Pages:
Author

Topic: Mistake you should avoid when holding your Altcoins - page 9. (Read 24246 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 106
We all start off as amateurs, and we have all lost money throughout out trading experience. In his first month of trading, Miles went from $1,000 to $300. I’ve lost a lot by selling at losses inspired by fear. No one is perfect, no one wins every single trade. Don’t let the losses discourage you, because the reality is they’re making you better trader if you choose to learn from them.
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
I think our situation is the same as yours, holding altcoins for long term and wait for more profit, unfortunately bear market in whole years and our portfolio assets is lower than before, it's a big mistake for me, so I'll set a selling target price and avoid the mistake appear again.

This is necessary to prepare for a volatility, but I think this is still a little flawed, the altcoin we buy at cheap prices and accumulate them for a long time, so I think we need Very long and long time  Huh
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 16
If altcoins are obtained from the bounty campaign, you can sell half, half to leave for growth. To diversify risks.
Activity: 296
Yes, of course, if you are satisfied with the price of the coins, then you must sell them otherwise it will not work

I don't think that's the best, because according to those signs I think that in the near future it is likely that the prices of altcoin will increase sharply, so it is important to keep them until the price is high  Cool
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

Indeed fluctuations can occur at any time and we do not know specifically on cryptcurrency, but with analysis we can predict maybe a large enough percentage of market movements, then your mistake is to wait for the bull market without a clear analysis of why you have to wait.
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
Thats a good advice but what if there is really no profit at all? How can we sell coins from bounties and airdrops if there is still no value since i got it? We can only hodl it until the time that it will have value. I think many bounty hunters are still holding due to zero value of coins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 111
Dota2
Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.

Why you invest on the project and never expect that the price will grow or atleast remain, this is suicide. Because you set your mind to plan on how to throw your  money without expecting a good profit. You should learn to be more optimistic and find a good project that has a high potential of profit.
Activity: 518
Merit: 111
Dota2
Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.
we have to make a plan when we have to keep our altcoin with set target price and when we have to sell our coins.if we have no plan about it we just holding without doing anything and it could harmed us.

not only that but the biggest mistake often made by traders or investors is panic, because if you often experience panic it will bring you loss of money or loss. so what we have to fight is panic and never be greedy too
Panic is sudden uncontrollable emotion which is not good specially on this kind of crypto market, more or less... it will bring misdeal and turn into loss. This is common if you are newbie/beginner on this kind of league.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.
we have to make a plan when we have to keep our altcoin with set target price and when we have to sell our coins.if we have no plan about it we just holding without doing anything and it could harmed us.
not only that but the biggest mistake often made by traders or investors is panic, because if you often experience panic it will bring you loss of money or loss. so what we have to fight is panic and never be greedy too
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Pretty much same mistakes I made, I had literally a life changing money from the last years bounties/airdrops, but alas didn't sell.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
Yes i agree we must not depend on the predictions that bullrun will come at a given time because no one really knows when will it come. So many predictions that a bullrun will happen at 2018 but it never come, we just need to sell our coins/altcoins when we have a decent profit and not be greedy for more.
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

Yeah, I agree with you. Never wait for Bullrun of your coins/tokens, sell it when you can gain profit. There's no guarantee your coins/tokens can pump somedays.
I have same experience like you before so if a got my bounty payment I will try to sell my coins/tokens as fast as I can before dump if can gain decent profit from my bounty payment...
Activity: 658
Merit: 250

That is agree able about the condition of the that happen right now, most of the coins were dropping their value.
But for everyone who keep on holding, that is OK if they are believe they will meet a good time in the future or they are ready if something even worst happen.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
Mistake cannot be avoid due to some negligence and impatient treatment to market and sometimes due to undesirable unstoppable uncertainties occurs. Not forgetting the fact the market is real volatile that never be in stable condition. We should accept this fact and learn from our mistakes as long as possible. Holding is the key to wait bull run because we like to earn more beyond our loses.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
I think our situation is the same as yours, holding altcoins for long term and wait for more profit, unfortunately bear market in whole years and our portfolio assets is lower than before, it's a big mistake for me, so I'll set a selling target price and avoid the mistake appear again.
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
Activity: 243
I think we should sell all coin from airdrop and bounty  when we got it because we did not invest in that. And If we buy from ICO, We should wait it moon to sell.
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

Firstly we should understand that psychology and emotion are most Important here. If You want to made a short profit (after investment), the must thing you do are sell all of them. but if you have a faith with that project, why you don't hold them?. for 2019 , I prefer my self to collect much coin as I can. waiting for bitcoin halving on 2020.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Yes, of course, if you are satisfied with the price of the coins, then you must sell them otherwise it will not work
Pages:
Jump to: