Pages:
Author

Topic: Mistakes in trading that lead to loss of money - page 12. (Read 16945 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 10
The only mistake I made was that I invested more than I could afford to lose so there is this panic when price go down.
Activity: 262
Merit: 100
My mistake in trading is because I don't planing the coin price, and I don't  hold  coin.that which to make me lose a lot of money
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I think the biggest mistake in trading would be not removing your coins at the right time. What i do is sell bitcoin at high price and buy alts and wait for them to get pumped but what most people do is they don't remove their money and be like it will increase more and more but then the time to sell runs out and we sometimes end up getting a loss
Your strategy is great and that is also what i'm doing with my bitcoins, I just wait for the bitcoin to get its price as high as i can imagine but i didn't sell it because i see opportunity with it and that is buying altcoins since bitcoin is inversely proportional with altcoin and that means if bitcoin is very high then the altcoins are very cheap and you can easily multiply your bitcoins there just within a weeks or months.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I think the biggest mistake in trading would be not removing your coins at the right time. What i do is sell bitcoin at high price and buy alts and wait for them to get pumped but what most people do is they don't remove their money and be like it will increase more and more but then the time to sell runs out and we sometimes end up getting a loss
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I think the biggest mistake I and many trader face is the unstable psychology of trading because sometimes we buy an altcoin and then the price of altcoin increases or decreases our psychological impact, leading to mistakes in buying or selling decisions. Traders often call it dump or pump, this is a good time to make a profit but also can lose quickly if the mentality is unstable, we will make a mistake. Psychological fear of losing money is always the main reason leading to loss in trading sessions

It depends on the trader. What you are talking about is basically happening to people just starting with trading, or that they are not comfortable risking their money. Main point of importance is that you never use money that you can't afford to miss in your private life. If that's the case, then there is less for you to *potentially* worry about. People over-investing is the main cause of a lot problems when it comes to them losing. If the price goes down, they will just take the loss by selling, and directly also prevent themselves from suffering further losses. That's what happens when people play with money that isn't meant to be played with. Some even buy back at premium prices in an attempt to recoup some of their losses. But as soon as the price starts going down, they once again will sell at a loss... It's a cycle.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
To prevent loss in trading,one have to make a lot of research on different trading pattern and the mistake they make so that you can learn from them although you cannot prevent loss in trading but can minimise it
Even you done a research when the coins hit crisis you still lose patterns don't prove anything unless you just believed on your instinct mistakes give us chances to fix our mess and make it right learning from that to avoid more looses again in second trading. I've always analyzing and following always the flow of those big holders when they buy I buy when they sell I sell. easy money baby.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
I think the biggest mistake I and many trader face is the unstable psychology of trading because sometimes we buy an altcoin and then the price of altcoin increases or decreases our psychological impact, leading to mistakes in buying or selling decisions. Traders often call it dump or pump, this is a good time to make a profit but also can lose quickly if the mentality is unstable, we will make a mistake. Psychological fear of losing money is always the main reason leading to loss in trading sessions
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
I am not into a trading right now,
But I guess the mistakes that a trader could do that could lead to loss of money is panic selling and also expecting to much for some alt-coin price to pump.
Yeaaa it was fundamental mistakes too quick make decision to sell while the price fool you to skyrocketing.
But also you should be careful overconfident to not cutting lost while waiting the price to go up but it is keep dropping instead.
The key is you have to monitoring it all the time closely and always take it as serious business.

Exactly. When you see that the market price of bitcoin dive, we panic right away and sell it in fear of losing your investment if you hold on it. But i think you should do the opposite, you should continue to buy when the price of bitcoin nose dive and hold on for the long haul even if the price continue to drop. And for sure, when the drop of bitcoin rise again, you will get a good amount of profits in the long end.
The situation not always like that , you have to look around , news/any other reason why the price will keep move up/drop.
There is a time when the price showing a bullish , but actually it gets drop.
Trading often give you an unexpected result , prediction is just a prediction , you can still wrong, but at least you are trying to make it as accurate as possible.
When the price suddenly went down, of course, everyone will get panic, and in that movement, they don't think for future they will sell their coins. Most of the small traders do like this, Only those who are waiting for a high price increase that kind of people will not care for this type of price fall, I also did this mistake many times.
That happens everytime and somehow not only small traders loses the time when the coin is being dump thats why we are risking to win or to lose .As RealPhotoshoper  said "prediction is just prediction" we cant hang on it situation changes everytime .Big whales also lose against manipulators and with a sudden dump but technically they have always a back up plan to cut loses and shake the price to minimize their lose or luckily if they succeed pumping the coin before they exit. From my Trader mentor experience and trading stratedgy.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
But I guess the mistakes that a trader could do that could lead to loss of money is panic selling and also expecting to much for some alt-coin price to pump.
Yeaaa it was fundamental mistakes too quick make decision to sell while the price fool you to skyrocketing.
But also you should be careful overconfident to not cutting lost while waiting the price to go up but it is keep dropping instead.
The key is you have to monitoring it all the time closely and always take it as serious business.

Exactly. When you see that the market price of bitcoin dive, we panic right away and sell it in fear of losing your investment if you hold on it. But i think you should do the opposite, you should continue to buy when the price of bitcoin nose dive and hold on for the long haul even if the price continue to drop. And for sure, when the drop of bitcoin rise again, you will get a good amount of profits in the long end.
The situation not always like that , you have to look around , news/any other reason why the price will keep move up/drop.
Trading often give you an unexpected result , prediction is just a prediction , you can still wrong, but at least you are trying to make it as accurate as possible.
When the price suddenly went down, of course, everyone will get panic, and in that movement, they don't think for future they will sell their coins. Most of the small traders do like this, Only those who are waiting for a high price increase that kind of people will not care for this type of price fall, I also did this mistake many times.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

Trading often give you an unexpected result , prediction is just a prediction , you can still wrong but at least you are trying to make it as accurate as possible.
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
To prevent loss in trading,one have to make a lot of research on different trading pattern and the mistake they make so that you can learn from them although you cannot prevent loss in trading but can minimise it
Merit: 501
I've lost a good sum with panic selling and panic buying, really newbie mistakes, and looking back I actually did good choices when selling...

I've also lost by not doing proper research before invest, although very small sum.
For what you had just said was very agreeable, facing panic selling and panic buying was really a big impact for the traders who are not deeply yet knowledgeable in trading industry. I know most of the old traders here faced that experienced including me. But, just like others said at least we learned a lesson from it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Wich would be a bigger mistake when you are bag holding? Selling with a loss to be able to resume trading and eventually recover your loss, or holding if you feel the coin as potencial even if it means you won´t be trading for a few days/weeks or months?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
Sometimes buying too far after a pump starts can be a big mistake. If you buy at the peak then it's the worst time, but no one knows where the peak is until after the drop.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
Another mistake I made was putting everything in one coin... Next time I would make sure to leave some amount in $ so that I could still margin trade and recover loss.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
My recent mistake in trading happened last month. I bought this coin because it has a good margin for short trading. I never check the ANN page, and some updates. Next day this coin was removed and was exchanged with another coin after a week but it never recover.  I lost my btc.

Activity: 57
Merit: 10
Well, the biggest mistake in trading is trying to invest without having the proper preparation. The market is full of people who think they are experts, and such people end up losing money to people who really take this job seriously. The rule of thumb is to never invest in what you don't know.
Merit: 501
Your mistake/s in trading that leads to loss of money
I think it will be the best to share your story so that we can avoid your past mistakes.
Yes that is totally true,  I remembered when I was a newly starter in trading I thought it was like gambling that depending in luck though I know Buy at low then Sell at high but don't know yet how to read the chart/graph in the exchange sites and because of that mindset for not understand well what trading is really all about I lost 0.1BTC, That time greed was came up to me and I bought a coin for a short term then I never know it will be my worst moment which in the end I've loss.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
The mistakes I made while trading in my early days were 1) entering the coin at peak prices
2)panic selling
3)trusting some shitcoins without proper analysis
4)not maintaining strict stoploss
It happened to even the best of traders today, but the point is to learn the lessons and move on. Some people never get to get over their initial mistakes, because they give them room to fester their minds, like the ones here eagerly drawing conclusion that trading and gambling are one and same. A fact of life is that any road without obstacles, obviously leads to nowhere.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
I'm not sure what to call this mistake but I bought some Decred when the price hit $20 lol now it drop to almost $10 I lost more than $200 of my money.
I thought its price is going to more more than $50 again just like how DASH did it because DECRED as they said were created by bitcoin developers.
Pages:
Jump to: