Author

Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) -- - page 103. (Read 121523 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
I have been away from the academy for a while, but it is my sincere hope that all self-respecting economics departments have by now incorporated some basic computer science instruction into the curriculum, particular when delving into econometrics and other quantitative topics.

The was intro to computers where they teach you this is a keyboard and this is a mouse.  What a waste of menu so I skipped that even though it was an easy A.

I said eff this and jumped way ahead and took a computer science programming class level 160 I believe but it was for computer science majors. It was a C++ class but what do you recall many years later.  And I got a B+ which is ok, aced all the tests but lost 10 points in every assignment cause they were always late cause I didn't buy any of the 3 required books.  I didn't buy textbooks since my freshman year so sometimes that caused problems.  These 10 lost points on some 5 major assignments dropped me to a B+.
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
I have been away from the academy for a while, but it is my sincere hope that all self-respecting economics departments have by now incorporated some basic computer science instruction into the curriculum, particular when delving into econometrics and other quantitative topics.

Zas
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
I wouldn't say lazy devs.  I can't fault the programmer at all.  He was paid about $20 to throw something together in about an hour or so.  Then when it was supposed to be read over, Vlad got antsy, because he wanted his coin now, and he launched it.  Even with a team of programming devs, you can't reasonably create a coin with any innovation in a few hours.  The entire thing went from concept to launch in around 48 hours.  And 40 hours of that were due to him having a hard time contacting a programmer to make it for him.

If Vlad would have given the project even a month, possibly some innovation might have come out, at the very least the code would have been proofread.  But then again, his ideas are based on what he semi knows about 2 coins.  So I have a feeling any of his other ground breaking ideas have probably already been implemented as well.  The funniest thing is he wanted to do this without a programmer.  Now he wants to pay someone another $20 to create a pool for his coin, with the statement he gets 50% of all the pool funds.  LOL.  He thinks we are against him wanting to become rich, but it's funny how he steps all over those that help him, in order to make sure the money is flowing in only his direction.

I completely agree with this. Although it's kind of sad that developers need to be 'paid'...anyone launched a not-for-profit coin yet?

If you have a talent or skill you should be paid for it and if tis a really good talent you hold be paid well.  I would have paid more if the coin would have included all my "too ambitious" features.  And i would have gladly done it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

You really need to just make a new account and start over here, dude. You're like a...I don't know, actually.  I don't even have anything to compare you to at this point...

That's your advice?  Very cowardly, senseless advice.  A lot of newer guys looking to make a coin and maybe have some great features can have the same thing happen - this is a learning experience and its on my skin so I don't mind.  I'm not you. I don't run and cower away when I screw up.  I do what I can to fix it and if it can't be fixed then I start over but to start over I need to know who's who Cause I was obviously naivé to think everyone was a real programmer.

When I heard "your coin is too ambitious" I shouldn't have gone any further but when asking around that was the best I could find.  Maybe there are no real programmers here just self learned guys who can change a few lines of code.  That's not possible in my mind but then again I'm pretty gullible.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Alright, get this:  I followed the protocol that you "pros" created.  Pay a dev and launch it.  Nobody ever said proof read it and I actually tried but couldn't find anyone and when a dev said, I'm running it and it looks good, that's a test run so why would I doubt him?

For crying outloud, its 98% copy and paste, I wanted a few few features but it was "too ambitious, so I settled for the golden blocks. I thought in was dealing with a pro, why would I proof read it?

So here's my question, who here is a rea full blown programmer?  All jokes aside, I've rather enjoyed, in a weird self punishing fashion all the laughs at my expense, but i thought you were all programmers, call me naivé or stupidé.

So can I have a few honest guys please stand up and say, ok, I can program anything and this is my fee? I don't mind paying more if what I get is real programming and not a hack job that is then my fault cause the programmer tested it and stupid me, an economist that can't code 2 lines didn't proof read it.

I wanna see how many can seriously program.  I think MarKM is a real deal, I think maybe twoBits is the real deal but I'm not sure and there's gonna be a few more.  If I get a set of real features together and they're new, then you guys make anything happen?  Can this coin be salvaged if I add a few features to it that originally were "too ambitious"?  

I'm asking a serious question - this is part what thisnforumnis about so let's get some honest answers.  I got fooled once I don't want to make the same mistake again.    If none exist then my only option is to go to the student lab where I went to school and talk to some grad students but who knows if they'll just steal my ideas.  Hard to say.

Let's stop the laughter for 5 minutes and get an honest head count please of the real, the very real deals.  Doesn't anyone have a bachelor's of science in programming here?  Not that it's necessary but it would mean you can program just about anything.   Thanks in advance.

And maybe real proven programmers can have a special star put next to their names so newbies know who's who when looking for a proven programmer, it would save people and the community a lot of trouble and in necessary laughter.

Well, let's have it, all real REAL PROGRAMMERS OUT OF THE CLOSET PLEASE!  TIA
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
What I can't figure out.  Is how he managed to spend $1400 on buying a bunch of domain names, every time a name came up in his "give my coin a catchy name" thread.  Did he figure everyone was going to rush out and steal his names??
Zas
I wouldn't say lazy devs.  I can't fault the programmer at all.  He was paid about $20 to throw something together in about an hour or so.  Then when it was supposed to be read over, Vlad got antsy, because he wanted his coin now, and he launched it.  Even with a team of programming devs, you can't reasonably create a coin with any innovation in a few hours.  The entire thing went from concept to launch in around 48 hours.  And 40 hours of that were due to him having a hard time contacting a programmer to make it for him.

If Vlad would have given the project even a month, possibly some innovation might have come out, at the very least the code would have been proofread.  But then again, his ideas are based on what he semi knows about 2 coins.  So I have a feeling any of his other ground breaking ideas have probably already been implemented as well.  The funniest thing is he wanted to do this without a programmer.  Now he wants to pay someone another $20 to create a pool for his coin, with the statement he gets 50% of all the pool funds.  LOL.  He thinks we are against him wanting to become rich, but it's funny how he steps all over those that help him, in order to make sure the money is flowing in only his direction.

I completely agree with this. Although it's kind of sad that developers need to be 'paid'...anyone launched a not-for-profit coin yet?
legendary

This.  to Vlad $20 and a rushed couple hour long cloneCoin development with no testing is a long term investment.  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.

I'm starting to worry a bit about the guy. He is in his 40s, jobless, he has kids and a wife, they are having a tough t¡me, and if you have read his kilometric posts he has thrown away thousands of k's he couldn't afford to lose in BFL miners (among other things) he will probably never receive, or that will generate nothing when they arrive... And he is thinking about selling his truck to gamble his last $5k in something that he hopes will make him rich quick (sorry, not quick, "long term", meaning 2-3 years).

Seriously Vlad, you are not missing any train, you do not need to rush to do anything (just to go and look for a JOB and stop gambling with crypto), if you weren't so antsy you would have made some due dilingence on BFL and you would have known that you were throwing money to the trashbin... And this is just an example, the laughable failure of "Nuggets" is another example...

Yes, this is "comedy gold", but some kind of "dark comedy" with very black humor...

Don't feel sorry for someone who made bad choices. We all have choices to make. He's praying and a huge bible thumper, god will take care of him, we don't need to
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

This.  to Vlad $20 and a rushed couple hour long cloneCoin development with no testing is a long term investment.  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.

I'm starting to worry a bit about the guy. He is in his 40s, jobless, he has kids and a wife, they are having a tough t¡me, and if you have read his kilometric posts he has thrown away thousands of k's he couldn't afford to lose in BFL miners (among other things) he will probably never receive, or that will generate nothing when they arrive... And he is thinking about selling his truck to gamble his last $5k in something that he hopes will make him rich quick (sorry, not quick, "long term", meaning 2-3 years).

Seriously Vlad, you are not missing any train, you do not need to rush to do anything (just to go and look for a JOB and stop gambling with crypto), if you weren't so antsy you would have made some due dilingence on BFL and you would have known that you were throwing money to the trashbin... And this is just an example, the laughable failure of "Nuggets" is another example...

Yes, this is "comedy gold", but some kind of "dark comedy" with very black humor...
legendary
I wouldn't say lazy devs.  I can't fault the programmer at all.  He was paid about $20 to throw something together in about an hour or so.  Then when it was supposed to be read over, Vlad got antsy, because he wanted his coin now, and he launched it.  Even with a team of programming devs, you can't reasonably create a coin with any innovation in a few hours.  The entire thing went from concept to launch in around 48 hours.  And 40 hours of that were due to him having a hard time contacting a programmer to make it for him.

This.  to Vlad $20 and a rushed couple hour long cloneCoin development with no testing is a long term investment.  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.

We need a new word to describe Vlad. I would keep calling him stupid, but that's an insult to all the stupid people of the world
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

This.  To Vlad, $20 and a rushed couple of hours developing a cloneCoin with no testing is a "long term investment".  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.
Activity: 541
Merit: 500

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Again, wrong. Any attacker who controls the majority of the network hashrate can dictate their protocol changes, effectively causing a hard fork. Without touching any existing programs at all. Please everybody at least get a basic understanding of the system before you engange in conspiracy theories from either stand Grin

False.  100% false.  Say today 51% of miners decided they wanted to have 10,000 BTC block reward.  That would produce a hard fork there would in fact be two "Bitcoins".  Miners can fork the network HOWEVER the existing fork will still exist.

So given a choice between
a) a new imcompatible fork where miners get 10,000 new BTC per block
and
b) the current Bitcoin protocol

which would you choose.  Note that choosing a would require you to download a new incompatible client.  The default choice would be "b".  Users that did nothing would simply see these new blocks as invalid and reject them.

Please understand the protocol before "correcting" others.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
I like how he gave 500,000 of the Miner's Coins away to random people... not the miners who he supposedly made paid someone $20 to make the coin for...
Interesting fact indeed
Zas
It's actually a given that this coin will fail. Having looked it over again, it now has nothing new to offer except the name. Lazy devs to be perfectly honest have caused the downfall, but nothing we can do about that now.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
wowzah

I like how he gave 500,000 of the Miner's Coins away to random people... not the miners who he supposedly made paid someone $20 to make the coin for...

legendary
Activity: 1694
Point. Click. Blockchain
What happened here?

Browsed through the last two pages and there are no posts related to mining, giveaways or trades. Just someone unhappy about losing his car or something.

That's because it's not about the "miner's coin" anymore but all about vlad, a man who had a dream about getting rich with altcoins and trying to live that dream...

If NUG fail so goes all his mass market appeal coins and his dream...

-tb-
Jump to: