Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 440. (Read 835481 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 252
YOU MUST FIX SAVING OF STARTUP INFO!

If I switch from ETH and back to Zcash you need to save my damn info!!!!

You're writing info to database already. Why are you overwriting my custom configs?

Your zcash config is set to your PERSONAL info. STOP IT! Your default zcash settings when you overwrite my custom settings don't use a wallet. Instead, they mine to a site with YOUR username/password.

With ETH if it screws up at least my ETH wallet id is saved. You might end up on EU which I don't want... but I can live with that much better than I can live with you stealing my ZCash hash.  When you overwrite my zcash settings you stick in your Tytanick username.  So until I realize it I'm mining for free for you because of a "bug" in your software.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I am having an issue getting smOS up and running and have not been able to get much help. So I am now offering a bounty, please refer to this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bounty-004-btc-help-me-solve-my-smos-problem-1949429
Activity: 63

change the dcri value...the 120 was default...I don't know why you get with that 167+2687 because i get 40+4800, but i set my dcri to 10 and now have 175+1750

i set my target temp to 69 degrees do my fans work from 60 to 80%

your msi is probably the last one that inhales the cold air while the others draw the hot air

these are mine

67 67 67 67 68 60 ℃
65 61 82 67 53 47 %

I really appreciate that you are sharing your valuable experience and you are right . The coolest card is the one that breaths cold air.

my DCRI is 16. I did not experiment another value yet. I set -tt 69 as well and so far:

68 70 78 75 58 52 ℃
60 68 100 100 60 60 %

Asus RX570 Strix OC and one of Giga RX 570 keep %100 fan but still over 69 degress. Maybe because of my bios mods?

Do your fans work 60 to %80 because of some parameter setting or just because how they deal with 69 degrees temp limit?

I didn't set the -tt command in claymore, I set all the values in smOS

http://imgur.com/UPMtJIV

I have 6x sapphire pulse rx570 with elpida, custom 1425 strap on 1750 and 2000

try lowering the power level and core clock
Activity: 382
Merit: 251

change the dcri value...the 120 was default...I don't know why you get with that 167+2687 because i get 40+4800, but i set my dcri to 10 and now have 175+1750

your msi is probably the last one that inhales the cold air while the others draw the hot air

these are mine

67 67 67 67 68 60 ℃
65 61 82 67 53 47 %

I really appreciate that you are sharing your valuable experience and you are right . The coolest card is the one that breaths cold air.

my DCRI is 16. I did not experiment another value yet. I set -tt 69 as well and so far:

68 70 78 75 58 52 ℃
60 68 100 100 60 60 %

Asus RX570 Strix OC and one of Giga RX 570 keep %100 fan but still over 69 degress. Maybe because of my bios mods?

Do your fans work 60 to %80 because of some parameter setting or just because how they deal with 69 degrees temp limit?

I recently started to use SMOS I was planning dual mining ETH and SIA.

In interface there is a Claymore-eth-v9.4 but for dual mining it says claymore eth+sia (not recommended)

How can I dual mine ETH and SIA with SmOS?

that are old version, just use claymore-eth-v9.4   with

-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal address.rig -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal address/rig/email -dcoin sia -dcri 120

Well I started Dual. Here are my results: 167.94 MH/s 2687.03 MH/s

ETH Only was 167.23 top. ETH increased a little with dual mining?
Power consumption increased approx. %22/200W when compared with ETH only.

How good or bad are these values?

Rig is louder and hotter now.
56 60 72 69 53 54 ℃
100 100 100 100 70 27 %

Don't know what is going on with one MSI RX 570 with %27 fans and much lower temp but still hashes good Smiley
Maybe I should enforce -fanmax or -tt to keep fans in lower RPMs.

I checked whattomine  calculator with 2677 Mh/s of SIA with 200W consumption (as SIA added) and power costs 0.13 USD.

Calculator shows approx. 7 USD profit for SIA?  Is this that simple? Does SIA dual mining really bring that much profit?

these are mine

67 67 67 67 68 60 ℃
65 61 82 67 53 47 %
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Is anybody else experience Simplemining being unstable at times? It seems that whenever there is an update or at times when I'm restarting the miner, it runs for a few minutes and then goes offline and keeps doing this. My GPUs also fluctuate in hash rate really bad and sometimes go to 0, but no error. I have to keep restarting it or let it automatically restart and eventually it runs completely fine for days+. Anyone have this problem and know why?

it is not simple mining problem, it is something related of your memory/core gpu clock or also problem with power, try to downclock a little or overvolt a bit if you downvolt
Activity: 7
Is anybody else experience Simplemining being unstable at times? It seems that whenever there is an update or at times when I'm restarting the miner, it runs for a few minutes and then goes offline and keeps doing this. My GPUs also fluctuate in hash rate really bad and sometimes go to 0, but no error. I have to keep restarting it or let it automatically restart and eventually it runs completely fine for days+. Anyone have this problem and know why?

In interface there is a Claymore-eth-v9.4 but for dual mining it says claymore eth+sia (not recommended)

-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal address.rig -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal address/rig/email -dcoin sia -dcri 120

Well I started Dual. Here are my results: 167.94 MH/s 2687.03 MH/s

ETH Only was 167.23 top. ETH increased a little with dual mining?
Power consumption increased approx. %22/200W when compared with ETH only.

How good or bad are these values?

Rig is louder and hotter now.
56 60 72 69 53 54 ℃
100 100 100 100 70 27 %

Don't know what is going on with one MSI RX 570 with %27 fans and much lower temp but still hashes good Smiley
Maybe I should enforce -fanmax or -tt to keep fans in lower RPMs.

I checked whattomine  calculator with 2677 Mh/s of SIA with 200W consumption (as SIA added) and power costs 0.13 USD.

Calculator shows approx. 7 USD profit for SIA?  Is this that simple? Does SIA dual mining really bring that much profit?

Activity: 98
Need help urgently Sad

My Rig stopped mining yesterday in the evening ... we got some thunderstorm and i worry my rig got a lightning

At the moment i have the following behavior:

In worst cases, i cant even access bios.
In normal case the boot takes little longer then before (subjectively).

When rig is bootet and mining process begins the rig hangs up directly after DAG loading. That happens on all GPUs (tried each alone on the mainboard). I even tried a card which was hold back for a replacement if any card dies. Also the same with that "new" card which wasn't in the rig before.

What do u think is the reason?

If risers die, the card shouldnt be recognized anymore by the system i guess. So ... probably CPU/Mainboard?

OMG ... it is simpleminingOS ... not my hardware ... when i boot my old ubuntu and start fresh loaded claymore 9.4 it starts mining without a problem.

Any Idea what is going on here?! ... Back on SMOS trying again to mine i get the same problem ... when it starts mining, it hangs up and reboots. Sad
I didn't changes any on SMOS except of installing some small tools to it.

What happens, if i re-flash my usb-stick  or probably use another one. would it count as a second rig?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
i wanna try sgminer-gm-5.5.5 with eth but not work:
i used this string:
-k ethash -o stratum+tcp://eu2.ethermine.org:14444 -u mywallet -p x -X 1024 -w 192 -g 1

i tried also to remove stratum+tcp:// but not working .. it say wrong user or password or address ...

I too have been trying to get sgminer to work with eth, but without luck... has anyone else been able to get sgminer to work?

with ethminer i need to use eth-proxy compatible instead default official stratum, and this is the reason
Activity: 2
Hello

Could you add total hashrate in rig list bottom?

And sometimes I want to pause rig because of temperature. Could you add pause mining button?

Thanks
Activity: 116
i wanna try sgminer-gm-5.5.5 with eth but not work:
i used this string:
-k ethash -o stratum+tcp://eu2.ethermine.org:14444 -u mywallet -p x -X 1024 -w 192 -g 1

i tried also to remove stratum+tcp:// but not working .. it say wrong user or password or address ...

I too have been trying to get sgminer to work with eth, but without luck... has anyone else been able to get sgminer to work?

Thank you very much. That makes sense Smiley

Another newbie question to all.

So I have 1 RX 470 (MSI) and 5 RX 570 (MSI,Asus, Gigabyte). I modded them under Windows and flashed bios. Mods include strapping, gpu and mem clocks, gpu undervolts and even mem undervolts RX470. Actually I checked guides online and applied as much as I can.

Now my rig is running around 167-168 Mhs and 870-880W on the wall. Not very well maybe but this is what I achieved so far.

The hash values are consistent in SMOS with what I achieved in Windows after mods.

GPU Temp and Fans are currently:

57 57 64 63 51 50 ℃
68 88 100 100 90 27 %

Rig is running for 24 hours. Temps ans fans are/were similar since I started yesterday. This is my first rig.

How can I manage fan values and temperatures under SMOS? Should I hardcode the mod values in BIOSes and flash directly to the card?

If it was under Windows I could create fan profiles in MSI AfterBurner for example?

But confused about heat management in SMOS.

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 98
Need help urgently Sad

My Rig stopped mining yesterday in the evening ... we got some thunderstorm and i worry my rig got a lightning

At the moment i have the following behavior:

In worst cases, i cant even access bios.
In normal case the boot takes little longer then before (subjectively).

When rig is bootet and mining process begins the rig hangs up directly after DAG loading. That happens on all GPUs (tried each alone on the mainboard). I even tried a card which was hold back for a replacement if any card dies. Also the same with that "new" card which wasn't in the rig before.

What do u think is the reason?

If risers die, the card shouldnt be recognized anymore by the system i guess. So ... probably CPU/Mainboard?
Activity: 15
@thefixer

what memory chipset do you have and have you tries to bios mod these cards, what motherboard you runningz170, z260,z77 etc how many cards per board

stock bios, I can't remember the memory brand msi, Z170a Sli and Asus Gamer Extreme (I think)  are the only two I have tried on so far, was thinking about swaping around more to see if problem persists, but dont want to suffer down time from mining with the current boom Smiley   I will post more details, but I have tried a lot of things without success so far.  My problem with windows is that it wont recognize more than 4 cards, or I get an error in device manager saying there aren't enough resources.  With simple miner, which I understand to be unbuntu, it will find the cards as long as above 4g is enabled.  With the 4 cards it would dual mine DCR and ETH at the expected stock hashrate  21-22 eth.   I will update with more specifics as I continue experimenting.  I am trying to learn linux and will be trying to install dual boot systems on my rigs tomorrow. 
Activity: 8
My miner does not start it, stays in OFF (32). Please, help!
Activity: 24
Hey,

will there be any chance to set the mining parameters individually for each rig ?
e.g. if every worker needs a name and a pw seperatly ?

Thanks.
Jump to: