Pages:
Author

Topic: Mixin Safe (Decentralized Multisig+MPC+Timelock solution) review preperation - page 3. (Read 1118 times)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
As far as I understand you need to download the app either from iOS or android unfortunately.
Yes, I'm almost happy and excited to try when look the application has Windows and Linux download, but after installing, I still need login scan from the Android or IOS application, and I can't find also a button which I can log in use phone number on windows application, this mean installed application in a phone is necessary.

1 more important thing is I can find mixin applications on play store when my phone didn't connect VPN. this mean the aplication is not available in my country Indonesia.

therefore I can't join your service.
I tried with free VPN but still on Play Store that Mixin is not available in Indonesia, then I tried to download the APK file from Mixin but I can't receive the 4 digit code already 6x I re-send the code it still doesn't appear via SMS.

If Mixin does not show up or rather not supported for Indonesia then chances are high that if you using an Indonesian number code via sms won't be received unless someone in your locality managed to get one through!

But like Royse said in the review thread, an online number can be used..have you tried this to bypass any potential restrictions?

I am in the second batch of this review service but currently I can't do anything everything is not running normally. (Maybe for certain areas)
@Royse777 like I have to resign from the review, but luckily I always check first before the funds are sent.
Go for the bitcoincore method, goodluck Cool
Activity: 1470
Merit: 783
As far as I understand you need to download the app either from iOS or android unfortunately.
Yes, I'm almost happy and excited to try when look the application has Windows and Linux download, but after installing, I still need login scan from the Android or IOS application, and I can't find also a button which I can log in use phone number on windows application, this mean installed application in a phone is necessary.

1 more important thing is I can find mixin applications on play store when my phone didn't connect VPN. this mean the aplication is not available in my country Indonesia.

I tried with free VPN but still on Play Store that Mixin is not available in Indonesia, then I tried to download the APK file from Mixin but I can't receive the 4 digit code already 6x I re-send the code it still doesn't appear via SMS.

I am in the second batch of this review service but currently I can't do anything everything is not running normally. (Maybe for certain areas)
@Royse777 like I have to resign from the review, but luckily I always check first before the funds are sent.
Activity: 854
Merit: 737

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
That second thought, it would be great if you try it from that old tablet. As far as I understand you need to download the app either from iOS or android unfortunately.
I would love to see what you have to tell in the review.
Okay, I'll give it a try. I'm kinda curious and new to the timelocked multisig script thing.
I've applied again so I don't mess up your "batch 4".
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
I edited my application earlier, but it's better to post my question here:
It looks like I'll have to install an app on a smartphone. I prefer a website for several reasons:
1. Smartphones are inconvenient to use for finances.
2. I can't easily use a VM or wipe my smartphone.
3. I don't want to install VPN software on my smartphone.
4. I never install unknown software on my devices.

If I can review without a smartphone, I'll gladly apply. If not, my review ends with "I'll never use such a service". I don't even install software from my bank.
On second thought: I can experiment with Mullvad VPN on an old tablet, and wipe it afterwards. It won't run very smooth, but it should work. Still, I prefer a desktop computer for anything other than "coffee money".
I am glad you removed some contents from the campaign thread or I was planning to remove it. All good now :-D

That second thought, it would be great if you try it from that old tablet. As far as I understand you need to download the app either from iOS or android unfortunately.
I would love to see what you have to tell in the review.

Cheers,
Activity: 87
Merit: 38
you may use some phone number services on the Internet to get a random phone number just for a single SMS. Then you can begin the test, just you know that you may lose the account access because you don't own the random phone number
Does that mean someone else can access my account just by accessing the same phone number?

Correct, it's just for your test of the service, so that nobody knows it's your number or your account.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I edited my application earlier, but it's better to post my question here:
It looks like I'll have to install an app on a smartphone. I prefer a website for several reasons:
1. Smartphones are inconvenient to use for finances.
2. I can't easily use a VM or wipe my smartphone.
3. I don't want to install VPN software on my smartphone.
4. I never install unknown software on my devices.

If I can review without a smartphone, I'll gladly apply. If not, my review ends with "I'll never use such a service". I don't even install software from my bank.
On second thought: I can experiment with Mullvad VPN on an old tablet, and wipe it afterwards. It won't run very smooth, but it should work. Still, I prefer a desktop computer for anything other than "coffee money".

you may use some phone number services on the Internet to get a random phone number just for a single SMS. Then you can begin the test, just you know that you may lose the account access because you don't own the random phone number
Does that mean someone else can access my account just by accessing the same phone number?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Miniscript is expensive, that's the reason I don't like it. But it's the only standard that all hardware wallets are going to support, at least for now I can find announcements from BitBox02, Blockstream Jade, SeedSigner, and Coldcard have released miniscript demo.

Miniscript is a intermediate language that will translate to Bitcoin native script, so as long as the native script translated to is secure, the wallet should be secure.
by using P2TR you will reduce the costs but in general, people are lazy to read the codes, so I think we may reach a stage of modernization in which there are hacking, just as happened with some bridges.

Let's continue the discussion on project development page.

Looking at this topic and the one that was opened in the project development board, a lot of observations and reactions have already been made.  Wink
Although I agree with you but I am surprised by the number of people who have applied for review Campaign, approximately 120 members, have access to hardware wallets or run bitcoincore and are willing to activate the service with them phone number.
I hope they read the terms of service and was not random.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
The review campaign is live!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cfnp-mixin-safe-decentralized-bitcoin-custody-solutions-review-campaign-5460259

I would love to see you all taking a part in it.
Cheers,

Looking at this topic and the one that was opened in the project development board, a lot of observations and reactions have already been made.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
Is it Mixin Safe or Mxing Safe?  Wink
Thank you. It has been taken cared.

Now I'm totally confused here. Royse777 seems to have added "g" and changed to "mixing" (judging by topic subject), but in their topic https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mixin-safe-a-convenient-and-decentralized-multisig-mpc-timelock-solution-5459401 the name of the project seems to be "Mixin Safe", without the "g".
What is the final name?
dkbit98, all curses upon you and may all good angels are with you :-P
To be honest it's my fault. I was not much conscious. Thanks both of you to make me confuse and then to pay better attention :-D

The review campaign is live!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cfnp-mixin-safe-decentralized-bitcoin-custody-solutions-review-campaign-5460259

I would love to see you all taking a part in it.
Cheers,
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
What do you require for this review campaign? I want to try my hands on doing a review. Is the application the same as if you're applying for a signature campaign? And can the signature campaign participants apply? When's the application starting and will it be in Services board?

Edit: Removed the mixing part
Terms and conditions for a review campaign for Mixing Safe will be announced in the next few days as mentioned by the OP.

Also I expect the application to be like signature campaigns usually, where members apply and those who are accepted can do the review.

I'd like to point out that "Mixing Safe" is not a mixing service but rather an "easy to use Bitcoin multisig wallet with timelocked recovery key for a long time" as mentioned in the product thread.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
What do you require for this review campaign? I want to try my hands on doing a review. Is the application the same as if you're applying for a signature campaign? And can the signature campaign participants apply? When's the application starting and will it be in Services board?

Edit: Removed the mixing part
Mixin Safe doesn't only support hardware wallets, also software wallets. Because from my opinion, Mixin Safe can already provides great security with Bitcoin Core or Mornin Key as the owner wallet, and I believe more and more software wallets will support Miniscript in the futuer.

Why do you choose Ledger hardware wallet as part of some packages when they have completely lost confidence by offering some very risky and unsafe possibilities?

The whole product of  Mixin Safe is still in test phase, including the pricing packages. We included ledger a few months ago when it's the only hardware wallet that supported miniscript wallet policy.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
Is it Mixin Safe or Mxing Safe?  Wink
Thank you. It has been taken cared.

Now I'm totally confused here. Royse777 seems to have added "g" and changed to "mixing" (judging by topic subject), but in their topic https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mixin-safe-a-convenient-and-decentralized-multisig-mpc-timelock-solution-5459401 the name of the project seems to be "Mixin Safe", without the "g".
What is the final name?

Mixin Safe doesn't only support hardware wallets, also software wallets. Because from my opinion, Mixin Safe can already provides great security with Bitcoin Core or Mornin Key as the owner wallet, and I believe more and more software wallets will support Miniscript in the futuer.

Why do you choose Ledger hardware wallet as part of some packages when they have completely lost confidence by offering some very risky and unsafe possibilities?
100 participants for a review campaign? I think this will be the biggest review campaign on the forum as far as I know.

I hope that the reviewers will have the opportunity to test the service without paying a subscription, because I see that the price of the service starts at $100 per year. But, I will wait to see the exact conditions of the campaign.

Hi, from the Mixin Safe team. The price shows on the website are meant to be the pricing proposal when product fully launched.

For test, the price is very cheap, starts at $2 per year, and it includes a free transaction to send, so $2 is the minimum cost for a tester.

One thing I really don't like from start  is that I have to use my phone number to use Mixin app  Tongue

Think we already talked about the product in the ANN topic.  For the test, I believe you have no need to worry about this. Before the anonymous number feature is fully rollout, you may use some phone number services on the Internet to get a random phone number just for a single SMS. Then you can begin the test, just you know that you may lose the account access because you don't own the random phone number, and if you like the product you can change the number to our Mixin Anonymous Number once it's launched in upcoming months.

I searched quickly about this service.

Personally, I do not like miniscript, and with the limited number of wallets that support this technology, recent ledger miniscript vulnerability[1], Ledger Recovery[2], and their price policies[3], I expect that the number of users for this service will be very few and limited, and thus achieving a return from it will be difficult.
It is true that they avoid a single point of failure, and in theory their service is decentralized and better than Ledger Recovery, but such services will achieve greater success if they are from one of the producers of hardware wallets. In general, we will see future development, especially if P2TR is added.

I honestly don't know but I think it is hard to find 100 BTT account can join to the review campaign, or if I understood it incorrectly.  Huh Huh

[1] https://donjon.ledger.com/lsb/019/
[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ledger-recovery-send-your-encrypted-recovery-phrase-to-3rd-parties-entities-5452900
[3] https://safe.mixin.zone/pricing

Miniscript is expensive, that's the reason I don't like it. But it's the only standard that all hardware wallets are going to support, at least for now I can find announcements from BitBox02, Blockstream Jade, SeedSigner, and Coldcard have released miniscript demo.

Miniscript is a intermediate language that will translate to Bitcoin native script, so as long as the native script translated to is secure, the wallet should be secure.

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
The biggest review campaign as far as I seen. I hope I can be a part of this review too. I will looking forward to testing.
Usually, review campaigns run by Royse777 are strictly regulated, so they are not available to everyone.  Therefore, most users will not be able to participate, and this will increase your chances of being accepted into this campaign.  
Then do not forget that the amount that will be paid for each review is not small, and therefore I expect that the conditions for creating the evaluation will not be easy and not within the reach of everyone.
Good to everybody willing to join and congratulations for the wallet project for choosing their advertisment strategy to be managed by Royse777. This would ensure honesty and credibility.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
The biggest review campaign as far as I seen. I hope I can be a part of this review too. I will looking forward to testing.
Nah it's not because whirlwind review compaign was Paying 100$ too, well i am so excited for this review compaign. As, lets see when it will go live looking forward. I think the name is little bit confusing because i thought its some kind of mixer.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
I searched quickly about this service.

Personally, I do not like miniscript, and with the limited number of wallets that support this technology, recent ledger miniscript vulnerability[1], Ledger Recovery[2], and their price policies[3], I expect that the number of users for this service will be very few and limited, and thus achieving a return from it will be difficult.
It is true that they avoid a single point of failure, and in theory their service is decentralized and better than Ledger Recovery, but such services will achieve greater success if they are from one of the producers of hardware wallets. In general, we will see future development, especially if P2TR is added.

I honestly don't know but I think it is hard to find 100 BTT account can join to the review campaign, or if I understood it incorrectly.  Huh Huh

[1] https://donjon.ledger.com/lsb/019/
[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ledger-recovery-send-your-encrypted-recovery-phrase-to-3rd-parties-entities-5452900
[3] https://safe.mixin.zone/pricing
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1077
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
Sounds like a mixer yet it is not, more like a paid wallet service with a high transaction fee or i say service fee. But let's see since the site/service needs reviews.
I just made a glanced on the website, and I think the features are good and just that they have not linked the features to their appropriate menus. Let wait the launch of the review site to see the rules and  the content of it. I was also thinking that is a mixer company but it was when I checked the website that I noticed it was not a mixer. And really 100 participants are many but it is good to know different point of views on a review.
Pages:
Jump to: