Pages:
Author

Topic: megabigpower.com - expansion cards now available - page 3. (Read 5041 times)

Activity: 631
Merit: 500
Maybe this will sound a bit naive, but would it be excessive to offer the V1.2 cards for cheaper, simply as a 'thank you' to everyone who bought an august starter kit and then had virtually no opportunities to add cards to it? (october preorders or a small pile of seemingly overpriced cards in november)

There are a lot of better options available, and to see these prices SUCKS Sad

Also seeing as the first buyers will probably lose 50% of the BTC they spent...
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Maybe this will sound a bit naive, but would it be excessive to offer the V1.2 cards for cheaper, simply as a 'thank you' to everyone who bought an august starter kit and then had virtually no opportunities to add cards to it? (october preorders or a small pile of seemingly overpriced cards in november)

There are a lot of better options available, and to see these prices SUCKS Sad
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Dave, which generation of card ships immediately?  You mentioned in your other thread that one type is delayed by a few days.
Glow Stick Dance!
Didn't H-cards used to be priced at $500?

[WTB] BitFury H-Cards for V1.0 M-Board.  Currently have a starter kit with 3 cards totaling 52 GH/s. But would like to add to it.
Not willing to buy at current Megabigpower.com rate of $500 for 25Gh/s. Way over priced.

Yeah... and then the price of bitcoin rose 700%.

So the price to get and manufacture hardware also rose dramatically?  No. 

This is called greed. 

Anyone who wants to support it can buy price jacked hardware (I paid $50 for this last month and I'll happily pay $250 for it today again!), anyone who wants to pass can likely find similar elsewhere.  And I can say flat-out that 25GH at that price is not worthwhile, run more than that and the daily earnings are a pittance.

Not saying that I love the new pricing either.  But demand for ASICs skyrocketed along with the price of bitcoin, hence some manufacturers raised their prices.  You would have done the same thing if you were Bitfury because it's what businesses do when their product is in great demand.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
ouch on the pricing.. wow..

I'm sure the n00b market will soak them up..
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

[WTB] BitFury H-Cards for V1.0 M-Board.  Currently have a starter kit with 3 cards totaling 52 GH/s. But would like to add to it.
Not willing to buy at current Megabigpower.com rate of $500 for 25Gh/s. Way over priced.

So the price to get and manufacture hardware also rose dramatically?  No. 

This is called greed. 

Anyone who wants to support it can buy price jacked hardware (I paid $50 for this last month and I'll happily pay $250 for it today again!), anyone who wants to pass can likely find similar elsewhere.  And I can say flat-out that 25GH at that price is not worthwhile, run more than that and the daily earnings are a pittance.
Glow Stick Dance!

Activity: 420
Sorry bro, may as well order from BFL at these prices. 
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
$1000 for 25GH & no backplane ....  Huh  Thanks anyhow.............................  Roll Eyes
vip
Activity: 472
Hi folks, I just put up 1000 of each: Old Style and New Style H-cards.  Expand your starter kits!

Also, I'm happy to announce that I've got credit card processing back running again!

Best Regards,
Dave

www.megabigpower.com
Pages:
Jump to: