Pages:
Author

Topic: Mistake you should avoid when holding your Altcoins - page 13. (Read 24246 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 100
I don't agree with you. As for me, I have enough spare time so I can easily participate in bounties. And I'm ready to wait a few years before I'll earn really huge money from bounty.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

I made the same mistake in 2018 with projects like DRGN and AIX, but I think I learned my lesson the hard way.
A month or two ago I decided to sell all those losers and never look back at. Then I decided to focus my time, energy and money on new projects, doing more due diligence.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

Mistake is letting you lose your investment in a lower price or basically lose it since you sell it in a very cheap price in compared to the initial price you buy it at the first place in joining the cryptocurrency space.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I do not think that it was a failure. I am making the same. I have participated in a lot of bounty programmes and I am still holding 70 percent of all my earnings, because it does not make any sense to sell you hard earned tokens below the token sale price. Keep holding.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

This is not only your own experience but also mine and many people. In a gloomy market today, it is better to sell when you feel the price is acceptable. It is different from holding coins and waiting in the bull run market.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
That is the hardest part when you are holding a newly listed ICO project because you'll never know when it is pumped again. It is being normal that after listed in exchange it will dump because of the hunters will sell their shares. Good thing if the owner of that project having a buyback, you will know which better you think that profitable to hold. Be smart and do research if you are holding the coin and stick into their community group to know the progress and the latest update.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
Practice shows that in a bear market it is best to sell the received coins on time.
Unfortunately, most of the coins of new projects will fall in price several times before the next bullish run, and probably will never recover.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
At the time when my friends were holding tokens I sold these tokens and now I regret only that I did not sell everything. It is worth noting that some coins did a large percentage after the bounty and just such coins I keep.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
Many people have different opinion about holding coin. While some are holding just to make quick profit some are really investing in a project that has potential of being big in the future. A lot have been said about bull run and if you are one of those waiting for bull run, you will have to wait forever. Investing in crypto is not do or die affair. Do not invest because you want to make quick profit all else you we be disappointed. Always invest for a long time gain. Even as many project have lost their value more than 1000%, you should not be surprise some of them will not even rise well if bull runs start
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

I was in the same situation as you. In the end of 2017, when there was a big rise in prices on the cryptocurrency market, I had high expectations, and I kept my coins, in the hope that their price would continue to grow, but the situation only worsened and their price decreased. Now I have sold some of them, significantly lower than the price that was, the rest I hold. Therefore, I also learned a lesson that gave me a bear market.
Activity: 602
It seems to me that we still need to understand that there is a time when it is better to sell, and there is a time when you need to buy, that is, you need to constantly rotate the cryptocurrency and do it all the time, so to speak now about what I have done is not so late.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

My case is like you, I didn't sell my coin and wait for the bull market and now I have to become a holder even though I don't really want to be, hoping the bull market will soon come
But it will be much better for us to release some of out portfolios and then try to get more profit from the marke. The bull market can't be predicted and that means there was no estimation about when that will come to recover the price of crypto.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
fud is an important thing to avoid when we use a coin. for example we are hodl etherum for the long term and then a news appears that vitalik butterin will come out and then etherum will be destroyed, then we sell etherum even though the price is still low and cut loss. this is not true and should be avoided, whatever is called fud is an attempt to make a big dump, so keep the hodl waiting for the pump.
Activity: 546

My case is like you, I didn't sell my coin and wait for the bull market and now I have to become a holder even though I don't really want to be, hoping the bull market will soon come
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
Bull run is everyone dreams . People choice if they are going to hold their coins because that is their own coin because that is their money and only business here is to give suggestions and opinions about crypto. Holdinh is good and it will cause bull run which is everyone are excited to see that because they really have to gain more money for their future.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
www.codex.one

You should act not just waiting for the bull run to come I guess, if you really have the passion to increase your profit, you can do something about it here in crypto, join trading platforms and work on homebased jobs.
Activity: 363

Waiting for a bull run is not necessarily a mistake. The mistake was too much greed. When the bull run is already there but we still not consider it as the "bull run" we've been waiting instead, we wait for more price rise, then that's greed. Everyone from 2017 to 2018 has learned on this experience.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504

It would never be a mistake to hold your coins for a long period of time since if you are a long term investor, but I guess you shouldn't really rely on other shitcoins since they only get pumped for a short time and will be useless in the future.
Activity: 476
Merit: 14
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

I am also learning a lesson like you. Holding many Altcoins from Airdrop and Bounty, beside that I also invested in some ICO but all of them decline seriously and nearly I lost everything. The needed work now is to turn this lesson into power to continue
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
Portfolio of altcoins should not exceed 50% imo. You should always have at minimum 50% of your crypto portfolio in bitcoin.

There are many newer projects that are actually going to do something with blockchain tech that hasn't been done and will help build the infrastructure for the entire ecosystem. You just need to pick them up wisely.
Pages:
Jump to: