Author

Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine... Revolution. - page 102. (Read 227070 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
March 05, 2014, 01:09:00 AM
"Peaceful fighters for freedom" (Right sector) invades to local parliament and threaten people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fKIq8fE1CE

This is what democracy US supports.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
March 04, 2014, 11:01:45 PM
If the Ukrainians would start firing Crimeans Russia would protect Crimeans...

Not only that. That will give Putin justification to invade the whole of Eastern Ukraine.... including Donestk, Luhansk, Kharkiv, Kherson, Zaporizhia, Kirovohrad, Mikolayev, Odessa.....
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
March 04, 2014, 06:53:35 PM
There are already enough places for a EU/Nato fleet at the Black sea.
You're forgetting Romania and Bulgaria Smiley

Take a look at the map and you will see that Crimea is like an island in the middle of the Black sea - there are not a lot better geostrategic locations on this planet: direct access to all countries surround by the sea and especially direct access to the heart of Russia, very easy to protect against invasion over land, perfect for missile base, the only access for Russia to the south seas can be cut any time, control over the straits of Bospor and kerch.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2014, 06:41:56 PM
Good thing that Putin denied any Russian soldiers are in Crimea at the moment.
If the Ukrainians would start firing on them, he can't abuse that to start a war.
If the Ukrainians would start firing Crimeans Russia would protect Crimeans...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 04, 2014, 06:24:25 PM
Good thing that Putin denied any Russian soldiers are in Crimea at the moment.
If the Ukrainians would start firing on them, he can't abuse that to start a war.
legendary
Activity: 1050
March 04, 2014, 05:53:16 PM
i think putin has already sanctioned US
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
March 04, 2014, 05:48:07 PM
If I had been in Obama's place, this is what I would have proposed. Opinions?

If Putin really is only interested in peace, how about US making it a joint effort and sending their own troops to stand and protect alongside the Russian troops. Not in a different area, where there will be tensions between areas protected by Russia and areas protected by US, but right in the exact same areas? Where the troops can mingle, talk, get to know each other, etc. If there is an actual threat of muslim uprising or Ukrainians attacking Russians, there will be more troops on the ground to keep the peace. Putin will get to feel vindicated about being right with regards to the claims about threat to his people, while being in a position of not being able to escalate to a war, with opposing troops being right there. And the actual troops will get to know each other and maybe build some comraderrie, which will hopefully keep them from wanting to shoot each other. At worst, US will have to admit that they just didn't see the possible threat to peace that Putin did.

I would have just had a vote in Crimea for all citizens on whether they actually wanted to join Russia or not, the problem with the people in power now is they both believe they know what's best and they don't give a shit about the opinions of their own people.

Here in the UK we're going to be having a referendum on the EU ( which I can't wait to vote on ) and the scots are going to have a vote on independence because the political pressure is so much that Cameron is going to have to do it, but of course he's trying to convince everyone and himself that Scotland needs the UK and that the UK should remain in the EU because it's in 'our' interest.

There is nothing more that a government or leader fears than somebody voting in total opposite to what they've constantly been touting is the 'best' decision for everybody, they hate it when people actively tell them to fuck off through the polls, an example of this is when Nick Clegg tried to push through a referendum on the Alternative Voting system, I think we came close to have 70% of the votes in the UK against it including me voting no.

I doubt the Ukraine government or anyone would ever allow such a move, because then that would mean all the politicians would be wrong, including Putin and Obama, because lets face it, Putin is most likely just using the Crimea as an excuse so if he says he wants to 'protect' the Ukraine as well and everybody votes against him he's going to have some explaining to do, I have of course not discounted the fact that there are lots of Russian ethnics in Crimea who would want to join the federation but if Russia was really that popular elsewhere in the Ukraine there wouldn't be all these problems in that country.

i wish they'd do the same in my country.  Cry

Hopefully i'll get to move in the UK Smiley

edit: putin just dont want the black sea to become some EU/US naval base (and i doubt he gives a shiet about the people there) since that would just mean nukes close to russia's borders.. no kidding Grin

There are already enough places for a EU/Nato fleet at the Black sea.
You're forgetting Romania and Bulgaria Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
March 04, 2014, 04:29:49 PM
I hope you have the patience to listen to what Putin really say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiKF8JN1qmk&list=UUpwvZwUam-URkxB7g4USKpg&feature=c4-overview
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
March 04, 2014, 08:04:41 AM
US crash to come...

-> http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/russia-warns-could-reduce-to-zero-economic-dependency-on-us/articleshow/31403595.cms

Quote from:  the article
An attempt to announce sanctions would end in a crash for the financial system of the United States, which would cause the end of the domination of the United States in the global financial system

buy buy buy Cheesy
legendary
March 04, 2014, 07:23:26 AM

If Putin really is only interested in peace, how about US making it a joint effort and sending their own troops to stand and protect alongside the Russian troops. Not in a different area, where there will be tensions between areas protected by Russia and areas protected by US, but right in the exact same areas? Where the troops can mingle, talk, get to know each other, etc. If there is an actual threat of muslim uprising or Ukrainians attacking Russians, there will be more troops on the ground to keep the peace. Putin will get to feel vindicated about being right with regards to the claims about threat to his people, while being in a position of not being able to escalate to a war, with opposing troops being right there. And the actual troops will get to know each other and maybe build some comraderrie, which will hopefully keep them from wanting to shoot each other. At worst, US will have to admit that they just didn't see the possible threat to peace that Putin did.

I would have just had a vote in Crimea for all citizens on whether they actually wanted to join Russia or not, the problem with the people in power now is they both believe they know what's best and they don't give a shit about the opinions of their own people.

Here in the UK we're going to be having a referendum on the EU ( which I can't wait to vote on ) and the scots are going to have a vote on independence because the political pressure is so much that Cameron is going to have to do it, but of course he's trying to convince everyone and himself that Scotland needs the UK and that the UK should remain in the EU because it's in 'our' interest.

There is nothing more that a government or leader fears than somebody voting in total opposite to what they've constantly been touting is the 'best' decision for everybody, they hate it when people actively tell them to fuck off through the polls, an example of this is when Nick Clegg tried to push through a referendum on the Alternative Voting system, I think we came close to have 70% of the votes in the UK against it including me voting no.

I doubt the Ukraine government or anyone would ever allow such a move, because then that would mean all the politicians would be wrong, including Putin and Obama, because lets face it, Putin is most likely just using the Crimea as an excuse so if he says he wants to 'protect' the Ukraine as well and everybody votes against him he's going to have some explaining to do, I have of course not discounted the fact that there are lots of Russian ethnics in Crimea who would want to join the federation but if Russia was really that popular elsewhere in the Ukraine there wouldn't be all these problems in that country.

i wish they'd do the same in my country.  Cry

Hopefully i'll get to move in the UK Smiley

edit: putin just dont want the black sea to become some EU/US naval base (and i doubt he gives a shiet about the people there) since that would just mean nukes close to russia's borders.. no kidding Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
March 04, 2014, 06:30:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
March 04, 2014, 06:14:33 AM
Putin is playing very carefully. Anyone who thinks that he will stop with Crimea is just delusional.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 04, 2014, 05:57:25 AM
so hum, what happened with the 3:00 deadline?
got friends in poland that believe it was all setup back then when their whole government were killed in Smolensk
end of the world comming? http://www.fakt.pl/swiete-ikony-w-rosyjskich-i-ukrainskich-klasztorach-zaczely-plakac,artykuly,447697,1.html  Undecided
fakt.pl and evrything is clear ...
legendary
chaos is fun...…damental :)
March 04, 2014, 05:54:00 AM
was a lie it seams
legendary
March 04, 2014, 05:49:40 AM
got friends in poland that believe it was all setup back then when their whole government were killed in Smolensk
end of the world comming? http://www.fakt.pl/swiete-ikony-w-rosyjskich-i-ukrainskich-klasztorach-zaczely-plakac,artykuly,447697,1.html  Undecided
Activity: 658
Small Red and Bad
March 04, 2014, 05:42:33 AM
Welcome to Poland, you chose well, Russia is disliked in Poland for historical reasons, and so is Putin.
Yep , we hate russia

Don't start about hate, every nation hates their neighbours, because you can easily find historical moments where one acted like a cunt towards other.

I won't tell you where I am from, but you can easily guess from this: we hate Austrians and Germans, we even more hate Italians, don't even mention Croats, we don't like Hungarians, we say fuck the Serbs and Bosnians, and Turks - we steal fear and hate you.  Cheesy
You're both right, people always have some issues with their neighbours, but don't forget that Russia backstabbed Poland in 1939 and occupied it until 1995. They brought communism and poverty, murdered over 4000 Polish citizens in Katyn, by shooting them in the head, burried them in mass graves and when it came out blamed the Germans. For decades they did what they could to capture and murder people who opposed their political ideology, especially people with military training and priests. You'll find no love for them here, I can assure you.
Activity: 538
March 04, 2014, 03:47:52 AM
Welcome to Poland, you chose well, Russia is disliked in Poland for historical reasons, and so is Putin.
Yep , we hate russia

Don't start about hate, every nation hates their neighbours, because you can easily find historical moments where one acted like a cunt towards other.

I won't tell you where I am from, but you can easily guess from this: we hate Austrians and Germans, we even more hate Italians, don't even mention Croats, we don't like Hungarians, we say fuck the Serbs and Bosnians, and Turks - we steal fear and hate you.  Cheesy
March 04, 2014, 03:46:45 AM
I'd like to see what poles will say when Yarosh and Right Sector will be isolated in Lvov and Ternopol right near their territory  Grin

I know Bendera army and poles have very strong love to each other in form of mutual genocide.
i better want to see what our 'Allies' would do .
legendary
Merit: 1013
March 04, 2014, 03:16:59 AM
I'd like to see what poles will say when Yarosh and Right Sector will be isolated in Lvov and Ternopol right near their territory  Grin

I know Bendera army and poles have very strong love to each other in form of mutual genocide.
March 04, 2014, 03:04:51 AM
No wonder the Russians are so ignorant when their media keeps feeding them complete lies...

Epic FAIL

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Yep , we hate russia
Jump to: