Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining rig extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] - page 19. (Read 169362 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician
I don't know if you have a watt meter yet, but I came across this:

Basic kWh Meter 100A 120/240-volt, 3-wire, 60Hz EKM-25IDS - EKM Metering
$90

If the amperage is a concern they offer a universal design single phase/3 phase with a 5000A rating for $160

Hey nice find.  I have been looking for a hardwired meter which can do logging on 240V split phase (US) circuits.  Most tend to run $300 to $400 or more. 

I thought you might be interested and rjk would as well, so killed 2 birds with one post. Smiley
Anyway you started it with the AP9571, I was looking for a way to monitor the wattage when this popped up.
Activity: 497
Merit: 500
Thanks for your help rjk. I am talking with gigavps.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Watching.. I have a P45-UD3P w/Q9400 and it does VT- Don't know if that helps.
Have you loaded it up with KVM and tried out the VM device pasthru using VT-d to see how well it mines?

Have not had the need to yet it just has 6 HD5770's on it.  I might give it a try though. I am planning on switching that miner to linux soon maybe I will play around with it first. I will let you know.

Also where did u get the mining case I say in the back ground of the monsterplane?
It is a slightly redesigned version of the frame in the sticky at the top of the mining hardware section by Detritus. The design mods are by gigavps, to accommodate 2 PSUs.

Do you know where I could purchase one? Or do you have one to sell?
I don't have any to sell, but it isn't particularly difficult to build from parts at your local home center, as well as the plastic corner bits from the place in the Detritus thread. Or you could ask gigavps if he has any kits that he wants to sell you.
Have you loaded it up with KVM and tried out the VM device pasthru using VT-d to see how well it mines?

Have not had the need to yet it just has 6 HD5770's on it.  I might give it a try though. I am planning on switching that miner to linux soon maybe I will play around with it first. I will let you know.

Also where did u get the mining case I say in the back ground of the monsterplane?
It is a slightly redesigned version of the frame in the sticky at the top of the mining hardware section by Detritus. The design mods are by gigavps, to accommodate 2 PSUs.

Do you know where I could purchase one? Or do you have one to sell?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

$90

If the amperage is a concern they offer a universal design single phase/3 phase with a 5000A rating for $160

Hey nice find.  I have been looking for a hardwired meter which can do logging on 240V split phase (US) circuits.  Most tend to run $300 to $400 or more. 
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

$90

rjk
1ngldh

rjk
1ngldh

rjk
1ngldh
Well, I finally found an ebay seller that would get me yellow and orange wire of my specification, without forcing me to buy 500 feet of it which I will never use again. Also, added +5VDC and obtained a 20-position barrier strip to keep it clean, as shown in the pic below:

Wire management pr0n.

Fuzzy (sorry) images of the special Molex PSU connectors. 8 of these cost 40 bucks. Sad
Activity: 533
That's one heck of a unit.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
It was cool until the pricetag.

Can get 10x 1250W SeasSonic 80-Plus Gold PSU for a grand less. 

Still it is cool just from the sheer lethality  of it.Smiley
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Mining since difficulty 157,426 !
What is the price on that PSU?!

OH, just ridiculously expensive,lol

Models in the Miller XMT series start at $3,523.00 USD
Activity: 406
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
What is the price on that PSU?!
Activity: 742
rjk
1ngldh
Hey here's a power supply for you, LOL
They make a 15Kw version too!

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Miller-Electric-10000W-Power-Supply-Review

Grin Grin Grin
Hahaha! That is perfect! Grin And it's 87% efficient - 80Plus for sure! Grin Grin
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Mining since difficulty 157,426 !
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000
If you can get the system working we have some interesting numbers.

16 x 5970 @ 390 MH/s per GPU = 12480 MH/s
At the current difficulty and at a value of $4.8 per BTC would see break even in less than 6 months.
This includes $1200 for the system build and $400 per 5970.

16 X 7990 @ 600 MH/s per GPU = 19200 MH/s
At the current difficulty and at a value of $4.8 per BTC would see break even in 7 months.
This includes $1200 for the system build and $849 per 7990

It would be nice if it can be hashing before the halving.

Except you cant buy 5970s, and 7990s will be dropping in about 6 months.... so buy the 5970s now, sell them, and replace them with 7990s Wink

Did you mean you CAN buy 5970's? 

Nope, can't. Almost all the used ones on ebay are owned by insane overclocker gamer types, and have done dumb shit like throw out the stock hsf in favor of improperly installing a wc block that probably cracked the dies.

Total YMMV territory.

Huh.  I have purchased at least 8 off of Ebay, and every single one of them is working great.  The only issue I had was a bad fan, and that fixed with a $39 fan and about 20 minutes work. 

Have you had bad experiences personally, or are you simply speculating? 

Aggregating bad experiences of others.

So is it not, in fact, a case where one "can't" but 5970's, but one where you would recommend people don't. 
Activity: 742
If you can get the system working we have some interesting numbers.

16 x 5970 @ 390 MH/s per GPU = 12480 MH/s
At the current difficulty and at a value of $4.8 per BTC would see break even in less than 6 months.
This includes $1200 for the system build and $400 per 5970.

16 X 7990 @ 600 MH/s per GPU = 19200 MH/s
At the current difficulty and at a value of $4.8 per BTC would see break even in 7 months.
This includes $1200 for the system build and $849 per 7990

It would be nice if it can be hashing before the halving.

Except you cant buy 5970s, and 7990s will be dropping in about 6 months.... so buy the 5970s now, sell them, and replace them with 7990s Wink

Did you mean you CAN buy 5970's? 

Nope, can't. Almost all the used ones on ebay are owned by insane overclocker gamer types, and have done dumb shit like throw out the stock hsf in favor of improperly installing a wc block that probably cracked the dies.

Total YMMV territory.

Huh.  I have purchased at least 8 off of Ebay, and every single one of them is working great.  The only issue I had was a bad fan, and that fixed with a $39 fan and about 20 minutes work. 

Have you had bad experiences personally, or are you simply speculating? 

Aggregating bad experiences of others.
You can add 3 good experiences to your list then.  I ordered all 3 of my cards off ebay and have had great luck.
Pages:
Jump to: