Pages:
Author

Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all - page 27. (Read 11335 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 254
September 19, 2017, 12:02:51 PM
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
Governments can make Cryptocurrencies' prices drop.. They can discourage you to use them. Heck, they can even make Cryptocurrencies illegal!

But what they can't stop, is the power of our Cryptocurrency community. Ofcourse, the community that would still be using it, would be much smaller, but it would still be present.

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Blockchain with VTOS energy
September 19, 2017, 12:00:37 PM
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
Yes the government of a single country can really stop bitcoin because they have the power to control a country and to give orders. That's why we should not used bitcoin in such illegal activities because the government will make a moved to stop bitcoin and removed all it's sites in the internet.

Well in china it was reported that they use bitcoins to buy drugs online so it would not be caught easily, That is the reason why they banned ico's and it really affects the market badly today. But still it would not stop me from trading and i did not rush selling my etherium coins at the lowest price hoping that price will increase again eventually.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
September 19, 2017, 10:58:08 AM
Yes the government of a single country can really stop bitcoin because they have the power to control a country and to give orders. That's why we should not used bitcoin in such illegal activities because the government will make a moved to stop bitcoin and removed all it's sites in the internet.
Activity: 35
Merit: 10
TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr
September 19, 2017, 10:48:25 AM

BTC itself has technical problems besides adoption. But happily, LN, Segwit etc can solve some of this. Knowing it is not so anonymous though, u shd know another problem: governments can slowly co-opt it into the system. Will raise its price to the stratosphere when it becomes mainstream. However, it will just be another government currency. Imagine then you want to send BTC to an address, you'll be made to declare where you're sending it to etc.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
September 19, 2017, 10:45:56 AM
Sure crypto has been affected with China bans over ICO and rumours about forbide exchanges, due to the abusive using of those to make the ilegal money clean and without any issues, some people might had mooved fortunes over ICO and made their business ilegal to sounds like somethign legal, but bitcoin is bigger then any country and those has been proven since it had reached again the 4000 dollars recently.
Activity: 35
TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr
September 19, 2017, 10:40:53 AM

This is my insight, full of common sense and precious intelligence. BTC arose from nothing, maybe a lot of anger and angst, but nothing much. And it became this, this monstrosity eight years later. Bless SN. Think, if tomorrow it ALL died, then after a few stunned days, won't it come back again? The seeds in people's minds and hearts are still there, even more so now. The internet, cheap electricity, is still there. Come, don't you see that only by taking down the internet can BTC die? It may fade and transfer its life force to another, but the idea and the execution is out. Take my wisdom and internalize it. This, this thing can only grow and metamorphosize, thorium reactors/ big data/ cheap storage/ etc will feed it until Elon Musk is right, and we evolve out of our carbon-based forms into new silicon-based life, complaining and FUDing all the while, just as the apes did when sapiens arose.

To your query, yes, the exchanges are weak. But as long as some countries are welcoming of BTC: Japan, SKorea, Switzerland, UK, people can find a way there electronically to participate. Yes, the life force is pushed into the shadows again. But my idea is that now the genie is out. Imagine China does an about turn and allows some trading, maybe under very strict KYC/AML after their cleaning house. Maybe only exchanges run by "friends", properly taxed and loyal to the state. The rebound will be spectacular and astronomical. Why? Many people will already be familiar with the crypto-system, believe it and want it. So it may be pushed into the shadows but each release will bring it to its previous level and then some.
Activity: 612
Merit: 250
September 19, 2017, 10:18:46 AM
They can't stop bitcoin only can stop companys for using them. Thats all don't panic.
I do agree with you that the bitcoin currency is growing very fast and it is being so famous in a lot of areas the process of the bitcoin is making the the people aware of the real profit so people are believing in bitcoin more than before.  Currency of the bitcoin is gaining fame in some backward areas as well people are trying to connect with internet for the sake of the bitcoin so it is impossible to stop the bitcoin now.
A lot of countries are trying to ban bitcoin but they cannot stop the growth of the bitcoin permanently. At the start they will ban bitcoin or may be try to do this but later on they will see that banning bitcoin has no affect on the strength of the bitcoin and they are not capable to stop the Bitcoin River to grow more so government cannot stop bitcoin and the bitcoin will keep on growing more and more.
Activity: 94
September 18, 2017, 04:38:55 AM
Yes of course they can stop it. If they will ban bitcoin all over the world. Bitcoin would not stand a chance maybe a few years, and then it will lose all its value. Then other coins will rise up and take up Bitcoins place. Litecoin and eth are for me the best altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
September 18, 2017, 04:18:07 AM

That why bitcoin consider as risky investment since nobody can control it , it's decentralized currency but in other side , all criminal try to take advantage of bitcoin. I think if citizen still want to use bitcoin, government shall let them use it but warn them that if something happen that cause by bitcoin, they can't help at all
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
September 18, 2017, 04:05:16 AM
The governments of many countries already invest in bitcoin a lot of money so it means they wont make it illegal.
You are right they can’t stop bitcoin at all because a lot countries have already made investments in bitcoins which means that can’t even make it illegal for the people. It is very difficult for them to do so because of very large number of bitcoin users from all over the world and easier access to its users globally for transactions while sale/purchase of products online.

I say the kind of acceptance we are looking for might take time to come. Some government bearly understand how bitcoin works neither have they gone into investment on it. Also, with the recent happenings in China that caused some push down on price, imagine where few other countries make such decision. Is just to say nothing it impossible. Though bitcoin is rising again  Shocked
Activity: 313
September 18, 2017, 03:00:57 AM
The governments of many countries already invest in bitcoin a lot of money so it means they wont make it illegal.
You are right they can’t stop bitcoin at all because a lot countries have already made investments in bitcoins which means that can’t even make it illegal for the people. It is very difficult for them to do so because of very large number of bitcoin users from all over the world and easier access to its users globally for transactions while sale/purchase of products online.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
September 16, 2017, 08:23:24 AM
They can't stop bitcoin only can stop companys for using them. Thats all don't panic.
I do agree with you that the bitcoin currency is growing very fast and it is being so famous in a lot of areas the process of the bitcoin is making the the people aware of the real profit so people are believing in bitcoin more than before.  Currency of the bitcoin is gaining fame in some backward areas as well people are trying to connect with internet for the sake of the bitcoin so it is impossible to stop the bitcoin now.
Activity: 126
September 16, 2017, 05:36:04 AM

nothing can stop the bitcoin even though the government. says that bill gates bitcoin never ends. and more investors bitcoin will not stop losing the bitcoin and many will be crazy when bitcoin is lost. I still have no reason to want to lose the bitcoin and want to control the government.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
September 16, 2017, 12:53:09 AM
That would happen if all country ban bitcoin which is not possible since some already accepted bitcoin. Though bitcoin is currently facing problem due to ban in china, there will always be user from another country.
I support your stance and we all know the real powers of bitcoins. Bitcoins are really unstoppable and no country is going to stop them from ruling the world. Bitcoins are soon going to be made legal and we all are in few years using them for international transactions. These small hurdles can’t do any bad to bitcoins.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
September 14, 2017, 09:34:41 AM
even if the government fights again BTC, it will still evolve

it will just continue trading under the table or via VPN's if sites get blocked.. that's part of the reason Bitcoin is so popular, it can't be controlled by anyone
You are absolutely right dude. The main reason why still bitcoin stand firm and getting more stronger, it is because of the decentralization of bitcoin. Where all government of each country are not able to control it, because they are centralized and bitcoim was unregulated business industry.
Activity: 119
for future
September 13, 2017, 10:16:43 AM
That would happen if all country ban bitcoin which is not possible since some already accepted bitcoin. Though bitcoin is currently facing problem due to ban in china, there will always be user from another country.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
September 13, 2017, 10:02:16 AM
maybe governments can stop bitcoin but they can not stop people from using bitcoin and people will find another way to keep using bitcoin. governments is only keep watching and research about bitcoin while their searching the opportunity to getting involve in bitcoin because I think they have unlimited resource and asset. but crypto currency especially bitcoin itself can not be stop by any one and it will growth in the future.
There is a possibilities that this would happen. But I'm not agree in this situation that government will stop bitcoin as these days many users are currently involved in bitcoin. And we are aware that some countries bitcoin is already accepted and legal. However, I'm positive that bitcoin would be legal in the future and will exists longer.

to be able to realize bitcoin legalization would require support from various parties involved in bitcoin, and I think we can participate here to advance and popularization bitcoin through social media or socialization to the surrounding environment about bitcoin.
Legalizations on the way that it would be accepted on a certain country by means of new payment system just like what we saw on Japan but thinking off that legalizing it on which into a point on making it centralized would really be an impossible thing and on the recent actions of government regarding on ICO and even on bitcoin it does really give some effects but coming to a point on completely stopping it would really be a hard thing.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
September 13, 2017, 09:50:32 AM
maybe governments can stop bitcoin but they can not stop people from using bitcoin and people will find another way to keep using bitcoin. governments is only keep watching and research about bitcoin while their searching the opportunity to getting involve in bitcoin because I think they have unlimited resource and asset. but crypto currency especially bitcoin itself can not be stop by any one and it will growth in the future.
There is a possibilities that this would happen. But I'm not agree in this situation that government will stop bitcoin as these days many users are currently involved in bitcoin. And we are aware that some countries bitcoin is already accepted and legal. However, I'm positive that bitcoin would be legal in the future and will exists longer.

to be able to realize bitcoin legalization would require support from various parties involved in bitcoin, and I think we can participate here to advance and popularization bitcoin through social media or socialization to the surrounding environment about bitcoin.
Activity: 58
September 13, 2017, 08:32:27 AM
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
September 13, 2017, 07:51:30 AM
Pages:
Jump to: