Author

Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) -- - page 102. (Read 121523 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I going to launch a new crypto-coin...

It's going to be called Hubcaps.  The logo will be a 17" diamond encrusted, gold-alloy wheel.

Instead of setting up your rig to mine them, you will set up your thugs to steal them.  The more hubcaps you steal the more proficient your theiving skills and your luck will go up on finding the golden Hubcaps (super-blocks).  You can use your freshly harvested Hubcaps in the official game that is sponsored by the currency itself.  Trade your Hubcaps with other people, or use them to buy new stupid shit for your avatar, like a blinged out chain or a used Chevy Caprice.  Throw up a "help wanted" sign on the virtual world to sell yourself for some spinners.  In the world of Hubcaps prostitution is legal.

Tag-line:

Hubcaps:  The Most Ghetto Coin in the World!

Watch out.  It's gonna be the next big thing!

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

No that only adds another layer of complexity and nonsense.  What wrong with programmers putting a star or rating next to their name.  Is that complicated?  Yeah, that's way too easy for anyone coming in here to figure out - let's send everyone to GitHub and maybe in a few months they'll figure it out.  

You know, cause a ranking system, like this useless I got 5 coins under my name serves no purpose but its there but to have something similar which actually serves a purpose and would pay some people what they deserve while people looking to launch coins would actually find the right talent and maybe not launch more ShitCoins, well, who needs that level of clarity and communication, we're not business majors here, we're fringe hacker wannabes so why mess with common sense.

Yeah, great idea dude, I hope you're full of these, don't be shy, let them all out of your ass ASAP, it must hurt keeping that much shit in there.

And why business angels do not have a pair of wings on their profile, so you could find someone to finance your coins? Why do not economists have a gold bar in their profile?

Sorry man, that's nonsense. Of course we are not "business majors". This is a Bitcoin forum, where you discuss Bitcoin. Then, there's some special olympics shit going on in the "alt currencies" subforums, but thats like the trashbin of this board, where all the scams and mindless pump&dumps happen - if you ask me, these subforums shouldn't even exist.

If you want to look for a programmer, you go look for a programmer to the market, not to some forum. There are plenty of webs where you can outsource jobs to freelances, did you know? Then, if you want to know who are the best programmers in Bitcoin, go check the Bitcoin wiki. Do you want to see who is contributing to your favourite alt-coin? Go to github. Another level of complexity? Man, you need to be mentally challenged to say github is complex. Is the most transparent and easy way to see who is actually contributing to open source projects. If you do not even understand that, then you shouldn't even considering about launching an open source project, because you will fail miserably - you still need to lurk and learn.

If you are not interested in an open source project, but you have this brilliant idea and you want to make your "private project", just go to the market and look for somebody to finance your project so you can hire some devs for months - because you do realize that a project that is not a simple clone will take months of development, do you?
Activity: 287
My wife cut me off now after I spent $1,400 on domain names nobody cares about

BitcoinClown.org

Uh oh...

Activity: 252
Still the Best 1973
Your hindsight vision is impeccable.  Useless, but easily 20/20.  Maybe you isn't catch the part about me wanting to pay more.  Whatever it took.

I never would've embarked on this crazy quest in the first place.

I didn't go cheap.  The problem is that there's a misconception that people here are programmers and they're not and a ranking system can solve that cause I'm sure som here are really programmers button rare hiding nut it would be easy to solve that with a simply ranking system.

There was never a misconception that everyone here are programmers. People here are passionate about cryptocurrencies and want to talk about them, but there are people from all sorts of backgrounds here. This is not a programmers' board.

You people must love being inundated with Crapzcoins otherwise why wouldn't you be all over this idea which adds clarity and gives credit to real programmers?

Please, don't start with that. You're the one who said that there needs to be over 3000 altcoins with only name changes like SantaCoin, CatholicCoin, and who knows what else? NewEnglandPatriotsCoin and CarCoin? You're the one who's said that people only pay attention to the name. You're asking for the Crapcoins.

I just seriously hope, for your sake, that you didn't actually throw your money and possessions out the window for these stillborn crapalts.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
This is pointless.  Utterly pointless. 

BitcoinClown.org
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Mine were set as a lottery.  And I never heard of super locks before so as far as I knew wit was a great idea.

That's how they all work.

And obviously this wasn't a regular super block idea otherwise he wouldn't have had such problems with it.

He didn't have problems implementing an old tired idea because you paid him only 20 bucks.

Mine are Goden Blocks, excuse me, Vlad Golden Blocks and if all my features would have been put to work and done right it would have been a great coin.  Half my fault for not knowing who's who and who can do what.  I thought I found the best programmer here.

Maybe if you called them SantaBlocks, it would have gone over better.

Oh seriously, he screwed up cause I paid him $20?  I paid him more, he was the most expensive and then I offered him nearly double that when I saw it was a touch get job than I first thought but he declined.

So now you're talking out of your ass like you know what I actually paid him.  I paid more than he asked and then offered almost double that on top of that without him asking for it but he declined to take more money.

So now you're just acting like a mindless women who fails to think before speaking.

You get what you pay for. Asking people on forums will only get you something not unlike Hazard's coin creation service and for cheap. Nothing more than a rename and some other minor changes like number of coins, frequency of blocks, and other stuff. For something truly revolutionary, it's going to take much longer than a couple of days on a forum.

Your hindsight vision is impeccable.  Useless, but easily 20/20.  Maybe you isn't catch the part about me wanting to pay more.  Whatever it took.

I didn't go cheap.  The problem is that there's a misconception that people here are programmers and they're not and a ranking system can solve that cause I'm sure som here are really programmers button rare hiding nut it would be easy to solve that with a simply ranking system.

You people must love being inundated with Crapzcoins otherwise why wouldn't you be all over this idea which adds clarity and gives credit to real programmers?
legendary
Vlad, what do you think of this? Can you answer or the "revolutionary and unique features" are a secret?

Vlad: do you realize one of the keys of success of the crypto concept is that its decentralize and open source, right?

Do you realize that Satoshi published his Bitcoin paper before even starting to code it, and that other great devs (from Gavin Andersen to Martti Malmi and Jeff Garzik) contributed for free because they believed the idea was revolutionary and worth their time?

So, if you are so convinced your ideas are unique and brilliant, why don't you share them with the community first, as Satoshi did? If they are so brilliant you will find devs that will work to make those ideas happen. Forget about premining, that just demonstrates that your coin is a get-rich scheme, the whole point is to change the world, isn't it? If you really believe your coin will be revolutionary just mine it from the very first moment - you may think that you are getting too few coins as you had the original idea, but at the end of the day cryptos are in its infancy, there still a minute part of the population interested in them, don't you think that if "your coin" really succeeds and its a game-changer being a mega-early adopter, mining from day 1, will be worth it?

So - what are those ideas that were "too ambitious" for your dev, and that you think will make your coin stand up among the others? What benefits does it have?
Still the Best 1973
Mine were set as a lottery.  And I never heard of super locks before so as far as I knew wit was a great idea.

And obviously this wasn't a regular super block idea otherwise he wouldn't have had such problems with it.

He didn't have problems implementing an old tired idea because you paid him only 20 bucks.

Mine are Goden Blocks, excuse me, Vlad Golden Blocks and if all my features would have been put to work and done right it would have been a great coin.  Half my fault for not knowing who's who and who can do what.  I thought I found the best programmer here.

Oh seriously, he screwed up cause I paid him $20?  I paid him more, he was the most expensive and then I offered him nearly double that when I saw it was a touch get job than I first thought but he declined.

So now you're talking out of your ass like you know what I actually paid him.  I paid more than he asked and then offered almost double that on top of that without him asking for it but he declined to take more money.

So now you're just acting like a mindless women who fails to think before speaking.

You get what you pay for. Asking people on forums will only get you something not unlike Hazard's coin creation service and for cheap. Nothing more than a rename and some other minor changes like number of coins, frequency of blocks, and other stuff. For something truly revolutionary, it's going to take much longer than a couple of days on a forum.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
So can we get a list of programmers going.

Maybe a name and a number, on a scale of 1-10.  A 10 meaning you can program anything - a true hacker.

A 5 meaning you can change code and add a bit of new stuff.

Please, this community shouldn't have to gamble with this and as a result instead of putting out a surest coin it turns out into a debacle and a total shit coin.

My coin could have been a pretty good coin, even the programmer realized it but due to lack of knowledge or experience and unable to find a second programmer I got screwed.  That should have to happen c

We need a protocol in place where the right programmer can be found for the right job.  

And look, if you have 9 stars, it also means you'll get paid more money automatically by anyone wanting to hire you.  It works both ways.

Please, stop with that nonsense - just go to github, that's where programmers do their thing. That's where you need to lurk to see "who is who". Is it clear, bro?

No that only adds another layer of complexity and nonsense.  What wrong with programmers putting a star or rating next to their name.  Is that complicated?  Yeah, that's way too easy for anyone coming in here to figure out - let's send everyone to GitHub and maybe in a few months they'll figure it out.  

You know, cause a ranking system, like this useless I got 5 coins under my name serves no purpose but its there but to have something similar which actually serves a purpose and would pay some people what they deserve while people looking to launch coins would actually find the right talent and maybe not launch more ShitCoins, well, who needs that level of clarity and communication, we're not business majors here, we're fringe hacker wannabes so why mess with common sense.

Yeah, great idea dude, I hope you're full of these, don't be shy, let them all out of your ass ASAP, it must hurt keeping that much shit in there.
legendary

Maybe a name and a number, on a scale of 1-10.  A 10 meaning you can program anything - a true hacker.

Please, this community shouldn't have to gamble with this and as a result instead of putting out a surest coin it turns out into a debacle and a total shit coin.

My coin could have been a pretty good coin, even the programmer realized it but due to lack of knowledge or experience and unable to find a second programmer I got screwed.  That should have to happen c

We need a protocol in place where the right programmer can be found for the right job.  

And look, if you have 9 stars, it also means you'll get paid more money automatically by anyone wanting to hire you.  It works both ways.

Please, stop with that nonsense - just go to github, that's where programmers do their thing. That's where you need to lurk to see "who is who". Is it clear, bro?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

legendary
Vlad: do you realize one of the keys of success of the crypto concept is that its decentralize and open source, right?

Do you realize that Satoshi published his Bitcoin paper before even starting to code it, and that other great devs (from Gavin Andersen to Martti Malmi and Jeff Garzik) contributed for free because they believed the idea was revolutionary and worth their time?

So, if you are so convinced your ideas are unique and brilliant, why don't you share them with the community first, as Satoshi did? If they are so brilliant you will find devs that will work to make those ideas happen. Forget about premining, that just demonstrates that your coin is a get-rich scheme, the whole point is to change the world, isn't it? If you really believe your coin will be revolutionary just mine it from the very first moment - you may think that you are getting too few coins as you had the original idea, but at the end of the day cryptos are in its infancy, there still a minute part of the population interested in them, don't you think that if "your coin" really succeeds and its a game-changer being a mega-early adopter, mining from day 1, will be worth it?

So - what are those ideas that were "too ambitious" for your dev, and that you think will make your coin stand up among the others? What benefits does it have?
Still the Best 1973

Just... Please, stop throwing your money away.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Which brings me back to my point. If you want a decent programmer... you're going to have to go and find a software company and hire one. >.>

Software companies charge $100 per hour.

A grad student can program anything and they'll work for $20 per hour in the student lab cause they actually make less working as student aides.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Umm... Superblock coins are old news...

There needs to be a system in place to let people know the level of programming a person can do.  Like stars next their name.
Zas
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Which brings me back to my point. If you want a decent programmer... you're going to have to go and find a software company and hire one. >.>
Still the Best 1973
Umm... Superblock coins are old news...
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
I'm not outing anyone since this guy did his best and he refused to take more money when i offered cause I felt  it was a more complex coin, so that says a lot about his integrity but to show you that I tried my best to make a better, decent coin and I simply couldn't find anyone.   Here was his response and there was another one where he was testing it for a couple hours and said it was running great so why would I then test it again when I don't know jack about programming and no other programmer was answering my PM's while all of a sudden a bunch of douche copy cats started dumping super block coins on the market after reading my threads for the past week, so I was In an urgent mood.

Also note, I was clear from the beginning I wanted no premine but he wasn't able to do a gradual slow payout which my polls showed people were ok with.
--------------------------------------------------------

Next, I haven't even ever considered how to make a coin (ala DVC) that keeps back a bit for a single (or public) wallet. I believe there was a scrypt coin that was going to do exactly this, but I don't recall if it ever worked or got off the ground. Using the PoW coins Its MUCH easier to do this via premine or set blocks worth xx% of coins right up front, but I hear you with the whole "no premining" thing.

Last, I don't want any rewards, as I've already done the rounds on multiple coin releases and I am not interested in being a part of another one (no offense to you or your coin at all, its just not my thing, I'm somewhat anti-social like that) Also, I don't want to promise anything more than I can deliver. I'm sure you understand, this is a hobby for me and while I am certainly not a novice, I don't profess to be a c++ master.

Your ideas are very ambitious and will certainly make for a great coin should they come to fruition. Alas, they are out of the scope of my creation services and price point for the time being as you've specified. I'm certain someone out there can get what you want done, but note that *most of the other "devs" are simply readers of my alt-coin guide who can compile and google. Be careful sending any $ to them unless they can deliver some kind of reassurance that your NEW ideas can be done.

REALLY FINALLY: The specs you sent me in your first message are fully do-able. The superblock idea and holdback ideas are also do-able if you use a premine strategy. The whole thing together however is out of the scope/price range of my ability. If you want to do something like I've mentioned, let me know, otherwise I wish you the best finding another developer!!

--------------------------------------------

Again, no names there, i don't want to embarrass anyone, I never once mentioned this programmers name and you'll never guess it cause i bounced Around to a number of guys before i finally chose one.  just to show you how hard it was to find a programmer to do the features I wanted.  I tried my best.  It was just IMPOSSIBLE.  Real programmers should have a programmer STAR by their names so guys in the future who may have a great coin in mind can easily find qualified programmers.

Remember this is one of the best guys on here.  Everyone I talked to said basically:  he can do things I can't do, he's your guy, if anyone can do it he can so that's why I went with him.  I take half the blame but you people need a system on place to show the level of ability reach programmer has.    This guy is good but what I needed for my features was a real full blown programmer.0, and frankly I have no idea where to find such a man.  
Jump to: