Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 491. (Read 835472 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 252
You gotta go a better job of saving my custom configs.  BUGGY system which loses my damn custom config. I lose it once or twice a week at least.

Has nothing to do with the radio button. I shouldn't have to click the radio button to change a config and save settings so that when I want to use those settings in the future I have them available. I should be able to save the custom config in advance.

Also I should be able to save a different custom claymore config for version 9 than 8.1. I think it'd be smart if we saved a lot more. I have at least 10 or 12 different claymore configs saved in Windows.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Yesterday I successfully launched 10 GPU on the asus Z270-P on SMOS with 2 1->3 PCIe,
But the power supply was burned - test results will be a little later
Activity: 29
Hello everyone,

Can anyone provide some info about undervolting statistics, sort of table view or example:
Powerstage:
1. -mV ?
2. -mV ?
Thank in advance!

Hello, please reply to that if you made some tests or discoveries for the undervolting.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
my ethereum address had "0x" in front but when i input it in Ethereum address wallet [on Web UI setting] it goes away.

0xD905F5AA0eA0ffed9F9779Ae3ba7455cD2011369

D905F5AA0eA0ffed9F9779Ae3ba7455cD2011369

will that be okay? sorry new to Ethereum.

its normal for this to happen
0x is before everyone's address so its automatically added
Activity: 873
Merit: 268
my ethereum address had "0x" in front but when i input it in Ethereum address wallet [on Web UI setting] it goes away.

0xD905F5AA0eA0ffed9F9779Ae3ba7455cD2011369

D905F5AA0eA0ffed9F9779Ae3ba7455cD2011369

will that be okay? sorry new to Ethereum.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
I'd rather see new features than a pretty dashboard.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
T - Looking good!

When do you plan to launch the new GUI for web?

Anything that we need to update or change at miner end?

Do you plan to beta test this first before launching?

Btw....

1. Need to have some where in the GUI to global update of insert failover pools into the "epools.txt" and "dpools.txt" of Claymore miners. Currently, no failover update option unless to edit the files directly into the Claymore folder.... but need to do for each rig which will take long time to do. Recently, there was a 4 hour downtime at Nicehash and luckily I caught the downtime by chance and had to manually change pools.

2. Is there a way to set current IP address to fixed IP?

Thanks!

Hi Tytanik,

First off, love the unified dashboard that SMOS offers, and the ease of Rig management that it brings to the table.
I have been running SMOS on a USB 3 pendrive, on an Asrock Pro BTC V2 based system with 6 x RX 470 4GB cards.

Here are a few issues that stop me from adopting SMOS on all my machines :

1) SMOS hashes about 3.5% lower than windows for Ethereum Claymores 9.0
2) GPU0 is stuck on ~4mh/s no matter what
3) Rest of the GPU's also periodically drop to 4mh/s but then recover to their usual hash quickly
4) GPU fans spin up and down like crazy in SMOS, while windows had the fans gradually increasing/decreasing in speed

But I have kept a keep eye on your OS, and have a test machine on it always, so I do believe that I will shift all my rigs to it one day.
Thank you for making this wonderful OS and for keeping it free while you can address the issues/work out the bugs.
1. Do you have newest kernel 4.10rc3 + 16.60 AMD driver ? Hover on Rig Version to see that.
2) Try making higher PowerStage in this rig propably to 6 or 7. Try little different clocks also.
3) Do you have any undervolting ?
4) Try setting higher minimum fan speed. This script need some tuning but making higher minimum % fan speed makes it better. What is your Target Temperature ?

UPDATE "ALPHA PREVIEW"
P.S - i am Adopting new dashboard and accually i am movig forward.
I will be based in 90% in Jquery Ajax so there wont be any whole page reloads and only div replaces.
As i will migrate all current setting i will release it to production, then i will start making next crucial features like grouping (finally Tongue)

Activity: 5
@xleejohnx  ty, but already tried with atiflash -ai but no info found

Hi to all, is it possible to check the memory manufacturer of the GPUs with SMOS ?? Tia

https://github.com/Zuikkis/amdmeminfo

If you want to tinker/tweak, you would be better off setting up an Ubuntu rig from scratch.
http://nerdralph.blogspot.ca/2017/03/amdgpu-pro-1660-on-ubuntu-kernel-4105.html

ty, i`ll try that

edit: @nerdralph

i got an error on SMOS:

Code:
miner@simpleminer:/root/utils$ sudo su
root@simpleminer:~/utils# cd amdmeminfo/
root@simpleminer:~/utils/amdmeminfo# ls
amdmeminfo.c  LICENSE  Makefile  README.md
root@simpleminer:~/utils/amdmeminfo# make
gcc -O3 -o amdmeminfo amdmeminfo.c -lpci
amdmeminfo.c:20:20: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:6: recipe for target 'amdmeminfo' failed
make: *** [amdmeminfo] Error 1
root@simpleminer:~/utils/amdmeminfo#

@tytanick

maybe you can put that tool amdmeminfo under utils it would be really helpful!
Hi to all, is it possible to check the memory manufacturer of the GPUs with SMOS ?? Tia

Use Tech-GPUz for finding memory provider.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi, i'm testing this.
Is there any api or service we can use to control rigs and switch mining on the fly ?
Thanks
Nope, only web interface but it works on mobile too.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Hi, i'm testing this.
Is there any api or service we can use to control rigs and switch mining on the fly ?
Thanks
Activity: 24
I am seeing this message scroll over and over on the monitor while mining but it never shows up in the console on the dashboard. What is this error trying to tell me? I currently am running 6 470s on a tb250-btc.

http://imgur.com/a/tVg4b
I think too much undervolting could be ?
Did you undervolted with a custom bios ?
If not try setting higher PowerStage

Just wanted to let you know that I fixed the error I was seeing by switching -etha 0 to -etha 2. The 0 config was carry over from my windows copy/paste.

I am still getting this error though. Any idea what that is trying to tell me or if it is something to worry about? I am on stock rom other than memory clocks copied from 1625 up on a msi 470 armor 4gb. power level 5.

http://imgur.com/a/phfb8
Activity: 588
Merit: 251

https://github.com/Zuikkis/amdmeminfo

If you want to tinker/tweak, you would be better off setting up an Ubuntu rig from scratch.
http://nerdralph.blogspot.ca/2017/03/amdgpu-pro-1660-on-ubuntu-kernel-4105.html
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
second that just built an Ethereum rx 470 4gb 4 card rig ASUS STRIX 04G Gaming. Okay cards I got 2 elpidia memory and 2 hynix after BIOS mod i am getting 26.2mhs on elpidia and 25.5 on Hynix for total of 100-103MH/s is that good?

How to custom mod your straps already been discussed:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/custom-ram-timings-for-gpus-with-gddr5-download-links-updated-1758267

I'm getting ~28Mh on my Strix with Hynix mem at 2050 and just over 29Mh with my Sapphire ref-style 470 with Samsung RAM at 2100.  That's with sgminer-gm 5.5.5.  Claymore gives a bit more, but I prefer sgminer because it is open source, and the long-running average hashrates and HW error reporting makes monitoring easier.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

I'm not sure if atiflash will tell you
I can check later when I get home
Activity: 5
Activity: 29
Hello everyone,

Can anyone provide some info about undervolting statistics, sort of table view or example:
Powerstage:
1. -mV ?
2. -mV ?
Thank in advance!
Well done!
Bump up for you and help show your pix.
RX cards best for ETH mining. Good choice 470s
R9 or 10XX Nvidia cards best for ZEC
Thanks for your inputs, ETH mining draws more power so I need to run the fans at higher rpm (so louder).I'm trying to keep everything quiet as the rig is sitting in the living room for now:). I'll look more into eth mining once i get some external fans incorporated with the rig.

Hello,

I strongly recommend you plug the two molex on the motherboard, it helps stabilizing power fluctuation on the PCI-e and to prevent burning your motherboard on long term.

Cheers.
I'll try it out, thank you

Hey,

Did you try to modifiy the bios on these Rx 470? if not, you probably should because you can accomplish great results. I see that you have 3 models, send me the original bios and i'll modify them for you to mine ETH more effectively.
PM me and i'll do it, of course for free.

I should really start a bios library someday ^^ There is one on the market: https://anorak.tech/ but I personally didnt like any of them, more power and less mhs than what I achieved. Sorry if I offended someone from there D:

Cheers.

Seeking..... RX470-4GB killer custom roms for ETH - lowest power and coolest card possible on Claymore 9?

second that just built an Ethereum rx 470 4gb 4 card rig ASUS STRIX 04G Gaming. Okay cards I got 2 elpidia memory and 2 hynix after BIOS mod i am getting 26.2mhs on elpidia and 25.5 on Hynix for total of 100-103MH/s is that good?

Only think i changed is timing on bios mod copied 1500 to all 1500 and above.

drawing 630 watts and running card at 70c got a new PSU 1000 watts EVGA 80+gold so much more efficent than my old which was pulling close to 730watts.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Well done!
Thanks for your inputs, ETH mining draws more power so I need to run the fans at higher rpm (so louder).I'm trying to keep everything quiet as the rig is sitting in the living room for now:). I'll look more into eth mining once i get some external fans incorporated with the rig.

Hello,

I strongly recommend you plug the two molex on the motherboard, it helps stabilizing power fluctuation on the PCI-e and to prevent burning your motherboard on long term.

Cheers.

Hey,

Did you try to modifiy the bios on these Rx 470? if not, you probably should because you can accomplish great results. I see that you have 3 models, send me the original bios and i'll modify them for you to mine ETH more effectively.

I should really start a bios library someday ^^ There is one on the market: https://anorak.tech/ but I personally didnt like any of them, more power and less mhs than what I achieved. Sorry if I offended someone from there D:

Cheers.

Seeking..... RX470-4GB killer custom roms for ETH - lowest power and coolest card possible on Claymore 9?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Well done!

Hello,

Cheers.

Hey,

Cheers.
Jump to: