Pages:
Author

Topic: Media tries a little too hard to... - page 4. (Read 505 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
June 18, 2018, 04:02:18 PM
Most mainstream journalists don't have a clue what crypto is so they are going to demonise it and discourage others from investing. Ignore the fud, just follow the bitcoin experts instead

Can't agree more: the level of ignorance is sometimes just appalling, I've seen some "reports" that show such low level of knowledge it's not even funny.
What I'm concerned about tis that general public still happens to trust these guys who show up on the screen and spread some inaccurate (to say the least) info. Doing my own share to spread the unbiased info via my own social media, but I'm not sure if that's enough.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
June 18, 2018, 03:32:01 PM
Most mainstream journalists don't have a clue what crypto is so they are going to demonise it and discourage others from investing. Ignore the fud, just follow the bitcoin experts instead

Sometimes they are being paid to do so. There's a lot of different approaches to crypto from enthusiastic to full of hate, we can't do much about it. They will eventually make fools of themselves like the Polish government that paid youtubers to defame cryptocurrencies. Just sit and wait, they can't win by making things up. The truth will always resurface and kick them in the ass.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
June 18, 2018, 03:26:42 PM
...undermine cryptocurrencies and convince the world that it's "not worth it" - maybe, in fact this is the time to get in, before the bitcoin skyrockets?
Any thoughts..?

For reference, here's the article I can across today: http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/18/technology/bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-internet-bis/index.html

I think it won't affect the bitcoin price in anyway. People will start investing in bitcoin again when the price starts rising. I have seen countless time TV news creating fud even my local newspapers trying to creat fud but I think it's normal people will eventually find out about the blockchain technology and it's profitability. 
Activity: 101
June 18, 2018, 03:19:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
June 18, 2018, 03:14:23 PM
The article is about a report that was commissioned by dozens of the world's biggest banks. Of course it's going to say Bitcoin is worthless/a scam/a ponzi/a bubble/whatever. They are protecting theiriwn self interests.

I can Google for 100 articles written by flat Earthers that say NASA is a scam. Doesn't make it true.
Activity: 34
June 18, 2018, 02:30:40 PM
...undermine cryptocurrencies and convince the world that it's "not worth it" - maybe, in fact this is the time to get in, before the bitcoin skyrockets?
Any thoughts..?

For reference, here's the article I can across today: http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/18/technology/bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-internet-bis/index.html
Pages:
Jump to: