Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining pool features table - page 4. (Read 44922 times)

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
June 17, 2011, 10:36:37 PM
You should add the size of the pool to that chart to, like hashing power wise at the time of writing or w/e. I think that is something ppl might want to know when comparing. Good job btw!

Thanks! I'm avoiding adding the size info for now because it's pretty dynamic, and the smaller pools are hard to track. I'll think about adding it in the future, though.  It's pretty easy to just give a link to one of the current pie charts out there.

Maybe somewhat of a substitute could be the formation date of the pool, if I can get people to provide that?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
June 17, 2011, 02:05:06 PM
Heres the proper information for BitClockers.com Bitcoin Mining Pool:

1% Proportional
TX Fee @ Withdrawal: NO, thats rediculus.
web GUI: YES
LP: YES
Threshold: YES
Instant Payout: YES
Wait for Share Validation: NO, we insure all blocks.
Multi Workers: YES
Email is not Username : YES
Idle Work Notification: YES
JSON API: YES
SSL: YES
IPv6: YES, on selected pool servers.
Wallet Change Security: YES, we also have other automatic metrics for account theft.
GUI Preset Support: YES, GUIMiner and BitMiner

We also have 3 pools combined in Denver, Chicago, and Czech Republic. We were the first pool to market with combined/redundant pools. Our website is cloud hosted, as well as our SQL database cluster. We also provide Live Support 24hrs a day. Our pool uptime is currently ~99.95%.

Side note: I cant figure out why BitClockers.com been around 100 GH/s, higher than some other pools listed on http://bitcoinwatch.com/, for some time now. Yet we're still not on the graph there. I guess
Activity: 84
June 17, 2011, 06:37:47 AM
You should add the size of the pool to that chart to, like hashing power wise at the time of writing or w/e. I think that is something ppl might want to know when comparing. Good job btw!
legendary
June 17, 2011, 06:11:22 AM
Added address and port information.
legendary
June 17, 2011, 01:29:28 AM
Updated: Added "share validation waiting period" row, as well as filled in additional info.  Significant cleanup and rearranging of columns.
legendary
June 16, 2011, 11:08:57 PM
Bitcoins.lc pays the 0.01 transaction fee when paying out.

Added.

Hello,

Here is some info for our Pool at https://mineco.in

Name: MineCo.in
Type: Share Based
Fees: 0%
Transaction Fees: Shared
Transaction Fee: 0
Web Interface: Yes
GUI Preset: in GUI Miner next release
Automatic Payout Threshold: Yes, configurable
Instant Payout: No
Long Polling: Yes
Multiple workers: Yes
e-mail isn't username: yes
e-mail notification on idle: no
JSON API: Yes
HTTPS (SSL): yes
IPv6 : no
wallet address change security features : no

Added.
Activity: 112
June 16, 2011, 08:22:00 PM
Hello,

Here is some info for our Pool at https://mineco.in

Name: MineCo.in
Type: Share Based
Fees: 0%
Transaction Fees: Shared
Transaction Fee: 0
Web Interface: Yes
GUI Preset: in GUI Miner next release
Automatic Payout Threshold: Yes, configurable
Instant Payout: No
Long Polling: Yes
Multiple workers: Yes
e-mail isn't username: yes
e-mail notification on idle: no
JSON API: Yes
HTTPS (SSL): yes
IPv6 : no
wallet address change security features : no

Activity: 767
Merit: 500
June 16, 2011, 03:43:45 AM
Bitcoins.lc pays the 0.01 transaction fee when paying out. In addition I believe that it is the only pool running proportional which pays you immediately a block is solved, no waiting for the 120 blocks to be solved.  Also the guy who runs it runs an ISP so it seems pretty stable infrastructure and internet confection.

Will
legendary
June 15, 2011, 02:36:51 AM
Just updated with latest information provided.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
June 14, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
MtRed has Automatic Payout and Instan Payout, Long Polling, Multiple workers, account/address settings, email or not, https, i just added wallent change logs and will ad an email settings to that.
legendary
June 14, 2011, 07:07:07 PM
I think I am going to contact each of the mining pool operators to ask if they would like to contribute to this.  Are there really no miners who use the pools with the question marks on them who can help fill this in?
legendary
June 09, 2011, 12:05:51 AM
On a side note, I would like to see at least some of the pool owners of the smaller pools help me fill in the question marks, as it would help them advertise their features. It's difficult to find out all of this information without scouring through page after page of forum threads for each individual pool
Deepbit doesn't takes any additional fees for sending payments.

Thanks Tycho, info added, and you're not even one of the smaller ones! Smiley
Activity: 742
June 08, 2011, 10:41:38 PM
On a side note, I would like to see at least some of the pool owners of the smaller pools help me fill in the question marks, as it would help them advertise their features. It's difficult to find out all of this information without scouring through page after page of forum threads for each individual pool
Deepbit doesn't takes any additional fees for sending payments.
legendary
June 08, 2011, 10:35:00 PM
Maybe Add "Support by GUIMiner" ?

A proper GUI to set up the miner is imho the most important feature for all those newcomers after the latest press covering of BitCoins. I guess there are some not so techie users out there who are not interessted in every little tech detail and want to stay away from concol windows/unix/etc., but would love a "One Click Solution" to start mining - GUIMiner is their answer.

Cheers

Drasek

Yeah, I can add "GUI support preset in:", and then list which GUI tools it is supported in (guiminer, bitminer, etc). 

On a side note, I would like to see at least some of the pool owners of the smaller pools help me fill in the question marks, as it would help them advertise their features. It's difficult to find out all of this information without scouring through page after page of forum threads for each individual pool.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
June 08, 2011, 06:46:30 AM
Maybe Add "Support by GUIMiner" ?

A proper GUI to set up the miner is imho the most important feature for all those newcomers after the latest press covering of BitCoins. I guess there are some not so techie users out there who are not interessted in every little tech detail and want to stay away from concol windows/unix/etc., but would love a "One Click Solution" to start mining - GUIMiner is their answer.

Cheers

Drasek
legendary
June 08, 2011, 05:52:20 AM
Can anyone answer the question marks on BTCmine?  I'd join to check it myself, but they aren't accepting new sign ups for the next few weeks.
Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
June 07, 2011, 05:20:32 AM
Continuum does support long polling and does have a JSON-RPC API. It has automatic payout at 1BTC, no manual one. Username == Bitcoin address, like Eligius.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 07, 2011, 04:53:52 AM
One thing you could add:

Transaction fee on withdrawal. Some pool charge 0.01, some charge 0.

Since the pools usually put the transactions into the blocks they solve that is an additional fee. Say someone withdraws every time their balance reaches 1 BTC, then 0.01 is an extra 1% fee.
legendary
June 07, 2011, 03:25:45 AM
Updated, but still needs a lot of info filled in.
legendary
June 07, 2011, 02:41:59 AM
Hi,

found this wiki page yesterday https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools
maybe it would be good to merge your table in there later  Cool

Excellent, I hadn't seen that when I searched around the other day.  One thing I'm confused about on that list is that it says slush has LP.  According to the phoenix miner running on my computer, it doesn't, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: