Pages:
Author

Topic: Milk, eggs, bread and bitcoins? - page 3. (Read 376 times)

Activity: 363
Merit: 100
January 20, 2019, 11:19:24 AM
I think bitcoin is more reasonable to be used when you are transacting with larger amount of money to save in transaction fees. If we use it to buy everyday essentials with the current transaction fees, the fees would become a significant additional to our expenses which should not be existing at the first place when we use fiat.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 20, 2019, 10:31:24 AM
Bitcoin still can not compete with the usual money in terms of payment for services, products, and in everyday life. Maybe in 5 years, if by that time nothing will change globally.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
January 20, 2019, 10:30:44 AM
According to GeekWire, Coinme, a manufacturer of cryptocurrency ATMs from Seattle, has entered into a partnership agreement with the manufacturer of Coinstar machines, which will allow paying for purchases with bitcoins in grocery stores.
The new partner Coinme has introduced service in Safeway and Albertsons supermarkets in California, Washington and Texas. Kiosks will allow customers to purchase bitcoins for cash of up to $ 2,500. Upon completion of the transaction, the system provides a code that can be used on the Coinme website to get acquired bitcoins.

Despite the fact that many people call the current period "crypto-winter", Coinme CEO and co-founder Neil Bergquist believes that a startup with ATMs is flourishing: "Our customers use Bitcoin for remittances, diversifying their savings or simply as a gift for family members interested in Bitcoin."
Coinme's CEO and Co-Founder Neil Bergquist is convinced that cryptocurrency is now more useful than ever: "People stop gambling with the price of cryptocurrency and are beginning to use the technological advantages of the blockchain."

Do you think people who own Bitcoin will pay for their daily purchases? Everyone remembers that pizza was worth 10,000 bitcoins, now it would be a huge fortune.
No, because local exchanges has huge transaction fee. The ideal way in purchasing products or services is.by using fiat money where one does not need to join for a loc ezchages to get bitcoin but will eventually if you have already a transaction fee will be deducted for converting fiat to crypto. So I will.not suggest to buy bitcoin just for the purpose of purchasing products. Bitcoin is not efficient for this.
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
January 20, 2019, 10:23:54 AM
People who own bitcoin will not buy for these funds in stores. Because bitcoin is an investment at the moment. People are willing to trade on exchanges to sell them at inflated prices but without nommission. Earning instead of spending.
Activity: 751
Merit: 251
January 20, 2019, 07:48:09 AM
Each next ATM, service and website that accept payments in Bitcoin is the next step to the mainstream and full adoption of cryptocurrencies. Such information is another positive event that will help raise the crypto currency market from the knees and lead to the new ATH. Well done and thank you Coinme!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2019, 07:42:44 AM
This is great news, we need more adoption like this, it may be need more development from Bitcoin about the speed and transaction fee, but if we can have more store to accept this then it definitely going to be good for Bitcoin future, the aim from the Bitcoin is to be able to spend it on daily items, so if more shop adopt it then we are closer to the goal
Activity: 280
January 20, 2019, 06:55:21 AM
         That `s what I believe as well. In a few years, everyone will use Bitcoin as a means of payment. It would be interesting for all people to know and use crypto coins. That would bring massive increases in coin prices. Until then, we must enjoy every step advanced towards this useful premise.
copper member
Activity: 153
Merit: 4
CCECOIN
January 20, 2019, 05:33:34 AM
If this news is truly genuine, then we are looking at another milestone in the revolution brought by Bitcoin, we are entering an era where Cryptocurrencies might be more circular.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
January 20, 2019, 05:29:06 AM
Technologies in our world are moving forward to make our lives better and more comfortable, introducing this payment system for goods into reality, can positively affect the popularization of cryptography and its further progress. We will be able to pay for the goods we need with the money of the future, this will simplify the calculations.
Activity: 812
Merit: 287
January 20, 2019, 04:10:44 AM
it would be convenient for me to pay Bitcoin in the store, because now my Bitcoin goes a long way to turn into a Fiat .. while losing money for a percentage of the transaction, for transferring to a card and so on .. of course it would be great in all countries and shops there were such ATMs — it would significantly reduce my expenses ..
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
January 20, 2019, 03:52:33 AM
Do you think people who own Bitcoin will pay for their daily purchases? Everyone remembers that pizza was worth 10,000 bitcoins, now it would be a huge fortune.

what i believe is that people have already been doing that for a long time whenever possible. not everyone is in it for the profit and not everyone is going to just sell to get the profit out. what that second part means is that if you check out the merchant stats in 2017 you can see that we didn't just have a price ATH, we also had a merchant stats ATH where they had their most number of customers spending their bitcoins in their business to get that "profit" out.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
January 19, 2019, 07:42:19 PM
There are still many people who are not familiar with cryptocurrency. Without crypto expansion carried out by certain parties, I think it will take a long time for crypto to develop in the general public. So we need to thank people who have worked hard in spreading crypto.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 259
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
January 19, 2019, 07:05:15 PM
that is good news that will increase the price and appeal of bitcoin and I hope there will be more stores or companies that support crypto for their payment systems so that crypto can really be the currency used for payments not only as a currency traded and made an investment
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
January 19, 2019, 06:37:03 PM
One of the barriers to bitcoin adoption is that it is too damned difficult to buy. If it can be purchase at the supermarkets then even the typical housewife looking to invest a bit on the side is able to get into crypto as well
Activity: 385
January 19, 2019, 06:30:03 PM
I don't think that bitcoin will be used as a daily payment instument. In my view every government will create their own cryptocurrency which will be legit in their country and people will use it to pay in supermarket.
Activity: 546
January 18, 2019, 06:37:30 AM
According to GeekWire, Coinme, a manufacturer of cryptocurrency ATMs from Seattle, has entered into a partnership agreement with the manufacturer of Coinstar machines, which will allow paying for purchases with bitcoins in grocery stores.
The new partner Coinme has introduced service in Safeway and Albertsons supermarkets in California, Washington and Texas. Kiosks will allow customers to purchase bitcoins for cash of up to $ 2,500. Upon completion of the transaction, the system provides a code that can be used on the Coinme website to get acquired bitcoins.

Despite the fact that many people call the current period "crypto-winter", Coinme CEO and co-founder Neil Bergquist believes that a startup with ATMs is flourishing: "Our customers use Bitcoin for remittances, diversifying their savings or simply as a gift for family members interested in Bitcoin."
Coinme's CEO and Co-Founder Neil Bergquist is convinced that cryptocurrency is now more useful than ever: "People stop gambling with the price of cryptocurrency and are beginning to use the technological advantages of the blockchain."

Yes today we look at 10000 BTC is a very big figure for us. But I'm sure you would have waited until the bitcoin was $ 1 if you were the person who bought the pizza that day.

And this news is great for market. I hope it will spread all corner of the world.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 18, 2019, 06:35:07 AM
If I ever spend my Bitcoin, it is troublesome for me to purchase Bitcoin again. 

Interestingly, I find buying Bitcoin easier (not cheaper though) than selling Bitcoin for fiat.
So the idea to buy goods directly with Bitcoin is very interesting. I am just curious how will they handle the waiting time until the first confirmation (or will they use LN?).
Of course, since the only way I've bought directly with Bitcoin was online, I may be missing something obvious...
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
January 18, 2019, 06:23:48 AM
Do you think people who own Bitcoin will pay for their daily purchases?
Why not? as long as there's a store that's willing to accept payment in bitcoin. What Neil Bergquist has said was accurate and true, people now are just looking at the prices of crypto especially to bitcoin and decides through it if its still worth it on their opinion.

But they never see the technological aspect that adoption is just getting started. Just look on what their company is trying to do. Though bitcoin mostly is being used as an investment, I'm sure that as long as there's a store nearby to us that accepts bitcoin we're glad to use it for those goods and stuffs that we need.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
January 18, 2019, 06:01:38 AM
An interesting take on it, "crypto winter" but what's actually happening is the like "quiet adoption", one day it'll be everywhere  Grin
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
January 18, 2019, 05:43:43 AM
I think in a few years all people will start using Bitcoin to buy products and so on. Because the blockchain and crypto will greatly change our world for the better.
I think a few years will be very small in order that the cryptocurrency began to use the whole world, a very large volatilnosti, many banks and companies this is exactly why to be wary of him, and the idea of the decentralization of large corporations is quite uninteresting, on the contrary, the centralization of for them the best form of control. Blockchain is cool, of course, but where the benefits and corruption rule, no one needs it.
Pages:
Jump to: