Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 483. (Read 835472 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE v1092
- miner program "claymore-eth v9.0" updated to "claymore-eth v9.2"
(refresh dashboard + reload your rig to start using new version)
changes are here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925

Thx cryptotore - i appreciate this Smiley
More changes coming soon Smiley - including fee system Tongue
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
Aha, thanks for info! Would we need to reinstall the OS or it there an automated update function?
I could probably ssh into the box and make the changes to the script if necessary?
The reason I ask is because the rigs are hosted in a very remote location. Just driving here + ferry is almost the same price as a new GPU Tongue
Good night! Smiley
Ofcourse there is auto update, i will try to do this tomorrow.
Anyway if you want you can use temporary  fix for RX500 rigs:

nano /root/utils/oc_dpm2.sh
#change memoryState value from 1 to 2 to look like this:
memoryState="2"
press ctrl+x and confirm with y

Reload rig.
I will fix this script to set always highest dpm  Smiley
Autoupdate will replace also your changes so dont worry Smiley

Awesome thanks!
I'm now getting decent numbers! https://i.imgur.com/zyYgfHk.png

I'm still having issues with setting core clock tho, but maybe it will get fixed with your patch?
I set core at 1140, but the dash shows 1179 as core clock!
Screen: https://i.imgur.com/00ZMslb.png

Those are RX580 8GB or RX570 4GB ?
You could try PowerStage 4 and see if it will set the right clock ?

Its the RX580 8GB cards. Powerstage change from 5/6 to 4 seems to work!

Thanks again for your support, and for this awesome software! No more unstable windows rigs!
I'm running the RX580's at 30.3-30.5 mh/s at the moment, temps at 48-55C with fans at 40%. Loving it! Cheesy
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Aha, thanks for info! Would we need to reinstall the OS or it there an automated update function?
I could probably ssh into the box and make the changes to the script if necessary?
The reason I ask is because the rigs are hosted in a very remote location. Just driving here + ferry is almost the same price as a new GPU Tongue
Good night! Smiley
Anyway if you want you can use temporary  fix for RX500 rigs:

memoryState="2"

Reload rig.
I will fix this script to set always highest dpm  Smiley

Awesome thanks!

I'm still having issues with setting core clock tho, but maybe it will get fixed with your patch?

Those are RX580 8GB or RX570 4GB ?
You could try PowerStage 4 and see if it will set the right clock ?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I like the Solomining Hashrates ure SMOS gets, unfortunatly the dualmining performance sucks ass. I noticed that on my ubuntu install aswell. Is that comon on linux? If the dualmining were to mathc my speeds on windows I wouldnt be hesitating to switch to smos. Plus u meantion something about biosflashing that is located in a specific directory and that we need to ssh into the machine to acces it. But what are login credentials for that?
Good night! Smiley

memoryState="2"

Reload rig.

Awesome thanks!

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Tytanyk do you think their is a way to install SMOS and Windows on two separate partitions and then set a sequense for boot to SMOS from within windows?
There is but it would take too much time. I cant and wont support any custom modifications.
Anyway best way is just to plugin pendrive nad plugout pendrive Tongue
Also if you have rig for mining then its better to leave it mining all the time.
And if you have one gpu that you are using for gamining and mining over night then its better to install nicehash application and just turn it on whenever you dont play on computer.
This is the right solution i think.

First of all thanks for all your help.

I will build 3 rigs (15 -17 gpus total) that will be lockated in a distant warehouse (cheap electricity there).

I have a setup that will allow me to turn them on and of or reboot them at will.

I really like your SMOS but I want to retain the ability to mine New algos as they come in, this is because their is much profit to be made in few days.

Therefore I thought I could do a do a dual instalation (windows /smos) and when new algos come through set machines to reboot (windows by default) and then making them to boot to your os after the craze has passed.

If new algho came out and someone will tell me about it (becasue i dont have time to check every day this), then i will add it as i added many miners since beginning Smiley

smOS use normal amd driver or gpu-pro driver? Somebody try difference?
amdgpu-pro driver 16.60 (there is no other that will work with mining with RX400/RX500 gpus Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Tytanyk do you think their is a way to install SMOS and Windows on two separate partitions and then set a sequense for boot to SMOS from within windows?
There is but it would take too much time. I cant and wont support any custom modifications.
Also if you have rig for mining then its better to leave it mining all the time.
And if you have one gpu that you are using for gamining and mining over night then its better to install nicehash application and just turn it on whenever you dont play on computer.

First of all thanks for all your help.

I will build 3 rigs (15 -17 gpus total) that will be lockated in a distant warehouse (cheap electricity there).

I have a setup that will allow me to turn them on and of or reboot them at will.

I really like your SMOS but I want to retain the ability to mine New algos as they come in, this is because their is much profit to be made in few days.

Therefore I thought I could do a do a dual instalation (windows /smos) and when new algos come through set machines to reboot (windows by default) and then making them to boot to your os after the craze has passed.

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
smOS use normal amd driver or gpu-pro driver? Somebody try difference?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
legendary
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Good night! Smiley

memoryState="2"

Reload rig.
Hmm, I'm probably having some other issues then, my rigs are still offline in the dashboard! xD
They have been mining non-stop at dwarfpool tho, so no issues in that regard.

It's probably related to high latency/ms, I had 1500-2000ms earlier when the problems started.. I'm currently on a really unstable connection.
Network = The WiFi from the guy downstairs -> Repeater -> WiFi router -> TP-cable to the rigs.. Tongue

I'm going to try to cut the power to the rigs and restart them.

It would be great if you could answer me on the post regarding overclocking the RX 580 further up! <3

I need to implement small fix for overclocking script becasue it sets memory dpm static to 1 while RX570 has 0,1,2 dpm states Smiley
It must select the newest.

Good night! Smiley
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hmm, I'm probably having some other issues then, my rigs are still offline in the dashboard! xD

It's probably related to high latency/ms, I had 1500-2000ms earlier when the problems started.. I'm currently on a really unstable connection.
Network = The WiFi from the guy downstairs -> Repeater -> WiFi router -> TP-cable to the rigs.. Tongue

It would be great if you could answer me on the post regarding overclocking the RX 580 further up! <3

I need to implement small fix for overclocking script becasue it sets memory dpm static to 1 while RX570 has 0,1,2 dpm states Smiley
It must select the newest.

EDIT:

Reboot fixed it, rigs are now online @ simplemining.net Cheesy
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE : MAINTENECE FINISHED
And thats it, done in about 10 minutes Cheesy
Keep mining guys ! Cheesy
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE MAINTENECE 2
I think they finished Tongue and the simplemining is now online.
Let me confirm that. Lets wait few more minutes for email from OVH.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
UPDATE MAINTENECE 1
It just started Tongue
OVH powered my server in a bad way just now Tongue i didnt get chance to shut down it properly Cheesy
Ok, anyway its in progress.
Lets see if the problem you have with internet connection will disappear after service somes back online Smiley
I think 10-20 more minutes Smiley
Watch your rigs on pool side Tongue (to be certain that i am not using your hashpower somewere else Cheesy
IMPORTANT - MAINTENECE PERIOD !!!
There will be maintenece starting in about 2,6hour from this post time.
Maintenece will take about 30-60 minutes.
All your rigs will be still mining. Dashboard will be unavailable so you wont see stats and cant update settings.
We spotted problem with out HW RAID controller and we need to replace it

Is the maintenance done yet? Cheesy

The dash has shown my rigs to be offline for 72 minutes now! (They are mining fine)
Am I having other issues? I do have some latency issues at this location.. but I can submit shares just fine, but seems like dev fee has some issues:
https://i.imgur.com/GSBZDKQ.jpg

Thoughts?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello!
i am building some rigs and I am in doubt of what OS to choose.

Do you intend to update your OS with future GPU algos?

Also what bother's me a bit is that with closed type os like this we lose the ability to mine the first days of a new Algo, is this correct?

Or do you try to update algo's before major coin releases like ZEC

There are ways around this.  It isn't really a closed OS.

You can ssh into your rigs and manually install/update the miner software.
You can also keep a second drive with windows or whatever on it. Just plug that back in if it's really an issue.

I could install both on separate partitions.

However my Miners will be far from my place.

I think it would be better to run it through a VM...

...  is it possible to run it through a VM without losing performance?

EDIT

Tytanick do you think I can run it through a Virtual Machine?

My cpus are g4560 with 4gb ram

Forget it Smiley
It wont work / if it will then you will loose big performance for sure !
legendary
Hello!
i am building some rigs and I am in doubt of what OS to choose.

Do you intend to update your OS with future GPU algos?

Also what bother's me a bit is that with closed type os like this we lose the ability to mine the first days of a new Algo, is this correct?

Or do you try to update algo's before major coin releases like ZEC

There are ways around this.  It isn't really a closed OS.

You can ssh into your rigs and manually install/update the miner software.
You can also keep a second drive with windows or whatever on it. Just plug that back in if it's really an issue.

I could install both on separate partitions.

However my Miners will be far from my place.

I think it would be better to run it through a VM...

...  is it possible to run it through a VM without losing performance?

EDIT

Tytanick do you think I can run it through a Virtual Machine?

My cpus are g4560 with 4gb ram
Jump to: