Author

Topic: Merit & new rank requirements - page 311. (Read 166645 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
January 25, 2018, 01:33:55 AM
I think you should also change polls so only Members with merits can vote.. they should also be closed polls so people cannot see who is voting the same as now..

this should help clean up reputation a little bit and will give much more credit to the fewer polls that are started.. also we will see less votes against the DT members as the Pajeets wont have any merits to vote with..

copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
January 25, 2018, 01:33:17 AM
Well... But I do not understand. If someone has 10 twinks. Why do not they just give merits to the main account?
If a person A gives 1 merit to a person B, does it mean that the person A lose 1 merit from the profile?
Reason A: because you only have a limited amount of sMerit available to send.
Reason B: Because that would be fucking obvious and althunters would be all over your ass.

Or why do people not send trust to/with all their alt accounts? Same situation, really.
staff
Activity: 1718
Merit: 1206
Yield.App
January 25, 2018, 01:33:00 AM
Well... But I do not understand. If someone has 10 twinks. Why do not they just give merits to the main account?
If a person A gives 1 merit to a person B, does it mean that the person A lose 1 merit from the profile?

Not quite like that. Person B will increase his merit points (shown on profile) and also receive 0.5 sMerit (sendable Merit) & person A will lose 1 sMerit. Merit points on your profile cannot be decreased. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 103
0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F
January 25, 2018, 01:32:40 AM
If taking on the POV of a relatively newcomer like me, many would probably find the additional requirement of merit points as just another roadblock. To be honest, I've been a casual reader for a year now before deciding to register and be active. That's one regret for sure as it takes more effort now to rank up and also participate in signature campaigns. BUT this new system is only understandable and even expected given the unprecedented increase in new registrants wanting to join.

This system just means newbies need to read more, write better and engage more -- a not-so-bad thing.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
January 25, 2018, 01:32:28 AM
I already don't like the way clicking on +merit takes you away from the thread.  Can you please have it open in a new window?

Use middle click or hold down control-click.
Activity: 429
Merit: 259
January 25, 2018, 01:30:51 AM
You're trying to stop the spam thing, and that's okay, but, literally 99% of btctalk have a retarded opinion on a topic and add a reward for it, then you have massive spam anyways. And thats why we dont have old users like Gavin and others.
Activity: 121
Merit: 50
January 25, 2018, 01:30:01 AM
When merit system starts? From jan 24?
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
January 25, 2018, 01:28:11 AM
How about many twinks which will increase merits each one?  Huh Is there a protect system?
Quality Posting anti trolling or farming account consider to merit that you have own and give to other have posting constructive needed to make merit and count to activity.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
January 25, 2018, 01:27:42 AM
so you think only 5-10 members are active daily ?? cant you find even 20-30 different eligible members for your smerits ??
There are more than 5-10 members that have sMerits. Hundreds of thousands of users got some number of sMerits. There are also 35 merit sources who produce sMerit out of nothingness.

So when people start selling them it will be equivalent to an ICO for sMeritcoins?  Cheesy

/I'll show myself out....
staff
Activity: 1718
Merit: 1206
Yield.App
January 25, 2018, 01:23:12 AM
Will deleting my post with merit points will also lead to the deletion of all the merit points? that will be only question from my side. Hope someone able to answer this one.

Nope.

How about if the post merited is deleted? Will the merit count? Or erased too? Because somebody could just use merit for unreasonable purpose.

The merit is not undone if the post is deleted.
Activity: 518
Merit: 264
January 25, 2018, 01:23:01 AM
How about many twinks which will increase merits each one?  Huh Is there a protect system?
Quality Posting anti trolling or farming account consider to merit that you have own and give to other have posting constructive needed to make merit and count to activity.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
January 25, 2018, 01:21:27 AM
What is to prevent someone from just giving their sMerit to a sock puppet account?  
That they only have a limited amount of sMerit to give.

And if someone does not have enough merit, they not be allowed to move up the ranks  ie, from full to senior member
Yes. That's essentially the whole point of this system.

Thank you for clarifying. I like the idea of this, but need to fully research it. The bots, sock puppets, and blatant troll accounts are getting on my last nerve in the threads I frequent regularly. Lets hope this slows their roll  Grin
Activity: 1092
Merit: 582
January 25, 2018, 01:21:02 AM
I can't express how happy i'm from this decision. The decision will stop every crap and off topic poster from getting rank up and all genuine members of the community will able to get what they deserve. The decision will make the community stronger.
Bulk Account farming will not be possible anymore and the person has to put a lot of efforts to rank up their alts which will be time consuming and irritating for them. Smiley

Will deleting my post with merit points will also lead to the deletion of all the merit points? that will be only question from my side. Hope someone able to answer this one.

Thanks admin for implementing such a great ad to the forum.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
January 25, 2018, 01:18:15 AM
What is to prevent someone from just giving their sMerit to a sock puppet account? 
That they only have a limited amount of sMerit to give.

And if someone does not have enough merit, they not be allowed to move up the ranks  ie, from full to senior member
Yes. That's essentially the whole point of this system.
Merit: 255
January 25, 2018, 01:16:38 AM
Hi guys . . I thought I had a pretty good grasp of the merit system, but after reading I'm still confused.

And if someone does not have enough merit, they not be allowed to move up the ranks  ie, from full to senior member

I see this as a good thing to prevent these damn spam and farming accounts for bounties, etc

But won't people just ask their forum buddies to give them some merit so they can rank up if they do not have enough?
This way it would be easier to find alt accounts and give them negative trust. We can easily make out if a person gives his entire smerit to another user then it will most likely be his alt.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
January 25, 2018, 01:15:33 AM
Activity: 476
Merit: 359
January 25, 2018, 01:15:02 AM
Will this affect people who got negative trust? I mean in a way they  having a lot of merits can give you a good image despite having negative trust from dt members. Its like a way to redeem mistake for better of for another attempt?.

I guess we can not see it that way. Because merit is only a representation of our post quality post which got merit-ed from people who appreciates it, while negative trust is a trust given to someone because of their in-ethical deeds like spamming, scamming, etc.
So, in my conclusion, one trust can not affect or diminish other kind of trust, and we need to see all trust to measure a person behind the account.
Activity: 602
Merit: 13
January 25, 2018, 01:13:41 AM
Hi guys . . I thought I had a pretty good grasp of the merit system, but after reading I'm still confused.

And if someone does not have enough merit, would they not be allowed to move up the ranks?  ie, from full to senior member?  

Merit and smerit different
your merit locked and never reduced
Activity: 602
Merit: 13
January 25, 2018, 01:12:58 AM
I was thinking that the problem would be ppl below Member might hardly get any merit as observed.
Merit: 252
January 25, 2018, 01:12:16 AM

I see this as a good thing to prevent these damn spam and farming accounts for bounties, etc

But won't people just ask their forum buddies to give them some merit so they can rank up if they do not have enough?
Jump to: