Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 437. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Whats the easiest way to flash bios for SMOS?  Is there a USB bootable bios editor for 570 series?

thanks
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Guys can anyone give an example of an ethereum & sia  combined mining config?

I am really at a loss ...

thats what i do with EXP+DCR...

Code:
-wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://exp-eu.dwarfpool.com:8018 -ewal 0x8cc1b286b0da5187d59c2f648b5d30a111ee54da/$rigName  -allpools 1 -mport -3333  -allcoins exp  -esm 3 -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal eWMzpG4MAYSCnxcBYQEi.rig1 -dpsw x
ETH+SIA is pretty much the same i would say.

so I have to add:  -allcoins exp  -esm 3 -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal eWMzpG4MAYSCnxcBYQEi.rig1 -dpsw x in the end of my config line?

Where I replace exp for eth and dcr.suprnova.cc with my sia pool and wallet?

Should I use 8.1 or 9.4?

Also can anyone suggest any tricks to reduce power usage?
What if I decrease power state to 5?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
It sounds like there is no need to modify the straps in SMOS. That is really cool if that is the case.
That is not the case.
Activity: 39
I still think you have to flash your bios before using SMOS.  I've tried almost everything to get my 570s to hash more than 23/mh.  still no luck.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I'm about to test out SMOS.

At the moment I have a rig with a mix of Nitro+ RX570, RX580, 4GB and 8GB cards. Currently running at stock settings on EthOS.

I'd like to get the hash rates up a bit and power consumption down a bit. Do I need to mod the BIOS on the cards or can all the adjustments be made in SMOS?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Maybe my question about optimizing cards for lower power and higher hash on Simple Mining is too simple or obvious for experienced users?

I've watched many videos of people swapping timing straps that appear to not really know what they are doing. Then there are the long lengthy forum threads from true GPU mining geeks who clearly know what they're doing and have a high level of knowledge on the subject but these are very difficult to follow as a nube.

So just to get my rigs up and running quickly I'm using stock settings with ethOS which has many options that can be tweaked in the config file. I also see SimpleMiningOS has a nice control panel which seems to have all the same options if not more.

So my question is: To get optimal hash/electricity ratios can I simply tweak the settings in SimpleMiningOS alone or do I need to flash optimal mining timings and settings to the BIOS first and then further tweak them in SimpleMiningOS?

mhh ... u can play arround with SMOS and when u found ur preferred settings u can flash them to ur gpus ... or you just set them in SMOS ... it dont forgets those overclocking settings.

Hi,

I will ask my own which is extremely similar to this guys.
I burnt my old desktop motherboard mining so i am completely changing my setup and going with a server case / 7 GPU build. I currently do not have a computer i could use to change the GPU's strap etc so can i install my miner (Simplemining) and in simplemining modify the straps etc of the gpu's individually in the simplemining itself? Or will i need to setup a windows computer and then set the cards Bios setting there manually?

Thanks

It sounds like there is no need to modify the straps in SMOS. That is really cool if that is the case.
Activity: 125
Canadian Miner Passing Through~~

At the moment I have a rig with a mix of Nitro+ RX570, RX580, 4GB and 8GB cards. Currently running at stock settings on EthOS.

I'd like to get the hash rates up a bit and power consumption down a bit. Do I need to mod the BIOS on the cards or can all the adjustments be made in SMOS?

Maybe my question about optimizing cards for lower power and higher hash on Simple Mining is too simple or obvious for experienced users?

I've watched many videos of people swapping timing straps that appear to not really know what they are doing. Then there are the long lengthy forum threads from true GPU mining geeks who clearly know what they're doing and have a high level of knowledge on the subject but these are very difficult to follow as a nube.

So just to get my rigs up and running quickly I'm using stock settings with ethOS which has many options that can be tweaked in the config file. I also see SimpleMiningOS has a nice control panel which seems to have all the same options if not more.

So my question is: To get optimal hash/electricity ratios can I simply tweak the settings in SimpleMiningOS alone or do I need to flash optimal mining timings and settings to the BIOS first and then further tweak them in SimpleMiningOS?

mhh ... u can play arround with SMOS and when u found ur preferred settings u can flash them to ur gpus ... or you just set them in SMOS ... it dont forgets those overclocking settings.

Hi,

I will ask my own which is extremely similar to this guys.
I burnt my old desktop motherboard mining so i am completely changing my setup and going with a server case / 7 GPU build. I currently do not have a computer i could use to change the GPU's strap etc so can i install my miner (Simplemining) and in simplemining modify the straps etc of the gpu's individually in the simplemining itself? Or will i need to setup a windows computer and then set the cards Bios setting there manually?

Thanks
Activity: 98

Activity: 29
Just started mining and it was F-ing hell to setup on windows. I wish i found you guys waaayyy before all of this madness would of saved 7 days of frustration. Well saying that. I just encountered my first delema. I have 4 gpus running great on simplemining its when i add my 5th and then 6th but the 5th gpu is giving me an issue starting the software. When i have the 4 gpus they run beautiful. When i add the 5th the program continues then stops and i get red ******* and it restarts and does it again. What would i need to do?

BTW i have 4 rx msi 480's and 2 ausus STRIX 480's on a btc 250 biostar motherboard and a EVGA 1k platnuim powersupply. Thanks for your time guys.
Activity: 125
Canadian Miner Passing Through~~
Tested both RX an R version, RX its fine, but R shows only the simpleminer login screen and miner dont appear in dashboard, any idea?
Tested R version with HD7950 card.

Logged in, ran the command /root/utils/atiflash -i and it says no card found.

Thanks.

Hey man, what user and pass used to login on console?
miner/miner
root/miner1324

Anyway i think you should reflash pendrive..

UPDATE
Good news everyone !
Simplemining WILL support NVIDIA very soon.
It is my priority now over anything else.

You sir, are awesome.
Activity: 14

UPDATE
Good news everyone !

That's awesome. I have some rigs with NVIDIA getting build, it would be great to see support for it!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
So it did not work ..  how do I reformat the SSD to make it usable again?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Tested both RX an R version, RX its fine, but R shows only the simpleminer login screen and miner dont appear in dashboard, any idea?

Thanks.

miner/miner
root/miner1324

Anyway i think you should reflash pendrive..

UPDATE
Good news everyone !

Thanks.

user name: miner
password: miner

go on the rig and set a ssh public key Tongue
Activity: 111

Thanks.

user name: miner
password: miner

Activity: 2

Thanks.

Activity: 111
Tested R version with HD795 and HD7970 cards.

Logged in, ran the command /root/utils/atiflash -i and it says "Adapter not found".

Thanks.
Activity: 51
Fuck, why does humans need to sleep. I am loosing 8 hours every day Cheesy
I am guys stuck with number of emails in my inbox Tongue
Also i will start working on nvidia support becasue i just bought 3 of those for testing and becasue AMD are not available.
Lets see how it goes.

If somebody has some problem pelase send me an email at [email protected]
I am just overwhelmed by all of this Cheesy
Most cases is people sending cash from poloniex and poloniex is cutting amount by the fees and the payment isnt confirmed --- it is very anyoying but why people cant just read what i wrote with red words ? Cheesy
Forgive me guys that i am not present here Sad
It just too much for answers.
Also please guys help eachother and if something is unclear just email me.
Right now i need to focus on nvidia, grouping feature and little bugs that are appearing sometimes Smiley

Guys, Can you tell me once again what should we use for better communication ?
I need something like CHAT, SLACK but:
- everybody can view channels without registering
- everybody can register via email and talk with eachother
- there must be moderator feature and banning bad guys/trolls Smiley
- unlimited users ?

I will want to use ready solution becasue i dont have time to implement it on my  website now.
It could be paid like lets say up to 100$ monthly.

Also if someone among active members want to be my helper (not for free ofcourse) - then let me know via email.
We need to sort this communication things.
Is someone want to help answering over and over the same questions let me know Tongue

Right now i am organising some human workers to make this SRRv2 shipping nightmare out of me Tongue
I will be relasing SRRv2 in my shop soon (few days from now) - right now WE ARE restocking all cables and testing all devices.

Does that mean future there is nvidia sMoS going on... i m glad to try now having too much nvidia rig really could use it

yvmen
Can ETH be mined on this image with older 2GB R series cards?

its kinda a problem on my system that it trys to mine on my onboard GPU. But i guess it only works, cause it can allocate 2GB of RAM. At least it mined once with like 0.6MH/s Tongue
so i would say: yes. ... oh wait ... that was on EXP not ETH i would say.

By the way ... is there anything different to the normal claymore-miner? If i boot up in a regular ubuntu with a fresh downloaded claymore-miner it even doesnt see my onboard card or at least it dont recognizes it as a mining gpu. Would it be possible to disable the onboard gpu in SMOS? sure i can do so by disabling it in bios but sometimes i need a screen on the onboard card to test things and then i have to turn off the onboard card in claymore config what is kinda stressfull to change every time Smiley
Jump to: