Author

Topic: [Minera v0.9.0] Your next mining dashboard - S9/L3+/D3/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer - page 116. (Read 850409 times)

legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
The Wallet and Proxy can be the same machine, so:

Minera (BFGminer) > Server (BFGMiner + Wallet)

NOTE: do not put the wallet on the Minera/RPI controller because the data files for the wallet could get more than 10GB of space.

So as Axiste said, Minera is the controller and another machine must be the wallet/proxy
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
The Wallet and Proxy can be the same machine, so:

Minera (BFGminer) > Server (BFGMiner + Wallet)
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
beast at work
ok...

so i`ll have to try something like rPi(BFGMiner) > server (BFGMiner proxy) > server(wallet) ?
up until about 30 seconds ago I was mining on my own stratum proxy on my network, only changed as Im no longer Dual Mining with my Gridseed Minis.

So it sounds like an issue with the wallet you are solo mining to.

I had a BFGminer instance running a stratum proxy for BTC (still do, just my minera box isnt using it anymore) which i put stratum+tcp://192.168.0.254:8030 as my pool in Minera. Worked flawless (was actually better than mining direct to the pool I use)

If you are solo mining to a wallet, run a BFGMiner instance on the same computer as the wallet, set it up to solo mine and as a stratum proxy ( --stratum-port ) and them point minera to that.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
beast at work
so did anybody managed to make minera solo mine  ?

this is what i get when i try to mine doge  (1.8 client) or litecoin
Code:
[2014-08-26 14:25:24] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://192.168.10.201:1111
[2014-08-26 14:25:24] JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near 'HTTP'
legendary
I believe the field that causes them the issue is the api for mobile miner.
When I first setup minera i went to save settings and it auto scrolls to that section, where I then input my details and hit save again and its all good. If you leave it on the default and try to make settings save it fails.

Oh well, just checked, it's a small bug. I will fix it in the next release. Thanks.
I believe the field that causes them the issue is the api for mobile miner.
When I first setup minera i went to save settings and it auto scrolls to that section, where I then input my details and hit save again and its all good. If you leave it on the default and try to make settings save it fails.
legendary
anyone else having issues with "saving" after changing settings? Mine won't save. When I press the save button it just jumps to the bottom of the page. I've tried on 2 different browsers now.

Erase the name in the box it brings you to, then it will save.
Thank you, that resolved the issue.

Yep, drives me nuts, one unit has it and one doesn't!!

Please can you explain me the problem? What field do you need to erase to save?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
anyone else having issues with "saving" after changing settings? Mine won't save. When I press the save button it just jumps to the bottom of the page. I've tried on 2 different browsers now.

Yep, drives me nuts, one unit has it and one doesn't!!
Activity: 752
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

Activity: 752
Merit: 500
legendary
i have 2 pools as failovers, yet minera (or cpuminer) keeps changing pools automatically. i just checked the JSON and it shows extra command=false. im not sure why it keeps changing pools.
still happening.

Can you explain the problem? What is your miner config? What does it mean "keeps changing pools automatically". Can you see the cpuminer log when this happens to see what it says?
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
i have 2 pools as failovers, yet minera (or cpuminer) keeps changing pools automatically. i just checked the JSON and it shows extra command=false. im not sure why it keeps changing pools.
still happening.
legendary
so ive swapped over, minera starts the sha256 miner, and then in the rc.local box i have sleep 60 then my scrypt miner. works perfect.

only thing now is the dashboard doesnt seem to show the hashrate correctly, the pie charts say 60Gh, but the big red box and the title say 1.3Mh (60Gh is correct) also shows 1.3Mh next to my pool (a stratum proxy on my own lan) but it shows the correct 60Gh on its terminal

mmm 1.3MH/s it's the pool hashrate that's calculated real-time while the correct one it's the miner hashrate got directly from the RPC API.

Can you send me a PM with:

* miner used
* config used (don't need the pools)
* a copy/paste of http:///minera/index.php/app/api?command=miner_stats

Thanks!
so ive swapped over, minera starts the sha256 miner, and then in the rc.local box i have sleep 60 then my scrypt miner. works perfect.

only thing now is the dashboard doesnt seem to show the hashrate correctly, the pie charts say 60Gh, but the big red box and the title say 1.3Mh (60Gh is correct) also shows 1.3Mh next to my pool (a stratum proxy on my own lan) but it shows the correct 60Gh on its terminal
legendary
hmm.. sounds like my only workaround would be to make minera run my sha instance.. then set the rc.local instance to scrypt, and put a sleep on it in the rc.local text entry

oh well yes, I only said that you can't put lines before the Minera one but only after it.
hmm.. sounds like my only workaround would be to make minera run my sha instance.. then set the rc.local instance to scrypt, and put a sleep on it in the rc.local text entry
legendary
I only have 1 miner starting in the rc.local in settings area, but I need it to start before the miner that minera starts..

Not possible, because Minera places your textarea code after its original one. You should hack the PHP code, file application/models/util_model.php look at saveStartupScript() function.

I only have 1 miner starting in the rc.local in settings area, but I need it to start before the miner that minera starts..
Jump to: