Pages:
Author

Topic: Minimum to start on trading - page 8. (Read 17663 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
November 23, 2015, 08:25:29 PM
For more experienced traders (or at least some experience) there. Which would be the minimum to invest in order to have a chance to profit from trading? I would like to start as low has 10k satoshis, but as I have seen, many exchanges have minimums and minimums fees and that does not feel reasonable.

Let's say that we put a goal to earn 20k satoshis a day (on average) from trading... How much would you see you have to employ to achieve that?

I'm new in trading, but in last week i earned about 0.01 BTC on trading. Well it was more following some news and people's talking. On ACP i earned mostly of that, something on XYS and something little from few others. I was buying with all money I had and I sell on first big rise. I didn't have patience to wait cause of that I didn't earn more but for first times I think its enough. And 10k satoshis is maybe good for some new coins,but for some better ones u need much more. Anyway try something, wait for new coins and try to predict price. Also find some good traders and folow their posts or tweets. Good luck man!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
November 23, 2015, 07:25:10 PM
Is there a kind of stop-loss thing in BTC trading that you have in forex? Just to be on the safe side if market goes opposite your prediction in the end and you don't want to lose all your bankroll in the very first trade... I'm just asking because I don't want to do day trade because I can't check the price during the working hours so I need something to close my position if price starts to move agains me.

Yes most exchanges have ways to put in a stop loss and/or triggers to execute trades if the price reaches your target. Triggers and stop losses are a very good idea..

It is all about risk management and stopping loss is a huge part of being successful.. If you make 5 trades, loose 1% each on 4 of them but make 12% on one good trade you are up 8%.

You cannot make a good trade every time IMO, you only have to make a few good trades of many as long as your gains in the good trades outweigh your losses in not so good trades.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
November 23, 2015, 07:07:15 PM
Start with 10-50 dollars and work your way up. During the training you will learn a lot of things and with time you will be able to read the market better and better.

From there you have made (hopefully Wink some more money, and thus you can start some serious trading.

Exactly start with less money, so there is less risk involved. Eventually you get the hang of it and you can earn more easy a quick buck while reading the market.
Is there a kind of stop-loss thing in BTC trading that you have in forex? Just to be on the safe side if market goes opposite your prediction in the end and you don't want to lose all your bankroll in the very first trade... I'm just asking because I don't want to do day trade because I can't check the price during the working hours so I need something to close my position if price starts to move agains me.
Activity: 896
Merit: 502
November 21, 2015, 01:03:01 PM
You can try to start with any amount you want.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 21, 2015, 12:49:24 PM
It is better not to be a day trader. 90% of day trader will lose money. One reason is that the trading cost fees. The second reason you cannot sell at the top and buy at the bottom most of the time.

but but what if i told you i have a magic crystal ball from the oracle of omaha
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
November 21, 2015, 11:42:07 AM
It is better not to be a day trader. 90% of day trader will lose money. One reason is that the trading cost fees. The second reason you cannot sell at the top and buy at the bottom most of the time.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 20, 2015, 03:30:22 AM
Probably you will not believe me, but I started with 20,000 Satoshi earned from faucets (it was 30000 - 10000 fee) I start trading altcoins on poloniex. In first two weeks almost every day I was doubling or tripling my coins. After around 3 weeks I have 0.10 but then i buy one scam coin and i lost a lot .. later I deposit money and everything change;)

nice history trade
you can get double triple in someday but you can lose at 1 day maybe 1hours

me too i can get 0.05/day at huobi (some month ago, when i active at litecoin trade) but i lose all of my money ~1.6btc
i buy litecoin at price 45cny then after 1 hours down to 19CNY  Sad
Activity: 493
Live by your own rules
November 20, 2015, 03:21:40 AM
Start with 10-50 dollars and work your way up. During the training you will learn a lot of things and with time you will be able to read the market better and better.

From there you have made (hopefully Wink some more money, and thus you can start some serious trading.

Agree with this guy. I use 50 USD to start my trading capital. And that amount perfect to start for me. Goodluck
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
November 19, 2015, 07:21:00 PM
Probably you will not believe me, but I started with 20,000 Satoshi earned from faucets (it was 30000 - 10000 fee) I start trading altcoins on poloniex. In first two weeks almost every day I was doubling or tripling my coins. After around 3 weeks I have 0.10 but then i buy one scam coin and i lost a lot .. later I deposit money and everything change;)
Activity: 280
November 19, 2015, 06:56:07 PM

Exactly start with less money, so there is less risk involved. Eventually you get the hang of it and you can earn more easy a quick buck while reading the market.

Yes, the more you try and learn the better you develop skills needed for a day trader.

Remember it goes with ups and downs.
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
November 18, 2015, 05:41:06 PM

Activity: 364
November 18, 2015, 02:40:33 AM
For more experienced traders (or at least some experience) there. Which would be the minimum to invest in order to have a chance to profit from trading? I would like to start as low has 10k satoshis, but as I have seen, many exchanges have minimums and minimums fees and that does not feel reasonable.

Let's say that we put a goal to earn 20k satoshis a day (on average) from trading... How much would you see you have to employ to achieve that?

i think you can start with 2.000.000satosi
you can earn 20.000/day it's very small only 1%/day and 30%/month
but be carefull, because you will get lose if you buy and sell at wrong time
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
November 17, 2015, 08:06:39 PM
its depending you trading skill..if you have learn a good trading,minimum amount is not matter Grin
Activity: 280
November 17, 2015, 04:24:53 PM

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
November 16, 2015, 09:15:28 PM
I started with .01 BTC and made over 14,000% profit my first season (winter) trading.. Thousands of trades..
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
November 16, 2015, 09:08:41 PM
0.00000001 LTC or FTC etc.

That is what i did.

Can't turn that into large money ?
Then you suck and shouldn't be doing this trading stuff.
legendary
November 16, 2015, 07:56:29 AM
i've learned that the best strategy is to try to earn big by starting with a very small amount, if you can't succeed in this then you known that you were going to lose money if you were going big

if you can turn 0.01 in 0.02, you can do the same with 1 or 10, but you need to do it first with the small amount, where there are no risk

The difference between trading amounts like 0.01 and 1 - 10 Bitcoins is huge. People are more likely to take more risks with very low amounts. They won't dare to do the same with for example 1 Bitcoin.

yeah i know, but you need to practice a lot first with the small amount to increase your confidence and reduce emotions as low as possible

if you're able to systematically turn 0.01 into 0.02 at least, let's say 6-7-8 times out of 10, i'm sure you can do then the same with a bigger amount

it's about practice really, the big problem is emotions in trading, because you're not accustomed to it, you don't do it daily, it's a bit like laddering in starcraft 2 Cheesy

Yes, emotions are the b***h! But these emotions tend to get out of hand when you start risking more and more of your money! Trust me, I've been there and I've done it. Even if you are successful 9 out of 10 times with 0.1 BTCs, when you decide to risk 1 or 2 BTCs your brain just starts freaking out! Smiley

people who trade with emotions and without thinking are most likely ending up with losses. then they blame bitcoin for their own mistakes.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
November 16, 2015, 06:33:09 AM
i've learned that the best strategy is to try to earn big by starting with a very small amount, if you can't succeed in this then you known that you were going to lose money if you were going big

if you can turn 0.01 in 0.02, you can do the same with 1 or 10, but you need to do it first with the small amount, where there are no risk

The difference between trading amounts like 0.01 and 1 - 10 Bitcoins is huge. People are more likely to take more risks with very low amounts. They won't dare to do the same with for example 1 Bitcoin.

yeah i know, but you need to practice a lot first with the small amount to increase your confidence and reduce emotions as low as possible

if you're able to systematically turn 0.01 into 0.02 at least, let's say 6-7-8 times out of 10, i'm sure you can do then the same with a bigger amount

it's about practice really, the big problem is emotions in trading, because you're not accustomed to it, you don't do it daily, it's a bit like laddering in starcraft 2 Cheesy

Yes, emotions are the b***h! But these emotions tend to get out of hand when you start risking more and more of your money! Trust me, I've been there and I've done it. Even if you are successful 9 out of 10 times with 0.1 BTCs, when you decide to risk 1 or 2 BTCs your brain just starts freaking out! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 16, 2015, 03:13:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 15, 2015, 05:32:16 PM

Pages:
Jump to: