Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 504. (Read 835461 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 254
Hi, decided to try out your os.
Is it possible to burn your image in macOS?
Hi, i guess that would be hard. As i have shitty windows on my Laptop and most of people also have it i am doing images under program for windows.
Try to find any windows and just burn under it, or meaby you could install it in virtualbox under mac ? Cheesy
Anyway when you will do this one time, thne you can reclone this usb under mac.
I just dont have time to do all things and cover 100% needs of my clients. I an tryng to cover 80-90% needs Tongue

Ok, tried that.

error: unknown filesystem.
Entering rescue mode.
Grub Rescue>

Any thoughts, whats this about?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi, i guess that would be hard. As i have shitty windows on my Laptop and most of people also have it i am doing images under program for windows.
Try to find any windows and just burn under it, or meaby you could install it in virtualbox under mac ? Cheesy
Anyway when you will do this one time, thne you can reclone this usb under mac.
I just dont have time to do all things and cover 100% needs of my clients. I an tryng to cover 80-90% needs Tongue
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Thanks all friends

i change my pool
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi

please see My hashrate Huh Huh Huh

Rig is 6 rx 470 4gb nitro oc

bis
Gpu 1130
Memory 1945

Try changing pool to something else.
Use nearest pool servers (EU vs USA)
There is a guy also from poland which made own pool: http://ethpool.pl/ - this pool gives much more profit than standard ones. I am mining there for 3 months without any problems.
Payments are done 2 times a day.
I cant guarantee this pool becasue i dont know wery well this folk but its working 4 months now without problem and bringing more profit than other pools:)
You can test it and compare results with other pools Smiley (its  like 2-10% more profit)

IMHO, you need the overall effective hash rate to be at least the same close to the hash reported to mining pool, to conclude if pool is good or not; that usually take a day or two.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi

bis
Gpu 1130
Memory 1945

Try changing pool to something else.
Use nearest pool servers (EU vs USA)
There is a guy also from poland which made own pool: http://ethpool.pl/ - this pool gives much more profit than standard ones. I am mining there for 3 months without any problems.
Payments are done 2 times a day.
I cant guarantee this pool becasue i dont know wery well this folk but its working 4 months now without problem and bringing more profit than other pools:)
You can test it and compare results with other pools Smiley (its  like 2-10% more profit)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Hi

bis
Gpu 1130
Memory 1945
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
just a long shot but could it be something to do with the "headless" implementation in smOS?

What do you mean "headless" implementation? As far as I can tell the headless issues are due to the motherboard bios and have nothing to do with the OS?

most OS need a active video line into the gpu to signal it has something plugged in or OS doesnt "use" it to say
like windows if you run a dummy plug in it. its ten times easier to get 5-7 gpus running without to many issues
linux you can setup a script that will "trick" the OS into thinking it has an active video line into the gpu hence "headless"
smOS is a headless linux OS

An active video line helps the OS see it has another means of video other than the on board video from the cpu or motherboard

little side note.. headless also includes keyboard and mouse not just the monitor
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
just a long shot but could it be something to do with the "headless" implementation in smOS?

What do you mean "headless" implementation? As far as I can tell the headless issues are due to the motherboard bios and have nothing to do with the OS?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I usually reset the rig a few times until it goes away. Sometimes, I see it going away on its own after awhile but then again the miner must have caught a GPU fault and restarted the miner OR..... SRR rebooted the rig for whatever reason.... just my guess. Hope we can get rid of it soon. I do see more occurrences of this when using Claymore ETH mining. I dont see it when using Optiminer (ZEC) or sgminer-gm (XMR)....
its something else, i even stopped miner and tried to change those clocks but i cant Smiley
I even swapped gpus with that 300/300 with other working ok and the same thing GPU0 is at 300/300
I am wondering what causing it Smiley

i started getting 300/300 on first card after "undervolt mod" update.
After some reboots it goes away =).
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
Crypto mining company | Mining pools
Guys, any of you met the problem that for example GPU0 is at 300/300 clocks and the rest gpus are ok ?
Do you know a solution ? (something in bios ? )
I am trying to fund solution and what causing it.

I've still been having this issue so I quit using SMOS until it's fixed.

Set your primary vga adapter to onboard - it helps me everytime this happens
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Guys, any of you met the problem that for example GPU0 is at 300/300 clocks and the rest gpus are ok ?

I usually reset the rig a few times until it goes away. Sometimes, I see it going away on its own after awhile but then again the miner must have caught a GPU fault and restarted the miner OR..... SRR rebooted the rig for whatever reason.... just my guess. Hope we can get rid of it soon. I do see more occurrences of this when using Claymore ETH mining. I dont see it when using Optiminer (ZEC) or sgminer-gm (XMR)....

Hey,

Can you give me a brief rig description? We havent encountered this issue in our farm. Is it happening with RX 400s? R models?

Please more details!

Thanks
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
BETATESTING for people that cant run specific motherboards on my OS.
OK, so as you know, some newer motherboards just wont work under my linux image.
Thats why i made 3 addonitional images with different kernels (its a linux core).
Rest of the system is ofcourse  compatible and accually the same.
Anyway if you have board that didnt worked under my normal image, please flash each of this image and see if it would help.
Any results please send me to [email protected]

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1085-4.8.17.imgc
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1085-4.9.16.imgc
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1085-4.10.4.imgc

Email me the RESULTS:
To: [email protected]
Subject: Different kernels test
Motherboard model: "for example MSI or asus and specific model...."
Problem description: "for example. Motherboard totally wasnt working"
Result:
4.8.17 - its working ....
4.9.16 - it doesnt work ...
4.10.4 - it work but it sings ...

4.11 - It works..
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
BETATESTING for people that cant run specific motherboards on my OS.
OK, so as you know, some newer motherboards just wont work under my linux image.
Thats why i made 3 addonitional images with different kernels (its a linux core).
Rest of the system is ofcourse  compatible and accually the same.
Anyway if you have board that didnt worked under my normal image, please flash each of this image and see if it would help.
Any results please send me to [email protected]

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1085-4.8.17.imgc
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1085-4.9.16.imgc
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1085-4.10.4.imgc
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1085-4.11.rc3.imgc

Email me the RESULTS:
To: [email protected]
Subject: Different kernels test
Motherboard model: "for example MSI or asus and specific model...."
Problem description: "for example. Motherboard totally wasnt working"
Result:
4.8.17 - its working ....
4.9.16 - it doesnt work ...
4.10.4 - it work but it sings ...
4.11.rc3 - ....
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Sometimes happens when I overblock my mem too much... lowering helps  Grin
If I get it with my usual clock setting I just reboot (1-4 times) like Citronick... works.

That´s all I can tell  Undecided

yeah.... Tytanick...  can we have a button that send reset commands to rig continuously 4-5 times  Grin
Activity: 662
Sometimes happens when I overclock my mem too much... lowering helps  Grin
If I get it with my usual clock setting I just reboot (1-4 times) like Citronick... works.

That´s all I can tell  Undecided
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

I've still been having this issue so I quit using SMOS until it's fixed.
Activity: 672

i believe its a claymore thing
no matter what plateform it does this
to fix you have to reboot

its something else, i even stopped miner and tried to change those clocks but i cant Smiley
I even swapped gpus with that 300/300 with other working ok and the same thing GPU0 is at 300/300
I am wondering what causing it Smiley

Headless works really well in linux
windows on the other hand it needs to be able to tell itself hey they have a gpu

Accually it could be the driver itself, hmm i need to upgrade it and see if it will help Smiley
This is what i will check Smiley

the possibility could be there
but all the gpus use the same driver to run its not independent thats why i dont think its driver related
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Accually it could be the driver itself, hmm i need to upgrade it and see if it will help Smiley
This is what i will check Smiley
Jump to: