Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining pool features table - page 5. (Read 44922 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
June 07, 2011, 02:36:16 AM
Hi,

found this wiki page yesterday https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools
maybe it would be good to merge your table in there later  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
June 07, 2011, 02:20:44 AM
lots of errors
Bitcoinpool has long pooling
eligius has json api
should add mtred and swepool

Thanks, working to correct this info now.  It's hard to read through these entire mining pool threads to find this info, and the first posts aren't always updated, hence the errors.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
June 07, 2011, 02:18:24 AM
lots of errors
Bitcoinpool has long pooling
eligius has json api
should add mtred and swepool
legendary
June 07, 2011, 02:11:56 AM
Don't know what do you mean by "e-mail change payout lock", but we have optional permanent address lock and e-mail confirmation for address change.

Also both proportional and pay-per-share payout modes are available.

I think I accidentally conflated two separate features.  I need to add a row for e-mail confirmation for address change, and have a separate row for payout lock on wallet address change.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
June 07, 2011, 02:06:54 AM
Most pools provide their total hashrate data and it's shown as pie chart at http://bitcoinwatch.com , but there is no averaging for more precise results.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 07, 2011, 02:05:19 AM
Very nice Cheesy Now if only there was some kind of real time pool size comparison or user-generated uptime rating...
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
June 07, 2011, 02:03:12 AM
Don't know what do you mean by "e-mail change payout lock", but we have optional permanent address lock and e-mail confirmation for address change.

Also both proportional and pay-per-share payout modes are available.
legendary
June 07, 2011, 01:58:46 AM
I had been trying to compare the growing number of mining pools and their features at one point, and there wasn't a concise table that summarized them. So, I decided to put one together:

http://pastehtml.com/view/awb1vg03r.html

Please help me fill in the question marks and fix any mistakes, as well as contribute information on any pools that I may have overlooked.

If you can post the info for me using the terminology of my table, I'll add it.  No disrespect intended here, it's simply that I've found that trying to track down the information individually for so many pools, and then translating it into the standard language of my table is MUCH more time consuming than is necessary.  I don't have the time to join every pool to figure out the features or read pages and pages of pool threads to track down the most up to date answers. If each pool expert can simply come here occasionally and give me their information in an organized post, I can easily add it, and everyone benefits.

Also, if you are a pool operator providing me with your info, be honest and help all of us out by providing ALL of the info (i.e. not just the green ones).  That way we don't get stuck with a lot of question marks.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: