Pages:
Author

Topic: mmpool.org - 1.5% fee DGM/PPS - tx fees/vardiff/merge mine/tor - page 100. (Read 361606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
yay finally!!!!

Im planning to add about 1terahash hopefully before the end of april or early may and then in may or june I plan to add about 1.6 terahashs.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
Block 297832 found by user 97f7fb0c earning them 0.11128360 in transaction fees.
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
I think you should just get rid of merge mining altogether, it's clearly not beneficial to the pool, i'd rather have consistent 50% CDF and actually see some real returns, than a bunch of shitcoins which are near-worthless.

You don't have to mine other coins. There is absolutely no correlation between luck & merge mining whatsoever. With btc difficulty going through the roof, merge mining is an excellent way of increasing ones income at no extra expense - this is why directpool have now implemented it, as well as most other pools.

Peace  Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Merge mining is the primary reason people mine this pool.

Yeah, I'm just confused why raskul would imply otherwise. He used to be very much for this pool. I am familiar with the mechanism behind merged mining and know it won't affect luck. There are really only two things other than luck itself that would affect luck. First is a problem with the pool itself - coding, intentional or otherwise. Second is a selfish miner attack - one or more of the bigger miners would be withholding blocks.

On this pool, selfish mining makes no sense. Someone with multiple TH of power is unlikely to waste it on such a small pool. Withholding a block means they don't get paid either. That doesn't mean it isn't or hasn't happened. People do irrational things all the time. That leaves a problem with the pool itself. We've seen this pool solve blocks before, and even with low powered miners, so coding is unlikely the issue. An intentional issue with the pool operator collecting but not reporting or paying out on solved blocks was more of a concern before the "mmpool" account started posting and modifying some things on the pool. That the pool itself is interested in succeeding is a positive sign here. That leaves just a really bad string of luck as the cause.

Removing some of the features of the pool is not going to cause miners to move here. That just makes no sense.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Added another 2.75GH/s today!
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Merge mining is the primary reason people mine this pool.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
I think you should just get rid of merge mining altogether, it's clearly not beneficial to the pool, i'd rather have consistent 50% CDF and actually see some real returns, than a bunch of shitcoins which are near-worthless.

You are implying that merged mining and awful luck are related? How is that possible?

Merged mining shouldn't affect the pool luck at all.

You are implying that merged mining and awful luck are related? How is that possible?
legendary
How exactly would that help the pool grow? You can just register with a BTC address if you don't wanna merge-mine. The other coins would have no effect on you then.

remind me how often bitcoin blocks are found?

Id say every 2 weeks maybe.
Activity: 434
How exactly would that help the pool grow? You can just register with a BTC address if you don't wanna merge-mine. The other coins would have no effect on you then.

remind me how often bitcoin blocks are found?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Nice to see Tor support.  Cool

It's very nice. I think they are the only pool to offer this. At least the only one I've ever seen.
Activity: 591
Activity: 434
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I think the lure of merge mining needs to be tangible. If a calculator was built that showed the average difference in earnings between a merged pool and say p2pool or any other straight coin mining pool it may bring in more people. Have the ability to put in their hash rate, pull variables from current difficulty, price/coin. Money is pretty popular these days... If people can calculate that they will earn more they will join up.
Activity: 727
Minimum Effort/Maximum effect
MMpool

I had  an idea to promote the site, It's a little like multi-level marketing, a little of a referral program, and social network.

Promote the site by creating a social network of sorts for the users of mmpool.org; we start by being able to sign in using facebook, g+ or whatever, the users 0auth keeps their security and signs them in to observe their mining statistics; apply settings so the website only observes friend listings, if one of their friends on facebook/g+/etc signs up and starts mining, they get a better rate of 1% pool fee(for both of them), benefits for association. This way we give an incentive to mine without risking uncontrolled spamming, they have to be your friend, acquaintance, family to gain the bonus, risk of adding unkown people prevents everyone referring everyone. The lowering of the fee once, prevents abuse or overly complicated schemes.

Plus I was thinking that allowing people to negotiate agreements between the pools members, on sharing pool fees, or negotiating barters or positions for hash power on different coins. Basically allowing the ability to create mini-pools within pools in a market exchange.

This way people can hedge their earnings on one coin for another, depending on market value, we can add more coins that aren't merge mined and create a prediction market because of people simply hedging their earning based on probability of hashing.

so for example. I exchange a percentage of my earning in one coin for another, depending on our luck finding that particular coin. of course this opens up some amazing prospects. I can give 50% of all my earning on every coin on the pool to someone else in exchange for 100% of their earning in a particular coin; I make the bet that I can earn more on that one coin then I can with betting on all the coins together.

Now we've created a dynamic predictive market on a coins over-all worth by simply allowing people to sell or buy their positions on their earnings.

monitor the global bets, allow everyone to see the results and they will find the correct market volatility score for each coin and since we can see the hash rate of each member as a graph, we can learn how to bet on each members consistency.

add the ability for members to directly purchase hashing power from other members in a pool type fashion and you won't have to come up with your own cash to promote the site. ie: I put a call on the site for 5/TH at 10 BTC per month and allow multiple members to fulfill my request, or vice versa; I have 1/TH to full-fill the request for a 20% share a month and now we have created a pooled hashing market place to gauge the worth of that hashing power; so even if there is a bad run on the pool people can still earn something without landing the pool owner in the negative. ( hourly rate applied with automated escrow for security, apply it with Open Transactions and we can account for every penny on the servers for proof of existance in the marketplace, this way members don't incur constant fees for transferring micro-payments every hour for their hashing; everything is done in OT in the market place for security, if they want to play that game, they have to apply it to OT)
This is starting to become brutal. We need a way to get more miners. A neat idea might be taking and money from fee's and using it to buy/rent miners to mine at the site. This will increase our hashrate and then more users will want to come and then over time it will make you more money. Basically like a long term investment in the site.
Fees are earnt by the pool when a block is found. This is infrequent enough that the 0.375 bitcoins earnt in fees wouldn't buy much mining capability.
legendary
So close. We found a namecoin block in the last couple of hours but just short of a bitcoin block:

Code:
00000000000000009D8C00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 <-- bitcoin target
00000000000000010ab100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 <-- namecoin target
0000000000000000fb3d8a066e93d660f89196ad83981c323d885f13defac920 <-- hash found

This is starting to become brutal. We need a way to get more miners. A neat idea might be taking and money from fee's and using it to buy/rent miners to mine at the site. This will increase our hashrate and then more users will want to come and then over time it will make you more money. Basically like a long term investment in the site.
So close. We found a namecoin block in the last couple of hours but just short of a bitcoin block:

Code:
00000000000000009D8C00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 <-- bitcoin target
00000000000000010ab100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 <-- namecoin target
0000000000000000fb3d8a066e93d660f89196ad83981c323d885f13defac920 <-- hash found
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
.....last two rounds have been brutal
Seems either hardware testing is going on or just some large miners are starting up. 1.1PH just came online at BTCGuild today. I really wish someone like that would take a look at this pool. Not only would they earn more because of the lower fees, DGM method, and merge mined coins, but getting 100% of the fees for the vast majority of the blocks found would also be a plus for them.

That would be quite the load test for mmpool, but it sure would be nice to blast through a few blocks.
Pages:
Jump to: