Pages:
Author

Topic: Member Juneteenth just took my US$425 and sent no 4.0 BTC - page 6. (Read 6301 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm not sure if this helps, but I had a payment of $690 sent to a brand new PayPal account that I only linked to a bank account after the transactions were made.

I then requested a bank transfer to get my green, and PayPal actually called me (woke me up, in fact) to verify the transactions.

So the lady verified that gift payments took place. She verified that a bank transaction is pending. She then asked me if it was a "one time" kind of thing (for the gift payments, I assume). I told her yes, and she got immediately full of sunshine.

My own opinion (for what it's worth) is that PayPal limited the account for more of a reason than "New account > Gets money". Perhaps the name or phone number was sketch, or perhaps the information matched another account, or something. Just something to think about when/if you create more PP accounts.
it happens to be my only pp account. I got a email from paypal so hopefully tonight this is all sorted.. and as of yet OP hasnt responded to my pms or called Paypal.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I'm not sure if this helps, but I had a payment of $690 sent to a brand new PayPal account that I only linked to a bank account after the transactions were made.

I then requested a bank transfer to get my green, and PayPal actually called me (woke me up, in fact) to verify the transactions.

So the lady verified that gift payments took place. She verified that a bank transaction is pending. She then asked me if it was a "one time" kind of thing (for the gift payments, I assume). I told her yes, and she got immediately full of sunshine.

My own opinion (for what it's worth) is that PayPal limited the account for more of a reason than "New account > Gets money". Perhaps the name or phone number was sketch, or perhaps the information matched another account, or something. Just something to think about when/if you create more PP accounts.
Activity: 42
I had an issue with a transaction that would not confirm.  I messed up on my blockchain.  This guy implied that I should give him my blockchain.info login credentails so he could "fix it".  I asked him to explain to me how to fix it, and he said it was "too complicated" to explain, and never messaged again.

From my PM box-

Juneteenth

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: HelpPlease on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »

« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

QuoteReplyDelete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mostly you ned a friend to log in and manually fix it. its hard to explain.

THEN-

i have a skype add me tempishot
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
But there has been NO mention of either btc or currency to PayPal.

All of this us due to a medium sized payment going into an unverified account. Full stop.

June's earliest posts on this forum were written in poor English, as if from a non English as first language background. Yet his PayPal is 'mike harris' and email 'Toni____…
My email on this forum is unhidden and is my name. My PayPal account is my name. My PayPal email is my name. Google my name and it will be only a handful in the whole world if not the only one.

I am not expecting June to take the escrow route as I've offered above. There'll be another excuse. In all his attempts to trade on this forum he has offered to do so via escrow. When anybody accepts to trade via escrow he backs away - siting 'its my free will not to do business with you' etc BS etc. Its escrow = no risk = no excuse valid. You either want to trade or you hoping yo scam, which you can't do via escrow.

I'm surprised June hasn't dumped this account and moved on, as a scammer would once they've been outed as one.

Juneteenth, you want us all to believe you as innocent in this trade, yet EVERY time you are asked to step up to do something positive, you find an excuse. c'mon dude, step up already.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Shouldn't be this hard - but paypal doesn't like btc

just saying

[EDIT] expecting you to refund this guy...
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
So much goes on while we down under sleep.

Still waiting for either my money or btc. Yes, btc.

We can all see this issue has arisen from June's unverified PayPal account.

If you are having all these issues with PayPal, send the btc.

Send them escrow, I will cancel the claim in your favour. Escrow releases btc to me. You deal with your PayPal account.

Wulabwutech, will you be escrow?
Or how do we get this john k guy on board?

Fixing this for an innocent customer shouldn't take this long...
The plan is to 100% refund and he has agreed.
Activity: 28
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
already faxed this morning. Thats not the problem. The problem was paypal says i need to pay for the currency conversion. I think its bs and only one out of 10 associates told me that. One associate told me they would release funds for me to automatically refund. I keep getting the runaround but you see what i'm talking about now?>

This sounds like PP x100!

But My point was that if the account gets released, then you have the money in hand and while the refund feature may be broken, you can at least get goose his BTC if he still wants it.  Otherwise you can probably try and refuse the payment or send it back some other way than the resolution center
already faxed this morning. Thats not the problem. The problem was paypal says i need to pay for the currency conversion. I think its bs and only one out of 10 associates told me that. One associate told me they would release funds for me to automatically refund. I keep getting the runaround but you see what i'm talking about now?>
no i never asked him for a private key. Someone else did and he already told me that and i was shocked. Xbox games is going to eat his words because indeed i am not a scammer. I will post video proof also now.
http://youtu.be/IIpgXlJm6qM

and there it is. OP needs to find out.

Yeah, this is the video evidence I was looking for...  He is doing the right steps, but for some reason it won't take.

Have you tried taking the steps to unlock your account yet?
1.  OP did not contact me.  I saw a scam accusation of a person I suspected in a previous thread, and called it out, and offered to help you clear your name.  You refused.

Now you are blaming the OP saying he should have reached out to you.........WTF do you call this whole thread? 

MAKE THE GODDAMN SHIT RIGHT AND HE WILL VERIFY YOU DID I AM SURE.  STOP DICKING AROUND.  YOU HAVE ALL THIS TIME TO ARGUE AND POST CONTRADICTING STORIES, BUT NO TIME TO PAY HIM BACK.  PLUS YOU HAVE TIME TO SELL A FRIENDS FUCKING GIFT CARD....THE PHANTOM GIFTCARD THAT THERE IS NO HISTORY OF SELLING ON BITMIT.

You might fool some people.  You arent fooling me one bit.  Fuck off scammer
I did nto sell it on Bitmit. A friend decided to. Not me.. so there. You are now making up stories. I posted the video. All my screen caps were true. I don't need anyone to defend me. In this entire thread OP has ignored me.. ignored pms.. he just kept repeating what YOU said.. Of course! My suggestion to you is that if you actually worked for paypal( which reminds me.. whats your nae.. because a very reliable source wants to know) You would know what my video meant.. and you would noticed i called plenty of times. I cannot call about OP account.. i can only call about my own! Please GTFO this thread. You serve no purpose because now OP isnt online which is as much bs as he says about me being busy during the day! You are making up new stuff and it isnt right. Just stop.. Leave this thread.. Already PM'ed John K and he will settle this but not once has OP called paypal and told them i was having an issue refunding. He told paypal he needed to file an unauthorized claim. SEE THE DIFFERENCE!
1.  OP did not contact me.  I saw a scam accusation of a person I suspected in a previous thread, and called it out, and offered to help you clear your name.  You refused.

Now you are blaming the OP saying he should have reached out to you.........WTF do you call this whole thread? 

MAKE THE GODDAMN SHIT RIGHT AND HE WILL VERIFY YOU DID I AM SURE.  STOP DICKING AROUND.  YOU HAVE ALL THIS TIME TO ARGUE AND POST CONTRADICTING STORIES, BUT NO TIME TO PAY HIM BACK.  PLUS YOU HAVE TIME TO SELL A FRIENDS FUCKING GIFT CARD....THE PHANTOM GIFTCARD THAT THERE IS NO HISTORY OF SELLING ON BITMIT.

You might fool some people.  You arent fooling me one bit.  Fuck off scammer
no i never asked him for a private key. Someone else did and he already told me that and i was shocked. Xbox games is going to eat his words because indeed i am not a scammer. I will post video proof also now.

I wont eat my words at all.  You are dodgy as hell, and if not a scammer, than you are just a lowlife who thinks only of himself.  either way, scum.  But, its just my opinion.  I am sure you will still be able to make deals here
I work.. so of course i dont have time to stay online forever. Second.. OP desired to post in THIS thread instead of personally talking to me.. which is kinda suspicious. Then you  keep feeding words to op.. If anything OP should have resolved with me (which I tried to but he ignored) but instead he dragged others into it. I'm pretty sure i'm not a lowlife.. I'd say the same about you.. but idk... I dont say incriminating things to people.

I wont eat my words at all.  You are dodgy as hell, and if not a scammer, than you are just a lowlife who thinks only of himself.  either way, scum.  But, its just my opinion.  I am sure you will still be able to make deals here
http://youtu.be/IIpgXlJm6qM

and there it is. OP needs to find out.

You don't think him buying BTC, selling BTC, and selling a 500.00 gift card is relevent to the fact that he owes a memeber over 400.00 and seems to not have a care in the world about resolving it relevent.

He is coming in here, posting all kinds of things that make no sense, making up 100 excuses, which I know are patently NOt how paypal operates, yet he is still being defended.

Tell ya what.  Why dont YOU buy the gift card from him?  

Because I don't need a $500 ebay giftcard?  But if you were looking for a birthday gift... :-p

The reason I don't think this is a scam is because of the fact that he has some pretty good proof that his account is locked.  I don't think the screenshot is faked.  What is the chance that he knew his account would be locked, and then asked for payment of the $425?  Pretty slim if you ask me.  Yes, it does sound like he does not have a lot of experience with PP and he does not have a business account, but being inept with technology does not a scammer one make.  Otherwise my grandfather would be a scammer!  It took myself a few years to learn everything about what I use in PP and I'm sure there's a lot more to learn still.

Do I know he is not a scammer?  No, of course not, there is only one person that knows that for sure at this point, but the evidence, at least to me, points to the fact that he is probably not.  It sounds like Goose has opened a dispute and June has made no effort to counter--a scammer certainly would make some sort of counter rather than letting the money just go.  Yes, he should call up PP and ask them to resolve in favor of the claimant, but I wouldn't be surprised if PP required this to be in writing.  And remember, disputes that are not responded to in a certain time frame (I want to say it's a week from the date of purchase? but I could be making this up, I know it's less than 20 days for sure based on PP's website) will allow the buyer to elevate it to a claim. "You and the buyer communicate directly on the PayPal site. If you don’t respond, the buyer may escalate the issue to a claim."

Like I said, there are a lot of little nuances of how PP operates that causes a lot of glitches, and I doubt any one person could know all of these (because if their tech team knew, they would work to fix these!)

In regards to him buying and selling BTC, since this is a BTC forum, that doesn't strike me as odd at all.  And neither does selling a giftcard.  Just because your account is locked doesn't mean that you can't still conduct business as usual.  Imagine if we had to shut down our company every time paypal locked our account!  Can you imagine the lost sales?  Yes, I'm sure that not having PP would cause slow down business as people who want to pay via PP might go elsewhere, but it's not a red flag in and of itself.

And would I do business with him?  Probably not.  But that's not because of this thread.  I don't do business with people I don't trust and know all that well with BTC because it is a non-reversible transaction.  If escrowed, I would consider it, but why pay for escrow when I have my own list of trusted members?

The reason I defend him is that I believe in innocence until proven guilty, and he is still making an effort here to post what he;s doing even if it doesn't seem to be the most expeditious route to those of us with more experience with PP.  I have dealt with a locked account before on more than one occasion and I can tell you it's a very frustrating experience.  But I believe the following steps could resolve the issue if the parties involved know how to do it:

1) June contacts PP NOT in regards to this transaction, but just how to unlock his account.  If he does this, he can send funds back to goose and there is no problem left. (Or send the BTC, I would leave the choice up to Goose)
2) June asks PP to find the dispute resolution in favor of goose.  (n.b. this is not the same as refunding the buyer which obviously isn't working right now.  It has the same effect, but it allows the buyer to escalate to a claim which June is not disputing)
3) Goose hears nothing back from June and asks PP to escalate to a claim.  He will need to wait 7 days before this options is available IIRC, but it would work.
4) Goose files a chargeback with his CC company.  He gets the money back in 14-31 days.

Any of the 4 options would work.  But all parties involved need to swallow their pride a bit and come to terms with the fact that THEY have to take the action.  Xbox and I and anyone else involved can armchair quarterback but only one of them can actually call the play on the field.
You can add funds with a restricted account.

Pages:
Jump to: