Pages:
Author

Topic: mmpool.org - 1.5% fee DGM/PPS - tx fees/vardiff/merge mine/tor - page 95. (Read 361787 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
how can i change my nmc wallet address on my account i was using a http://nmc-wallet.com as my wallet but it appears to be a scam site and is no longer on line... i have the old address and the new address and any other verification needed and also send an email to the admin @ mmpool but havnt heard a thing from them.. can someone help me plz Angry

make new account
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
how can i change my nmc wallet address on my account i was using a http://nmc-wallet.com as my wallet but it appears to be a scam site and is no longer on line... i have the old address and the new address and any other verification needed and also send an email to the admin @ mmpool but havnt heard a thing from them.. can someone help me plz Angry
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Stop shilling alt scams here

I'm sure there are separate threads for this type of thing.
Has to be said, i'm liking the new PPS part of mmpool - i'm trying my best to hold off clicking withdraw on it until the round ends!
but still can't get my head around it not being called bitparking.  Undecided  feels like i've lost an old friend.

Hah, I hear ya.  The only constant is change.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
3ths will be pointed here if knc ever delivers

Death to ghash and its users

haha, indeed.
i'll put every miner I buy on mmpool - just 1.5TH/s at the moment but hopefully I will have more soonish.
legendary
3ths will be pointed here if knc ever delivers

Death to ghash and its users

I'm sure there are separate threads for this type of thing.
Has to be said, i'm liking the new PPS part of mmpool - i'm trying my best to hold off clicking withdraw on it until the round ends!
but still can't get my head around it not being called bitparking.  Undecided  feels like i've lost an old friend.
legendary
Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Interesting, I missed that contest, please PM me details if you have the time.  Thanks!

http://blackcoinpool.com/faq

but, I'm totally going to win it, so you don't need to waste your time with it.  Wink

Read the FAQ. The contest isn't likely to finish. The pool has to maintain a minimum hashrate for a defined period of time or the contest is not valid. The pool hasn't been able to attract enough miners to over the past few days. Therefore, Blackcoinpool is not issuing tickets.
[/quote]

Interesting, thanks for doing the research!  I'll ignore until someone tells me I should be doing otherwise.
[/quote]

It was active for a time, I have:
Promo Tickets    21
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I'm not sure what the hiccup in the pool about 12 hours ago was caused by. I've been trying to track it down. There are some very high hash rate users mining at very low difficulty submitting thousands of shares per minute which could be an issue. Next on my list of tasks to do will be to set a dynamic difficulty lower bound to improve the scalability of the pool in these cases.

Sorry, should I bump up my difficulty?  I've left it at 256 for a while... perhaps it's time to reevaluate now that I've got so many machines...

I've believe my operations manager has been in contact with you.
Activity: 90
It's working and submitting shares on the .onion address. Now we'll see if it slows my hash rate any.

Nows the time to use a high difficulty

After watching it for a while to make sure it had settled out, it doesn't appear to have hurt my hashrate at all. Although I did take your advice and upped my difficulty across the board to the aggregate of all my workers rather than giving each worker its own difficulty.

legendary
It's working and submitting shares on the .onion address. Now we'll see if it slows my hash rate any.

Nows the time to use a high difficulty
legendary
Dns must go thru the proxy, look into that if you have issues
Is there a way to set up mining from an Antminer S1/S2 with Tor?

If it can use a proxy, sure, setup a tor node

Thanks, bitpop this got me thinking down the right path.

I have a tor node on my network, let's say 192.168.1.10. So the configuration on the antminer for the miner is as follows:

socks5:192.168.1.10:9050|http://phkttm64gbquasaq.onion:3333

Instead of where you would normally put just

mmpool.org:3333

The usewithtor command isn't available on openwrt that ships with antminer, and while I suspect I might be able to install it, I wouldn't want to install it separately on every antminer. Might want to stick this info in the FAQ.

Thanks for your help!
Activity: 375

Yes you can use tor. Something like this will do:

Code:
usewithtor ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://phkttm64gbquasaq.onion:3333 -u myusername -p d=32

Change 'myusername' to your username. Change 'd=32' to the difficulty level you want to mine at.
Activity: 375
I'm not sure what the hiccup in the pool about 12 hours ago was caused by. I've been trying to track it down. There are some very high hash rate users mining at very low difficulty submitting thousands of shares per minute which could be an issue. Next on my list of tasks to do will be to set a dynamic difficulty lower bound to improve the scalability of the pool in these cases.
legendary

If it can use a proxy, sure, setup a tor node
legendary
Knc isnt here yet lol
how can i run my antminers1 with this
http://mmpool.org/user/dlpoint
 plz tell me me
stratum pool address
username and password also plz

stratum+tcp://mmpool.org:3333
dlpoint
d=16 is password

Isn't the d=16 the difficulty setting or do you need to add a password to use the difficulty setting?

Both

How can I adjust the difficulty I mine at?

If you set your password to "d=8" without the quotes then '8' will be the difficulty you mine at. Change the '8' to any number you want. The default is '16' if the password doesn't match this format.

What difficulty should I mine at?

A difficulty of aproximately 1.4 per GHash/s is reasonable, rounded to a whole number. So if you have 10 Ghash/s you should use 14. If you have 1 Ghash/s use 1.

and how do I get bitpop to point his miners at my worker?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: