and as such, I'd like to offer just slightly above that.  Say, 50 MSC for 10.5 BTC?  

I have purchased MSC from user XueMike once before for myself, using MaxMint as an Escrow, if anyone requires a reference.  

We can use the kind services of either MaxMint or Pouncer (Hello Pouncer, I have not met you yet!) to make a secure transaction.  Just remember to tip whoever helps us out Smiley

Thank you in advance for adding my order to the list, whoever does it!  

Please email me at [email protected] to set up a sale.  
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
November 14, 2013, 06:43:48 PM
Just charge a fee guys. Hard work NEEDS to be rewarded, it will be better for everybody.
Activity: 252
November 14, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

We're doing this escrow service to help grow the user base of Mastercoins and help in price discovery before launch of DEx. It would be greatly appreciated if users do not use this manual trading system (which is very very tedious, time consuming & risky; on the part of the escrow agents) for trading and profit-taking.

Thank you

This is raging BS.  You've been an escrow agent for a couple of days and now you want to suppress free markets by dictating which traders should have access based upon their motivations?  Are you kidding?  I think you should withdraw this position right away.  

You and Max bring liquidity to the market and that is very valuable for all concerned no matter what their motives are.  It greatly helps the fair market pricing.

But you are nuts if you think trades should be restricted to those who can be considered newcomers.  What a crock.  

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. I mean short term trading/profit taking.

Do you think it is reasonable to use this service to buy using escrow and then sell using escrow within 40 minutes for a few percentage point profit?

Edit:
I will gladly "withdraw this position right away" if I get one, just one(1) other user who thinks that my request is not reasonable.

This is why a market of escrows that charge a fee is needed for the free market to function well, otherwise you might be overwhelmed by people "daytrading", if they want to do so its their perfect right but without charging a fee its simply not viable, you are just working for free and that creates many negative incentives.

I really hope the DEx arrives soon Wink

I just want people to realize that doing a manual trade with escrow can take several hours, sometimes up to a whole day to complete. That's is why "daytrading" will be best done on Dex. If users want to daytrade now, do so directly without escrow, it's perfectly fine. I'm not trying to "suppress free markets by dictating which traders should have access based upon their motivations"
Activity: 476
November 14, 2013, 05:47:54 PM
otherwise you might be overwhelmed by people "daytrading", if they want to do so its their perfect right but without charging a fee its simply not viable, you are just working for free and that creates many negative incentives.

THIS

Second or third trade should be with a little fee if they want escrow

@poucer & Max : exellent job so far, obviously, we can understand that you got something else to do than respond to MP all days long !!
@Tkeenan : you join my very short list of ignored, congrats
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
November 14, 2013, 05:46:33 PM
If you are on linux/OS X you can already trade test Mastercoins. We just finalised the last discussion concerning this feature so I hope to start doing real trades at the end of next week. Windows client is being developed by Zathras so ask him if you are on Windows Smiley
Activity: 448
black swan hunter
November 14, 2013, 05:36:36 PM
Soon it won't be needed anymore since you will be able to trade them using Mastercoin itself, this is the last stretch! Smiley

Great news! Can't wait for that to happen.

Is there a date yet when the trading client will be available?
legendary
November 14, 2013, 05:32:03 PM

We're doing this escrow service to help grow the user base of Mastercoins and help in price discovery before launch of DEx. It would be greatly appreciated if users do not use this manual trading system (which is very very tedious, time consuming & risky; on the part of the escrow agents) for trading and profit-taking.

Thank you

This is raging BS.  You've been an escrow agent for a couple of days and now you want to suppress free markets by dictating which traders should have access based upon their motivations?  Are you kidding?  I think you should withdraw this position right away.  

You and Max bring liquidity to the market and that is very valuable for all concerned no matter what their motives are.  It greatly helps the fair market pricing.

But you are nuts if you think trades should be restricted to those who can be considered newcomers.  What a crock.  

Do you think it is reasonable to use this service to buy using escrow and then sell using escrow within 40 minutes for a few percentage point profit?

Edit:
I will gladly "withdraw this position right away" if I get one, just one(1) other user who thinks that my request is not reasonable.

This is why a market of escrows that charge a fee is needed for the free market to function well, otherwise you might be overwhelmed by people "daytrading", if they want to do so its their perfect right but without charging a fee its simply not viable, you are just working for free and that creates many negative incentives.

I really hope the DEx arrives soon Wink
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
November 14, 2013, 04:46:59 PM
hope so Smiley
November 14, 2013, 04:40:42 PM

Thank you

Edit:
November 14, 2013, 04:33:02 PM
I'd like to sell 20 at 0.25
Thanks
Added to the order book.
November 14, 2013, 04:26:24 PM
Actually, that was me Smiley Just came around to quickly put in new orders.
Edit: I'll be unavailable for escrowing until Saturday, please contact Pouncer via the order book form should you need an escrow.
OK - goodnight Max.  See you Saturday. 

I sure hope Pouncer is up to the task.  Lots of trades to be done between now and Saturday.  Pouncer - do you have any help yet?

The escrow request form helps. I get all the requests automatically tabulated in a spreadsheet in the morning and process them systematically. Previously, lots of time was spent manually parsing through the PMs looking for all those address, prices, etc.

Note:

Thank you
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 14, 2013, 04:25:19 PM
I'd like to sell 20 at 0.25
Thanks
November 14, 2013, 04:19:30 PM

Great news! Can't wait for that to happen.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
November 14, 2013, 04:17:57 PM
legendary
November 14, 2013, 04:15:35 PM
I think that the people providing the escrow should start charging a fee, it's a huge work and a big responsibility.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 14, 2013, 03:53:13 PM
Good morning folks! I'm starting to process the requests that came in through the escrow request form.
One of the request came from a user with ID number "95039", and I cannot identify who it is.

If you are "95039", please PM me. This could be due to misunderstanding as I requested for "Forum ID" in the form and not the ID number.

Thanks

This is me. I thought you ment the forum user ID which is 95039 in my case.

Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=95039
Jump to: