Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 96. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 4
OUR SCRIPT FOR REFLASHING
Looking at the code of this script, it is impossible not to notice the striking similarity with the code of the utility hive-replace from Hive OS  Grin
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Which miner is good to mine SUQA with RX580 8Gb cards?
I try with sgminer-fancy one but I get only 4 MH per card. Is there any better solution? Also you can recommend me pool. Now I am on icemining pool.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
ahemm..... whats that root password again?
I have successfully upgraded 7 rigs with P106s remotely using the previous instructions - running CUDA-10 mining apps with up to date OS and NVIDIA drivers.
By default it is your EMAIL address.
You can also login as a miner and then enter: sudo su
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Tytanick,
Can I upgrade the CUDA version on the SMOS stick remotely via ShellIntheBox (ie. CUDA 9 to CUDA10).
I recall there was a button for this in the dashboard before.

OUR SCRIPT FOR REFLASHING SimpleMining rig to newest image (so drivers and kernel) or to reflash other linux based OS to simplemining Smiley
This was mostly done for migration purpuses from other OS to simplemining as some farms need it.
But accually it is very good way of upgrading a system. It will just reflash image on pendrive instead of installing and upgrading system which usually fails Smiley

Login to your LINUX rig as a ROOT:
Then run command "screen" that is virtual terminal and will prevent aborting next command to fail in case you lost connection to rig (lets say it will run as background process - and you probably know that citronick but i am writing to more people also Cheesy

Ok guys, if anyone want to REFLASH drive on your current simplemining rig to newest version OR also if you have other Linux operating system such as ethOS or HiveOS, you can enter that command below and it will reflash your current OS with simplemining.
We tested only ethOS->simplemining migration but i guess hive and other linux based OS'es will also work Smiley

So if you want to reflash drive to currently newest image, just do that:
Login as root to your rig
Enter command: screen
After that type command below but BE SURE to CHANGE email address to yours in below command line (its in the parameters)
Code:
bash <(curl -k -4 -s http://download.simplemining.net/update/migrate2simplemining/migrate2simplemining.sh) [email protected] SimpleMiningOS-NV-RX-v1199-4.17.19-13-amd18.10-nv415.27.img.zip

It will download about 1GB file, reflash whole drive, change email address to the one you entered and will reboot system.
Let me know if this works or not for you guys Smiley

ahemm..... whats that root password again?

I have successfully upgraded 7 rigs with P106s remotely using the previous instructions - running CUDA-10 mining apps with up to date OS and NVIDIA drivers.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Tytanick,
Can I upgrade the CUDA version on the SMOS stick remotely via ShellIntheBox (ie. CUDA 9 to CUDA10).

OUR SCRIPT FOR REFLASHING SimpleMining rig to newest image (so drivers and kernel) or to reflash other linux based OS to simplemining Smiley
This was mostly done for migration purpuses from other OS to simplemining as some farms need it.
But accually it is very good way of upgrading a system. It will just reflash image on pendrive instead of installing and upgrading system which usually fails Smiley

Login to your LINUX rig as a ROOT:
Then run command "screen" that is virtual terminal and will prevent aborting next command to fail in case you lost connection to rig (lets say it will run as background process - and you probably know that citronick but i am writing to more people also Cheesy

Ok guys, if anyone want to REFLASH drive on your current simplemining rig to newest version OR also if you have other Linux operating system such as ethOS or HiveOS, you can enter that command below and it will reflash your current OS with simplemining.
We tested only ethOS->simplemining migration but i guess hive and other linux based OS'es will also work Smiley

So if you want to reflash drive to currently newest image, just do that:
Login as root to your rig
Enter command: screen
After that type command below but BE SURE to CHANGE email address to yours in below command line (its in the parameters)
Code:
bash <(curl -k -4 -s http://download.simplemining.net/update/migrate2simplemining/migrate2simplemining.sh) [email protected] SimpleMiningOS-NV-RX-v1199-4.17.19-13-amd18.10-nv415.27.img.zip

It will download about 1GB file, reflash whole drive, change email address to the one you entered and will reboot system.
Let me know if this works or not for you guys Smiley
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
New miner versions:
- ccminer-zcoinofficial-djm34-v1.1.14 (Stability improvement. Small hashrate bump)
Activity: 49
Please add wireguard in the core.
Because of a non-standard kernel, I can’t install the wireguard
Code:
Building only for 4.17.19-smos10
Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped since the
kernel source for this kernel does not seem to be installed
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
New miner versions:
- bminer-v15.0.2 (Improve the fidelity of Cuckaroo29 on 1060 / P106 / 1070)
- lolminer-v0.7 (Added BEAM Equihash 150/5, only tuned for AMD. Added TLS for stratum. Some bugfixes in the stratum code. It is more stable now. Complete rework of the mining back end. Lower CPU load for AMD graphic cards. GPU sorting changed. Integrated all kernel files to the executable. Lowered fee to 1%. Removed workbatch parameter for MNX. Removed 96/5 Nvidia specific kernel. Changed Safecoin (SAFE) from Equihash 144/5 to 192/7. Added Vidulum (VDL), Equihash 192/7)
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Tytanick,

Thanks
yes, check this one:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49137532

Also we already have working script that can download newest whole system image, reflash the pendrive and enter your email address again.
This process will be default for upgrading whole system as it works perfectly Smiley

thats great!

Thanks
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Tytanick,

Thanks
yes, check this one:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49137532

Also we already have working script that can download newest whole system image, reflash the pendrive and enter your email address again.
This process will be default for upgrading whole system as it works perfectly Smiley
Activity: 640
Merit: 56
minerstat
anybody knows a solution to fans not being controlled by smOS? 

Running two nvidia evga 1080ti SC2 cards, same setup no issues in HiveOS, however in smOS (latest download version from the smOS site)  the fans stay at 0% despite setting them to 75% .   resarted several times, same situation.

Compare driver versions.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Tytanick,

Thanks
Activity: 39
anybody knows a solution to fans not being controlled by smOS? 

Running two nvidia evga 1080ti SC2 cards, same setup no issues in HiveOS, however in smOS (latest download version from the smOS site)  the fans stay at 0% despite setting them to 75% .   resarted several times, same situation.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
New miner versions:
- gminer-v1.34 (Support Swap coin - cuckaroo29s. Support Beam on AMD.  Fixed bug with clean jobs for grin. Improved fidelity up to 5% for grin29/aeternity. Added command to enable/disable cuda/opencl)
- xmrig-amd-v2.13.0 (Added cn/r - CryptoNightR/CryptoNight variant 4 - for upcoming Monero fork on March 9. Added support for dynamic pools reload. Invalid threads now ignored and not stop the miner)
- xmrig-nvidia-2.13.0 (Added cn/r - CryptoNightR/CryptoNight variant 4 - for upcoming Monero fork on March 9. Added support for dynamic pools reload.)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
New miner versions:
- new miner ethminer-hackmod-v0.18.0-alpha.3.1280f5f5 (ETH, ProgPoW - AMD and NVidia support)
- nbminer-nebutech-v20.0 (Add Grin31. Add NiceHash for Grin.  Add option to tune CPU when mining Grin. Improve BTM+ETH on RTX. FIx lower hashrate BTM.)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
New miner versions:
- grinpro-v1.2 (30% faster Nvidia. Very high Nvidia fidelity. Improved AMD fidelity 1%. Reduction CPU usage for AMD and Nvidia. Improved AMD mining rate. Fixed AMD cards auto-detection issues. Other minor changes)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
New miner versions:
- ethminer-v0.17.1-rc.0
- zilminer-v0.2.20 (new arg --pow-earlier, set --farm-recheck default to 5000, enable report hashrate)
Activity: 59
Merit: 11
is there way to Set static IP network addres on rigs not with dhcp

SSH into rig (SiaB).

Enter:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

Change "dhcp" to "static" and set the following as needed by your system:

auto [CONNECTION NAME]
iface [CONNECTION NAME] inet static
address 192.168.0.16
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
dns-nameservers 8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8

The [CONNECTION NAME] should already be there, but, if not, you can get it using:

ifconfig -a
Activity: 5
is there way to Set static IP network addres on rigs not with dhcp
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
New miner versions:
- nanominer-v1.0.7 (Fixed 1.0.4 issue with missing library dependency for systems without Nvidia GPU driver installed. Fixed small memory leak on Nvidia DAG change. Other fixes.)
Pages:
Jump to: