Pages:
Author

Topic: Missing $64000 USD from Bitstamp withdrwal.[RESOLVED] - page 2. (Read 2775 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
so what did they said ? they dont have the money to send ? they were sent ? whats the status ?

i was living under the impression that bitstamp is a big company, but if they cant handle a 64k transfer ....
Activity: 402
Merit: 100
🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜
Thanks to all,

I finally got a reply from Bitstamp today. It was nothing that they couldnt have sent me in a more timely manner.

Clearly they are understaffed in their support department.

I am still missing the money and will probably have to do a trace.

All these complications just show how weak and cumbersome fiat transfers are.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
You should have never done that, 64k is too much money to risk on a withdrawal at any existing bitcoin exchange.

There comes the noob police Cheesy

Now back in topic: OP claims that 1) 64k withdrawal went missing 2) BitStamp has gone silent on it.
We can't help much here other than suggesting to contact hazek about it.
OP, sorry for your trouble; please let us know how it goes.
Activity: 680
Merit: 500
Here is their original introduction topic you might want to post there and PM/mail the OP: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wwwbitstampnet-bitcoin-exchange-site-for-usdbtc-38711

That's a lot of money to go missing but given Bitcoin's 22x rise in value there's probably quite a lot of those kind of numbers being both withdrawn & deposited.

Hope you get it resolved, please keep this updated as I and others are interested in the outcome. Also I think it's reasonable to send another ticket if no response after each 72 hours.
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
You should have never done that, 64k is too much money to risk on a withdrawal at any existing bitcoin exchange.
Why is that so? How else do you propose one cashes out this kind of money? Localbitcoins?  Roll Eyes

I am not saying to do it elsewhere, my point is that you must try it with lower amounts first, to see how it works and how long it takes.
I would withdraw 1k, and see if that works. If yes, next time I try 2, and then 5. Then I go from 8 to 8 until 64k.

It's easy to say that when it's not your money and the market isn't jumping 20% a day. When you're on the spot and can potentially lose 20% or more if not acting quickly that's a whole different story.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Why is that so? How else do you propose one cashes out this kind of money? Localbitcoins?  Roll Eyes

I am not saying to do it elsewhere, my point is that you must try it with lower amounts first, to see how it works and how long it takes.
I would withdraw 1k, and see if that works. If yes, next time I try 2, and then 5. Then I go from 8 to 8 until 64k.
Activity: 448

Personally, I would've exchanged it for precious metals.

Better than fiat anyway...  Smiley
Activity: 430
Why is that so? How else do you propose one cashes out this kind of money? Localbitcoins?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Sounds Like "The $64,000 Question"

http://youtu.be/dl8h6GtF5Qg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_$64,000_Question
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Activity: 402
Merit: 100
🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜
I made my first ever large fiat withdrawal from Bitstamp and the experience has been a nightmare.

On November 15 I requested a $64000 withdrawal and it finally was processed and confirmed November 20.

However the funds never arrived to my Mexican bank (Santander).

After waiting patiently a few days I opened a support ticket requesting some sort of documentation that shows that they have sent the wire transfer.

ZERO response on their part. Its as if no human being is working there. Its been 20 days and somewhere, someone has MY $64,000 USD and short of asking how to proceed with my lawyer I don't know else what to do.

If there is someone at Bitstamp that looks into the forum (hazek?) please PLEASE have someone take a look at ticket ##28362 or ticket #30569 as I had asked in this thread before:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3802076

UPDATE 12-12: I finally got a response today.
UPDATE 12-18: A transfer trace (cost: 25 Euros) was requested.
UPDATE 12-31: No results yet from the transfer trace.
UPDATE 01-14 The withdrawal request was badly formed on my part. The funds were sent to an account that was not mine. The money has finally been recovered.
Pages:
Jump to: