Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 492. (Read 835472 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Well done!
Bump up for you and help show your pix.
RX cards best for ETH mining. Good choice 470s
R9 or 10XX Nvidia cards best for ZEC
Thanks for your inputs, ETH mining draws more power so I need to run the fans at higher rpm (so louder).I'm trying to keep everything quiet as the rig is sitting in the living room for now:). I'll look more into eth mining once i get some external fans incorporated with the rig.

Hello,

I strongly recommend you plug the two molex on the motherboard, it helps stabilizing power fluctuation on the PCI-e and to prevent burning your motherboard on long term.

Cheers.
I'll try it out, thank you
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Im not a linux guy could someone give me a write up on how to flash bios with smos or would it be easier to install win 7 and do it thanks

Putty is great when you want to access and test one rig. I would recommend to download this:
http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download.html

It's a connection manager and SSH is one of them. You add your rigs there and it will connect to them in one click after, it even remembers the passwords after.

When you will access the rigs through ssh, you will be able to see the folders path on the left side. Just create a folder called like ''bios'' (/home/miner/bios). Then you just click the upload bottom on top and you will be able to browse your custom rom and upload it inside bios folder.

These are the commands you will need to run:

screen -x miner
crtl+c until it shutdowns (that you are back to main screen)
sudo su
dmesg -c
/root/utils/atiflash -p -f 0 /home/miner/bios/yourcustomrom.rom

If you are not sure about the GPU model, I try to see with atiflash -i 0,1,2, etc. Sometimes it helps lol

Thanks to carloshell for introducing this gem of a tool, mobaxterm.

Very highly recommended - I prefer this over putty - even though putty is already so simple.

It is now my defacto ssh and telnet tool for smOS and also all my other stuff at the farm.

Very powerful communications utility and I have been trying out their macro functions to automate some daily tasks.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Im not a linux guy could someone give me a write up on how to flash bios with smos or would it be easier to install win 7 and do it thanks

Putty is great when you want to access and test one rig. I would recommend to download this:
http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download.html

It's a connection manager and SSH is one of them. You add your rigs there and it will connect to them in one click after, it even remembers the passwords after.

When you will access the rigs through ssh, you will be able to see the folders path on the left side. Just create a folder called like ''bios'' (/home/miner/bios). Then you just click the upload bottom on top and you will be able to browse your custom rom and upload it inside bios folder.

These are the commands you will need to run:

screen -x miner
crtl+c until it shutdowns (that you are back to main screen)
sudo su
dmesg -c
/root/utils/atiflash -p -f 0 /home/miner/bios/yourcustomrom.rom

If you are not sure about the GPU model, I try to see with atiflash -i 0,1,2, etc. Sometimes it helps lol
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
What is it root user/password to login on OS local ?
miner/miner
root/miner1324

With the ability to login I figured I'd try it out.  It looks rough around the edges.
I see it uses 4.11rc3/16.6.  I don't recommend rc3, as it doesn't give any better performance than 4.10.  Therefore I'd suggest using kernel 4.10.9.
The miner options page strips leading 0x from eth wallet addresses, which is a problem for some pools.  Therefore I had to modify the command options to "-ewal 0x$walletETH"
The console often didn't work when Claymore was failing to auth, so I was only able to figure out the problem by logging into the miner and running ps and using screen.
And logging in was more difficult than necessary, as I had to figure out the IP from my router rather than using the hostname.  Setting the rig name does not change the hostname from "simpleminer".  Although Ubuntu runs mdns by default, it seems smOS has disabled it, so you can't connect to "simpleminer.local" on your local lan.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Just completed my first rig so figured post it so other ppl can get some numbers and other who run similar rig can give some advice as well.

Mining ZEC on flypool with claymore miner 12.4 - NO MOD
Components:
Mobo: Biostar TB85
Ram: 4gb
PSU: 1300W EVGA G2 (will use 1000w G2 for the next rigs)
CPU: G1840 Celeron
HDD: 16gb thumbdrive - SmOS
GPU: 1 x RX470 8GB MSI GAMING-X OC
       2 x RX470 4GB ASUS STRIX OC
       3 x RX470 4GB MSI ARMOR OC

P.S.: Just completed with 3 x Rx470 4GB ARMOR, before the addition I was getting close to 860 H/s with 1240/1950 (5-6). With 6 cards it was unstable with those setting and was running too hot for my liking(loud as well). With current setting its been running smoothly (1050/1500 (0) - 1.50MH/s). I think I could do better then that so some tips would be appreciated.

Thank @tytanick for sharing your bit with the community!
Please share your settings so you can do your bit for the community:)

Well done!

Hello,

I strongly recommend you plug the two molex on the motherboard, it helps stabilizing power fluctuation on the PCI-e and to prevent burning your motherboard on long term.

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi Tytanik,

First off, love the unified dashboard that SMOS offers, and the ease of Rig management that it brings to the table.
I have been running SMOS on a USB 3 pendrive, on an Asrock Pro BTC V2 based system with 6 x RX 470 4GB cards.

Here are a few issues that stop me from adopting SMOS on all my machines :

1) SMOS hashes about 3.5% lower than windows for Ethereum Claymores 9.0
2) GPU0 is stuck on ~4mh/s no matter what
3) Rest of the GPU's also periodically drop to 4mh/s but then recover to their usual hash quickly
4) GPU fans spin up and down like crazy in SMOS, while windows had the fans gradually increasing/decreasing in speed

But I have kept a keep eye on your OS, and have a test machine on it always, so I do believe that I will shift all my rigs to it one day.
Thank you for making this wonderful OS and for keeping it free while you can address the issues/work out the bugs.
1. Do you have newest kernel 4.10rc3 + 16.60 AMD driver ? Hover on Rig Version to see that.
2) Try making higher PowerStage in this rig propably to 6 or 7. Try little different clocks also.
3) Do you have any undervolting ?
4) Try setting higher minimum fan speed. This script need some tuning but making higher minimum % fan speed makes it better. What is your Target Temperature ?

UPDATE "ALPHA PREVIEW"
P.S - i am Adopting new dashboard and accually i am movig forward.
I will be based in 90% in Jquery Ajax so there wont be any whole page reloads and only div replaces.
As i will migrate all current setting i will release it to production, then i will start making next crucial features like grouping (finally Tongue)

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Hi Tytanik,

First off, love the unified dashboard that SMOS offers, and the ease of Rig management that it brings to the table.
I have been running SMOS on a USB 3 pendrive, on an Asrock Pro BTC V2 based system with 6 x RX 470 4GB cards.

Here are a few issues that stop me from adopting SMOS on all my machines :

1) SMOS hashes about 3.5% lower than windows for Ethereum Claymores 9.0
2) GPU0 is stuck on ~4mh/s no matter what
3) Rest of the GPU's also periodically drop to 4mh/s but then recover to their usual hash quickly
4) GPU fans spin up and down like crazy in SMOS, while windows had the fans gradually increasing/decreasing in speed

But I have kept a keep eye on your OS, and have a test machine on it always, so I do believe that I will shift all my rigs to it one day.
Thank you for making this wonderful OS and for keeping it free while you can address the issues/work out the bugs.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Just completed my first rig so figured post it so other ppl can get some numbers and other who run similar rig can give some advice as well.

Components:

P.S.: Just completed with 3 x Rx470 4GB ARMOR, before the addition I was getting close to 860 H/s with 1240/1950 (5-6). With 6 cards it was unstable with those setting and was running too hot for my liking(loud as well). With current setting its been running smoothly (1050/1500 (0) - 1.50MH/s). I think I could do better then that so some tips would be appreciated.

Well done!
Activity: 32

Components:

https://i.imgur.com/GjvnAq6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0S5BnAi.jpg

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
miner/miner
root/miner1324
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I am seeing this message scroll over and over on the monitor while mining but it never shows up in the console on the dashboard. What is this error trying to tell me? I currently am running 6 470s on a tb250-btc.

http://imgur.com/a/tVg4b
I think too much undervolting could be ?
Did you undervolted with a custom bios ?
If not try setting higher PowerStage
Activity: 24
I am seeing this message scroll over and over on the monitor while mining but it never shows up in the console on the dashboard. What is this error trying to tell me? I currently am running 6 470s on a tb250-btc.

http://imgur.com/a/tVg4b
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
tytanick,
I have RX470 and RX480 8GB models, but when I do ETH + DCR mining, the ETH speed drops.
What options do you apply?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-dual-ethereum-amdnvidia-gpu-miner-v150-windowslinux-1433925

try -dcri 15
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Tytus, Nvidia Rigs getting popular more and more... how about pushing this feature / version?!  Grin

Try this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/os-nvoc-easy-to-use-linux-nvidia-mining-1854250  It is still in early stages, but Fullzero is committed to making Nvidia more accessible for miners.  He was the person I purchased my first mining rig from and has been outstanding with helping me learn through the last 6 months.

I just built one and mining ZEC on windows 7  is amazing  when ty gets time he will do it here.

a nvidia on ZEC crushes anything AMD has.

NVIDIA couldn't crush its own dick if it had to. Sorry, but if your mining with nvidia, you should stop your miner and go play a game. AMD has been, continues to be, and in the near future I see no change... They own mining.

Scrapp'

Nvidia is the king for Zec, hands down, no contest.  The closest AMD has for Zec are R9 furys and they still cant come close to hash power/watt.  The other coins, well, yes AMD is still ahead there.

So NVIDIA rules ZEC. Got it. Sad news tho... ETH is taking over. Simply check out market volume. Soon ETH will surpass BTC (In Market Volume). I never thought I would see the day any coin could, but... its coming. What's NVIDIA gonna do now? Smiley

I will give NVIDIA credit. They figured out real the fuck fast they were losing and trying to come back!

Scrapp'

Profitibily wise nvidia does better than amd
Most here want profit
You probably don't which is understandable and it's okay
Resell value of nvidia will sell closer to purchase price than amd
www.whattomine.com will help you out in the long run my friend

I like him  he will side with AMD and not diversify.

I have both eth  with amd and zec with nvidia and btc with  bitmain s-9 and avalon 721.

plus I have 1000 ZER coins  as a spec.

I think I will sell one more btc today and hold some cash.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
It looks like smOS could be good with a few simple improvements:
1) documentation.  There is no information about what kernel versions and driver versions are used for the R9 and Rx versions.  It doesn't matter much for fglrx, but it does matter whether smOS uses AMDGPU-Pro 16.30, 16.40 or 16.60.
2) simplify registration.  I don't know if it is ad-blocking plugins or just bad design, but the google captcha sometimes turns into a registration nazi and lets nothing through.  To avoid the email registration being used for spamming, a rate limit per IP (even 1 attempt per hour) could be used.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Tytus, Nvidia Rigs getting popular more and more... how about pushing this feature / version?!  Grin

Try this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/os-nvoc-easy-to-use-linux-nvidia-mining-1854250  It is still in early stages, but Fullzero is committed to making Nvidia more accessible for miners.  He was the person I purchased my first mining rig from and has been outstanding with helping me learn through the last 6 months.

I just built one and mining ZEC on windows 7  is amazing  when ty gets time he will do it here.

NVIDIA couldn't crush its own dick if it had to. Sorry, but if your mining with nvidia, you should stop your miner and go play a game. AMD has been, continues to be, and in the near future I see no change... They own mining.

Scrapp'

Nvidia is the king for Zec, hands down, no contest.  The closest AMD has for Zec are R9 furys and they still cant come close to hash power/watt.  The other coins, well, yes AMD is still ahead there.

So NVIDIA rules ZEC. Got it. Sad news tho... ETH is taking over. Simply check out market volume. Soon ETH will surpass BTC (In Market Volume). I never thought I would see the day any coin could, but... its coming. What's NVIDIA gonna do now? Smiley

I will give NVIDIA credit. They figured out real the fuck fast they were losing and trying to come back!

Scrapp'

Profitibily wise nvidia does better than amd
Most here want profit
You probably don't which is understandable and it's okay
Resell value of nvidia will sell closer to purchase price than amd
www.whattomine.com will help you out in the long run my friend
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Try this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/os-nvoc-easy-to-use-linux-nvidia-mining-1854250  It is still in early stages, but Fullzero is committed to making Nvidia more accessible for miners.  He was the person I purchased my first mining rig from and has been outstanding with helping me learn through the last 6 months.

I just built one and mining ZEC on windows 7  is amazing  when ty gets time he will do it here.

Scrapp'

Nvidia is the king for Zec, hands down, no contest.  The closest AMD has for Zec are R9 furys and they still cant come close to hash power/watt.  The other coins, well, yes AMD is still ahead there.

Scrapp'
Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Try this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/os-nvoc-easy-to-use-linux-nvidia-mining-1854250  It is still in early stages, but Fullzero is committed to making Nvidia more accessible for miners.  He was the person I purchased my first mining rig from and has been outstanding with helping me learn through the last 6 months.

I just built one and mining ZEC on windows 7  is amazing  when ty gets time he will do it here.

Scrapp'

Nvidia is the king for Zec, hands down, no contest.  The closest AMD has for Zec are R9 furys and they still cant come close to hash power/watt.  The other coins, well, yes AMD is still ahead there.
Jump to: