Pages:
Author

Topic: MESSAGE FROM GRAVITATE CASH OUT COINS NOW - page 2. (Read 10227 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693
C.D.P.E.M
December 15, 2019, 09:04:30 PM
Well,
I have 5 coins unpeeled.
They are the 0.01BTC  bought in Feb/March 2014 from Gravitate himself.

What are the odds of them being empty?
Is anyone interested to "gamble" and buy them?
I guess if a lot of people peeled them, I may have some of the last unpeeled coins.

I'm a little bit gutted as I gave one to my younger brother (a no-coiner) last Xmas and told him that one day that would pay for his son studies (he doesn't have a son yet  Grin  )

I have checked on blockchain.info and the addresses he provided me are still funded.
But no way to know if the private key under the sticker is matching.

so, to peel or not to peel?
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
September 19, 2019, 11:38:43 AM
Both priv keys brings " unrecognized format" issue on btc sweep option.

The coin I bought off him had the private key dicked with just in case someone else got their hands on it. If I remember rightly he removed the 5 and swapped around the last two characters of the private key which he mentioned in an email on posting it. Good job I remembered that bit.

Dunno if he did that for later coins, this was when he was calling himself PBC or something, but worth checking if anyone has a similar issue.

I redeemed a bunch of his coins in the past (the earlier ones and the 'lucky round' coins, never had issues.

Maybe , maybe not. For sure my coin- one of them showing swept in 2018. Second one not sure but both priv keys brings error when tried to sweep.

So sorry but I will be sceptic about his credibility.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
September 18, 2019, 02:43:55 PM

The coin I bought off him had the private key dicked with just in case someone else got their hands on it. If I remember rightly he removed the 5 and swapped around the last two characters of the private key which he mentioned in an email on posting it. Good job I remembered that bit.

Dunno if he did that for later coins, this was when he was calling himself PBC or something, but worth checking if anyone has a similar issue.

I redeemed a bunch of his coins in the past (the earlier ones and the 'lucky round' coins, never had issues.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
September 18, 2019, 04:08:01 AM

legendary
September 18, 2019, 03:58:59 AM
I'm unlucky. My two coins are simply empty.

Gravitate you are an asshole. Some pm to every user who paid for that brass crap would do. Not everyone sitting 24/7 on this board. I understand problems can happens. But you knew from round one what you was doing.

2016 I purchased this and today someone I gave it as a gift called to ask how to redeem them. They empty. Gift failed. Than fuck at least I have decency to pay them back and pretend everything is fine.

Good job. What a dick move.
This space is so shit. And yeah, if I met you I would tell you to your face what kind of douche you are.

Was the BTC moved from the coins or were they never funded?
If it was moved when was it moved?
Just trying to get a # of how many were not funded vs. breached.

-Dave

This is what I found:

by searching this : https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/0f76d0f86f4021b2d5bf8e7f64e5e19f86200dba5c36203450982188ab57bd12

can see my coin today is empty. It has been emptied in 2018 which is really sad.
My coin addy starts 1C7: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1C7ZBe1RxT3U9YbJkXvBkw888iXs8N9iA2

Second one if addy was wright looks like never was loaded.

Thanks
legendary
September 18, 2019, 03:55:59 AM

Gravitate you are an asshole. Some pm to every user who paid for that brass crap would do. Not everyone sitting 24/7 on this board. I understand problems can happens. But you knew from round one what you was doing.

2016 I purchased this and today someone I gave it as a gift called to ask how to redeem them. They empty. Gift failed. Than fuck at least I have decency to pay them back and pretend everything is fine.

This space is so shit. And yeah, if I met you I would tell you to your face what kind of douche you are.

Were the coins unloaded or did someone move the funds?

Looks like someone moved coins in 2018 from one coin. Second looks like is empty and never was funded.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
September 18, 2019, 03:42:19 AM

Were the coins unloaded or did someone move the funds?
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
September 17, 2019, 09:39:01 PM

-Dave

This is my concern as well.  Was it swept if so can you provide the sweep day.  Swept coins while still assembled and/or a private key which is incorrect while both horrible, are 2 different issues.  One indicates sloppiness the other indicates theft.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 17, 2019, 08:56:19 PM

-Dave

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
September 17, 2019, 10:54:01 AM

Problem was that he was actually endorsed by some trusted fellas from the board. So u know it always 50/50. But I get your point. Don't trust, verify I guess.

Not possible with any physical coin with anything implanted. I think it's an idea whose time has been and gone. Like bitcoin itself the conditions for something like the birth of casascius can't be replicated.

Gravitate sorted me out back in the day when he was pre microsoul but appears to have gone mental like so many others in bitcoinland who stick around too long.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
September 17, 2019, 08:01:18 AM
People should also read the Coinmakers scammers list anytime they plan to buy a coin.

Sorry to hear for your loss...wish I had made that thread sooner>> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/info-breached-or-scam-coin-makers-list-3315347
legendary
September 17, 2019, 05:47:08 AM

I figured early that he was a scamming baboon, but many didn't want to believe me at first. Roll Eyes Sorry for your loss.

Problem was that he was actually endorsed by some trusted fellas from the board. So u know it always 50/50. But I get your point. Don't trust, verify I guess.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 17, 2019, 02:49:02 AM

I figured early that he was a scamming baboon, but many didn't want to believe me at first. Roll Eyes Sorry for your loss.
legendary
September 16, 2019, 07:07:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
January 06, 2018, 06:47:22 PM
I found a 2013 0.01 with 1HUWzFpa its not showing on uberbills site anyone know how to check if its still funded please?

Your coin is funded. There are a few block explorers that allow you to check bitcoin addresses using firstbits.
A quick scan shows that yours has been funded.

https://www.walletexplorer.com/address/1HUWzFpa1nodPgkMEytrTcR9DgmcwMEP4R?from_firstbits=1HUWzFpa

Consider yourself lucky. The remaining 1-2 of the ones that I have don't seem to show up on any block explorer suggesting that they might have never been funded at all  Sad

Just redeemed my coin and it was funded, guess I was one of the lucky ones.

https://bitref.com/1HUWzFpa1nodPgkMEytrTcR9DgmcwMEP4R
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
November 28, 2017, 04:18:15 PM
I used the free coinomi wallet

You can import/sweep the private key to claim Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold in the same wallet so it is very convenient and free.
Activity: 339
Merit: 254
November 28, 2017, 11:00:28 AM

I used this method   https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-claim-bitcoin-gold-btg-guide/

Remember remove all your BTC first and once you are done never use that wallet again!

Thanks for the info! I'll look into this when I get home from work. 
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
November 28, 2017, 10:37:49 AM
All 3 coins I bought had BTC on them.  Shame I had to peel them.  Never peeled a coin before Sad  My god are private keys much harder to read than I thought.  

Also whats the easiest way to deal with bitcoin gold?  I really haven't done much with it.

I used this method   https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-claim-bitcoin-gold-btg-guide/

Remember remove all your BTC first and once you are done never use that wallet again!
Activity: 463
Merit: 74
November 27, 2017, 11:45:42 PM
Hopefully this attempt to reach you will not be in vain, graviate (I notice you haven't been on in a while). I have a 2014 .01BTC Microsoul that, according to the firstbits, is funded. I would like you to explicitly tell me that you are suggesting removing the holo and redeeming the funds to ensure they are in-fact there, effectively eliminating the [substantial] novelty value these coins have, and that I paid for. Furthermore, I would like to know how (and if) you plan to compensate for this lost novelty value ($200+/coin). Or, can you assure me that since the firstbit lookup says the coin is funded, that it is in-fact funded.

Either way it looks as though you aren't gonna get the answer you want.  Novelty value you won't be refunded.  Can the coin be determined to be loaded without peeling and try to redeem, nope.  You peel and there is funds on there, then the funded coin price goes down because it's peeled....

Agree...I have a loaded Microsoul...Does it say it is loaded..yes...Is it? probably the public and private keys do not match. That is the way I will let it stay as the amount of Btc in it is very small.

It will be a part of our Physical Bitcoin collectors history, and that is the only reason I am keeping and not peeling.

Same...not peeling.  At this point they are conversation pieces for me.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
November 27, 2017, 10:50:06 PM
All 3 coins I bought had BTC on them.  Shame I had to peel them.  Never peeled a coin before Sad  My god are private keys much harder to read than I thought.  

Also whats the easiest way to deal with bitcoin gold?  I really haven't done much with it.

Yeah if the private keys are good don't forget about all the sh*tcoins on them like bcash and bgold and whatever air drops since they were loaded.  The whole fork thing is getting tough to buy/sell coins
Pages:
Jump to: