Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 501. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
I am now experiencing the 300/300 problem with gpu0, regardless of how I set up my rig or which PCIe slot I use.

To be clear, I didn't type all of this up because I expect someone to help me. To the contrary, this is a hobby to me, and I will work through it. However, it seems like the 300/300 problem has reared its ugly head multiple times without a decisive resolution of the underlying cause. I'm just hoping that the info I provided will help tytanick diagnose the problem.

Ok, so changing to gen1 still didnt fixed the problem?
Personally on asrock i see this from time to time but reboot fixes it.
Anyway if you have this problem ober and over then may i ask you to write me a email to [email protected]
It will be easy to debug something that doest work all the time rather tan sometimes Smiley
Can you also put in core clock value 5 mem 0 and tell me if that will help? If you put such values then it will be used old script which sets only dpm state and not specific clocjs.
Tell me if it will fix 300 mhz problem
Anyway after that may i please to contact me?
Its also my hobby to fix things Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

okay  this is the same as the 4mh bug on windows 7 and windows 10.

so do you run this headless?

I have a monitor  with hdmi and dvi jacks.

try plugging the gear into a monitor.

especially the specific   gpu .

once you plug it in boot once  take a look  at what happens.

if that does not work.

the msi rx 470  with no bios flashing (truly a mistake for most miners to flash )

will run at
1050   core
1650   memory
 0       powerstage
80      temp
60      fan

did you flash bios?   if so good luck since bios flashing can cause a lot of issues
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I am now experiencing the 300/300 problem with gpu0, regardless of how I set up my rig or which PCIe slot I use.

Before this afternoon, everything was cruising along fine for the last week with my 3 x MSI rx 470 gaming 4GB rig. Today, I received risers in the mail, and proceeded to make my 3 gpu rig into a 6 gpu rig. I eventually managed to get it to boot up and everything looked like it was going as planned, but gpu0 was stuck at 4.04 mh/s (with the dashboard indicating it was clocked at 300/300), while the rest of the cards performed as expected.

I began working backwards, thinking I had a hardware problem, but after a couple rounds of unplugging what I thought was gpu0, and upon reboot, gpu0 still operating at 4.xx mh/s with the dashboard indicting the card was clocked at 300/300, I started to suspect otherwise. I finally got down to one card, and after several reboots and moving it around to several different PCIe slots, same thing.

I upgraded to the beta 4.11 kernel, and that didn't help.

After all of that, I started reversing the other changes I made to my rig in anticipation of adding additional cards. I purchased an MSI Z170A Gaming M5 mobo because all of the mobos traditionally favored by miners are scarce and, to put it politely, selling at a premium. There are several people who said they were able to get 7 cards running on this board, and they outlined the changes to the BIOS that were necessary. When I undid those changes, my gpu0 went back to working correctly. The changes to the BIOS consisted of the following to the PCI subsystem settings:

PEG0 - Max Link Speed: change from [Auto] to [Gen1]
PEG1 - Max Link Speed: change from [Auto] to [Gen1]
Above 4G Decoding: [Disabled] to [Enabled]

Through process of elimination (i.e., testing my system with only one card installed directly on the mobo), I determined that changing PEG1 - Max Link Speed from [Auto] to [Gen1] is the culprit. As long as I leave that setting on auto, I can change the other two settings as described above and gpu0 functions properly, but as soon as I change the PEG1 setting, gpu0 goes back to 4.xx mh/s and 300/300 on the dashboard.

To be clear, I didn't type all of this up because I expect someone to help me. To the contrary, this is a hobby to me, and I will work through it. However, it seems like the 300/300 problem has reared its ugly head multiple times without a decisive resolution of the underlying cause. I'm just hoping that the info I provided will help tytanick diagnose the problem.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
That is normal for the non Rx version.
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
OK, test this image on 290x if it will work
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-R-v1074.imgc
If not then its your pendrive, try chaning to other Smiley
Post what what the problem, image or pendrive ?

No this is good speed Tongue

i tested with 1074 version and first attept; i got these errors:

After that, i changed the usb slot to another
its working now but it works like this:

Shouldn't it work like only dos screen?
is it normal?

Ok. Gonna test it. i will inform you
The 300/300 happens on RX 480s with default clocks and bios too.

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB with Samsung memory.

Can confirm this.  This is where I get the majority of my 300/300s.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
The 300/300 happens on RX 480s with default clocks and bios too.

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB with Samsung memory.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

1ERRVbvV23h51ScH73nQr6TDmaieKNuuVD

@ty

Please confirm that this is your donation address

yep its mine, but after anyone sends donation, please write me email with transaction number.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Tytus meaby you did great  Wink

RX 470 + Strapmod
1031 / 1850 / 0

before: 25mh/s ETH
now: 26.1ms/s ETH + 4W more

nice  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

wow..... where did you buy that GPU #4 ?

What brand is that GPU?

I want to buy 10 pieces  Grin
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Anyone else having connection issues to Simplemining.net?  Had to flash one of my drives and the connection keeps timing out while updating.
Please post me photo of your screen to [email protected]
Anyone else having connection issues to Simplemining.net?  Had to flash one of my drives and the connection keeps timing out while updating.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

I've only had one issue, but I believe it was my own impatience in rebooting one rig when I thought it may be stuck.  All have had a very slight speed increase.  I am testing to see if it fixes some of the restarts caused by 300/300 clocks.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
hi tytanick
i swithed my several rx series rig to smOS and do not have any issues.
But i tried to switch my R9 290x rig to smOS. Boot the R series image to usb and tried it (i booted and downloaded 3 times)
I have that screen when everytime i start the rig.
Need help. Thx
Hi, i will upload older version so you can download it and test (it will auto update to the newest anyway, but we will cross out image corruption)
https://simplemining.net/download/
It will show up here in 10 minutes from now.
it will be named: R-v1074

Anyway you can check version of you AMDGPU driver curently installed in each rig.
Default version was 16.30, and the beta new button makes it 16.60

hi tytanick
i swithed my several rx series rig to smOS and do not have any issues.
But i tried to switch my R9 290x rig to smOS. Boot the R series image to usb and tried it (i booted and downloaded 3 times)
I have that screen when everytime i start the rig.

Need help. Thx
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Could you please have an indicator that shows you are on the new beta kernel?
Yes i wil do that, today i count not finish this.
Anyway kernel version you can check by hovering over Rig version on dashboard.
I will also make it in few days on whcih amd driver you are.
Anyway i just released this amd driver as default image on main page.
All guys you have old amd driver do once you will click kernel upgrade ... reboot ... amd upgrade .... reboot .. you will have all up to date.
But yes, i will make that clear for everyone on which version you are. Those are beta tests Smiley

Jump to: