Pages:
Author

Topic: Mathematical proof of god - page 2. (Read 4958 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 19, 2014, 04:12:31 PM
No math  Sad you fail as well.
Get on your feet; it's time to do some math!

Quotes from a brilliant mathematician, and related:

Quote from: Kurt Gödel
This blindness (or prejudice, or whatever you may call it) of logicians is indeed surprising. But I think the explanation is not hard to find. It lies in a widespread lack, at that time, of the required epistemological attitude toward metamathematics and toward non-finitary reasoning. …

[M]y objectivistic conception of mathematics and metamathematics in general, and of transfinite reasoning in particular, was fundamental also to my other work in logic.

How indeed could one think of expressing metamathematics in the mathematical systems themselves, if the latter are considered to consist of meaningless symbols which acquire some substitute of meaning only through metamathematics? [emphasis his] [8–9]

How can one expect to solve mathematical problems by mere analysis of the concepts occurring, if our analysis so far does not even suffice to set up the axioms? [110]

What I call the theological worldview is the idea that the world and everything in it has meaning and reason, and in particular a good and indubitable meaning. It follows immediately that our worldly existence, since it has in itself at most a very dubious meaning, can only be means to the end of another existence. The idea that everything in the world has a meaning [reason] is an exact analogue of the principle that everything has a cause, on which rests all of science. [217]
http://kevincarmody.com/math/goedel.html

I don't see a single equation, axiom, definition, or proof in this quote or the website linked.

Philosophy as an exact theory should do for metaphysics as much as Newton did for physics. I think it is perfectly possible that the development of such a philosophical theory will take place within the next hundred years or even sooner [7.3.6; portion misquoted, corrected p. 288, 332]

Newtonian physics is wrong, this quote has turned out to be wrong.

I don’t think the brain came in the Darwinian manner. In fact, it is disprovable. Simple mechanism can’t yield the brain. I think the basic elements of the universe are simple. Life force is a primitive element of the universe and it obeys certain laws of action. These laws are not simple, and they are not mechanical. [6.2.12]

Most of his musings have turned out to be false with the passage of time and advancement in the physical sciences.

Here is one the OP should take to heart.
Intuition is not proof; it is the opposite of proof. We do not analyze intuition to see a proof but by intuition we see something without a proof. [9.2.46]

And again, this page has no math whatsoever. Quotes from a mathematician, who was wrong about a great many predictions, are not math.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
October 19, 2014, 07:28:41 AM
If your looking for an interesting educational discussion, choosing a "dank thread" was a poor choice.
Was it?

It's a matter of your perspective and your participation.
Well generally what happens in a "dank thread" is he tells everyone his views, then if anyone disagrees with him, he replys with something completely unrelated or just simple dismisses and ignores it. That's why they always end up as "The Dank Show", purely for entertainment purposes.

Embrace love dank, let go of your hate. The universe is increasing it's vibration frequency, due to your inner unbalance. Love.

Suggest to educate self about forgiveness, and reach that high frequency yourself first.
I was actually just playing dank at his own silly games of just replying to a question with something completely unrelated. His favourite game. Smiley

Suggest to educate self about forgiveness, and reach that high frequency yourself first.
God requires repentance and so must we. Dank shows none.
Suggest you educate yourself about dank.

Edit: In my life experience, handing out any unearned forgiveness too easily and others will just walk all over you. Others (including myself) should correct their wrongdoing with high priority order of precedence, or they are not genuine.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
October 19, 2014, 07:23:37 AM
If your looking for an interesting educational discussion, choosing a "dank thread" was a poor choice.
Was it?

It's a matter of your perspective and your participation.

Embrace love dank, let go of your hate. The universe is increasing it's vibration frequency, due to your inner unbalance. Love.

legendary
October 19, 2014, 04:40:42 AM
Dank rebels against your greed.
Ever heard of the blind leading the blind?

HOW CAN BITCOIN HEAL A SICKENED WORLD IF BITCOINERS DO NOT DIAGNOSE THE ILLNESS?
I've never been under any illusions from day 1 that bitcoin will cure a sickened world. It's another tool that will be used for both good and bad.

The root of all evil is the love of money.
If someone was murdered from the motivation of jealousy, how was that evil event related to finance?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 19, 2014, 04:12:55 AM
I suck at Maths.

I think God is very anthropomorphic in the sense that he hates, gives, loves, destroys, creates and so on. I've heard countless arguments from solid believers that we cannot attribute his traits to the way in which we think because he survives on a higher plane. Yet, in the same breath he floods the world because he feels his creations have become bitter and twisted. K, seems very human-like to me.
October 19, 2014, 04:12:49 AM
HOW CAN BITCOIN HEAL A SICKENED WORLD IF BITCOINERS DO NOT DIAGNOSE THE ILLNESS?

Ponder it, if you dare.
October 19, 2014, 04:11:26 AM
No math  Sad you fail as well.
Get on your feet; it's time to do some math!

Quotes from a brilliant mathematician, and related:

Quote from: Kurt Gödel
This blindness (or prejudice, or whatever you may call it) of logicians is indeed surprising. But I think the explanation is not hard to find. It lies in a widespread lack, at that time, of the required epistemological attitude toward metamathematics and toward non-finitary reasoning. …

[M]y objectivistic conception of mathematics and metamathematics in general, and of transfinite reasoning in particular, was fundamental also to my other work in logic.

How indeed could one think of expressing metamathematics in the mathematical systems themselves, if the latter are considered to consist of meaningless symbols which acquire some substitute of meaning only through metamathematics? [emphasis his] [8–9]

How can one expect to solve mathematical problems by mere analysis of the concepts occurring, if our analysis so far does not even suffice to set up the axioms? [110]

What I call the theological worldview is the idea that the world and everything in it has meaning and reason, and in particular a good and indubitable meaning. It follows immediately that our worldly existence, since it has in itself at most a very dubious meaning, can only be means to the end of another existence. The idea that everything in the world has a meaning [reason] is an exact analogue of the principle that everything has a cause, on which rests all of science. [217]
http://kevincarmody.com/math/goedel.html
October 19, 2014, 04:05:19 AM
If you want to crucify dank, fine.

Let he who is without blame hammer the first nail.

Who is ready to equate themselves with the Lord that only sees perfection? How will you ever balance such an equation when you do not practice forgiveness?

No math  Sad you fail as well.
October 19, 2014, 04:01:51 AM
If you want to crucify dank, fine.

Let he who is without blame hammer the first nail.

Who is ready to equate themselves with the Lord that only sees perfection? How will you ever balance such an equation when you do not practice forgiveness?

October 18, 2014, 04:33:50 PM
Can we have some actual math discussion? I love how dank referred to some set builder notation as "jargon", and then spews nothing but.

HAHA
legendary
October 18, 2014, 04:32:38 PM
Can we have some actual math discussion? I love how dank referred to some set builder notation as "jargon", and then spews nothing but.
October 18, 2014, 04:29:22 PM
This thread is boring!

Proofs from Aquinas before algebra existed don't count.

More math!
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 18, 2014, 03:18:29 PM
so dank, would you say that you consider yourself enlightened?

Almost.  Am very close.

so dank, you don't need a soul to become enlightened?  Anyone can do as easily as they can experience egodeath?
legendary
October 18, 2014, 03:14:37 PM
Here i have the mathematical proof:

8 x 8 = 64
(6 / 3) + (4 / 3) = 3.333 rounded to 3
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Nonsense here is the proof:

d4nk = gr33dy sc4mm3r

Give this man a cookie!  Grin

Activity: 83
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
October 18, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

8 x 8 = 64
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

d4nk = gr33dy sc4mm3r

Give this man a cookie!  Grin
legendary
October 18, 2014, 02:36:57 PM

8 x 8 = 64
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

d4nk = gr33dy sc4mm3r
Activity: 83
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
October 18, 2014, 02:33:16 PM

8 x 8 = 64
HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 18, 2014, 01:56:49 PM
so dank, would you say that you consider yourself enlightened?

Almost.  Am very close.

Username, you're just saying a bunch of logically deprived statements in a complicated manner to act like the universe is complicated and that what you say makes sense.
legendary
October 17, 2014, 03:20:35 PM
Wow, the last three posts were shills.

Buffer, this is the part where you have to use both sides of your brain, not just your left ego mind.  Something has to click, as I have made the answer very obvious.

Vod, you're ridiculous.  You cannot stay in a state of egodeath for 7 hours, you would let go from the energy of the experience.  That's like taking.  Gram of acid, 10'000 hits.  It doesn't kill you, you just let go.

Egodeath normally lasts for a matter of seconds.  It is a rare experience in the world, yet everyone deserves to experience it.  It is the most beautiful state of existence in the entire universes.  It is the source.  Your soul, that's all you have when you lose ego.

You are confused between mathematical logic and mathematical proof. You have been asked to provide proof and failed. Your initial statement is false. Sometimes you have to use your brain dank.

Vod and I often have lengthy egodeath sessions. We sometimes float about and even meet up sometimes in the upper dimensions. Never seen you there.
Obviously your an amateur and never experienced real egodeath. I wish you could join us but first you must empty your soul of all that greed, negatively and hate bubbling away under the surface that you pretend isn't there. Judging others by calling them shills just fuels your hate of the truth.
Find the strength dank. Find the strength. Love. Truth. Strength.

So variables aren't allowed in math?  That's funny, I thought the point of math was to construe and convey logic, not just writing numerical equations they solely convey numbers for no meaning.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 17, 2014, 03:09:12 PM
Wow, the last three posts were shills.

Buffer, this is the part where you have to use both sides of your brain, not just your left ego mind.  Something has to click, as I have made the answer very obvious.

Vod, you're ridiculous.  You cannot stay in a state of egodeath for 7 hours, you would let go from the energy of the experience.  That's like taking.  Gram of acid, 10'000 hits.  It doesn't kill you, you just let go.

Egodeath normally lasts for a matter of seconds.  It is a rare experience in the world, yet everyone deserves to experience it.  It is the most beautiful state of existence in the entire universes.  It is the source.  Your soul, that's all you have when you lose ego.

You are confused between mathematical logic and mathematical proof. You have been asked to provide proof and failed. Your initial statement is false. Sometimes you have to use your brain dank.

Vod and I often have lengthy egodeath sessions. We sometimes float about and even meet up sometimes in the upper dimensions. Never seen you there.
Obviously your an amateur and never experienced real egodeath. I wish you could join us but first you must empty your soul of all that greed, negatively and hate bubbling away under the surface that you pretend isn't there. Judging others by calling them shills just fuels your hate of the truth.
Find the strength dank. Find the strength. Love. Truth. Strength.

So variables aren't allowed in math?  That's funny, I thought the point of math was to construe and convey logic, not just writing numerical equations they solely convey numbers for no meaning.
Pages:
Jump to: