Pages:
Author

Topic: Modified GPU BIOS for Mining - page 21. (Read 31004 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 251
November 30, 2017, 01:41:11 PM
I have managed to get a stable 28 mh/s on Claymore but am now facing an issue I have never seen or heard of.
I have 2 identical cards flashed with identical roms. (ASUS RX570 4 GB Elpida)
Windows 10 x64
AMD blockchain and latest drivers (tested both)

Full safe mode DDU, new AMD drivers, Patched and here is the issue -

ONE (either) will run very nice and stable.
TWO cards crash rig almost instantly.

So I changed MoBo's and got SAME issue.
So I changed ports, I changed everything!

Right now I have one of the cards mining away happily. If I shut down and plug in the second card the rig stops.

Not the MoBo (tired 2 different ones)
Not the cards (both work independently)
Not the risers

So what the heck?!

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Activity: 140
Merit: 11
November 30, 2017, 03:22:13 AM
Should be able to get 28 at least.  22 is usually the default without any mods.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
November 30, 2017, 02:59:23 AM
Thanks!

any ideas about which ETH Mining speed is normal for this GPU?
in a other topic peaple speak around 22mhs but it is very slow...

i will test it...
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
November 29, 2017, 07:38:46 PM

jaschaknack PolarisBiosEditor v1.6.4 would do for editing. Google.

Save current BIOS to file.
When you open the bios with Polaris Editor, look top right drop down and see which digit is for Elpida memory. There would be 1 and 2. I think its "1" for Elpida, but check it out.
Try with 1:1500 values and put the value into the higher fields for 1:1750 and up to 1:2000.   
Change Core voltage if you want based on core Mhz categories. Don't go super low.
Save. Upload to Card.  Patch driver if needed, reboot.

legendary
Escrow Service
November 29, 2017, 07:30:35 PM
Copy the straps Vili try to lower the voltage and bump the clocks Smiley

If u need help Pm me and I will give it a go.
which strap must i copy to the higher one?
and which polaris bios editor i must use?
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
November 29, 2017, 07:18:40 PM
Copy the straps Vili try to lower the voltage and bump the clocks Smiley

If u need help Pm me and I will give it a go.
legendary
Escrow Service
November 29, 2017, 07:10:05 PM
Hello all,

I will get next week my 6 new GPUs from Type

sapphire rx 570 nitro+ 4gb

Any tips or existing bios mods for this card?
How much MHs is possible for ETH mining with this card?

Best Regards
Willi

We can point you into the right direction when we will know the memory type Smiley
Hello,

i have installed the first card on a fresh win10 installation.

i have Elpida memory in my card from type sapphire rx 570 nitro+ OC 4gb

can you advice me to the right driver / bios / bios settings and system setting?

Best regards
Willi
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
November 29, 2017, 05:18:37 PM
I just got a bunch of these Asus Radeon RX570's with 4 GB RAM and ELPIDA memory
Outta the box on Ethminer they run about 21.5 MH/S

I was wondering if you have any mods for this card?

I doubt these can do the magic 30 MH/S but I would love to see a stable 26 or more.

Thanks!

Give this BIOS a try. -- Asus.RX570.4096.170327_MINING_BIOS

** WARNING **
UNTESTED BIOS

One card modded. One card stock. Rig just crashed after about 30 mins. I am adding an external fan now in case it was a heat issue.

Not a heat issue. Just very unstable. I modded the ROM slightly and lowered from 2000 to 1900 but still unstable.
Am flashing back to stock now. I will play with settings later. Thanks for your work. I think its close.

My Gigabyte RX580 has elpida, it should be stable in 2000-2030 range, depending on card...maybe even more,
didn't have too much time to play with it, with all this coin trade craze going on Smiley
30.4MH/s
I have spent all day on this and have determined that this ROM is too unstable for these cards. Yes it will hit 29.5 MH/S but only for a few minutes before rig crashes.
I also just completed a Linux test so I could completely eliminate Windows and drivers. Claymore crashed on Linux in under 20 seconds.
So thats that.
I am now making a new rom with different straps. Less aggressive. After I am stable I will use some of notbatmans undervolting to tweak it more. Right this minute I am stable at 24.5 Ethminer (a touch slower then Claymore but way easier on the cards).
Taking a break from this lol....

EDIT** Ok so I opened 2 copies of PBE 1.64 and loaded my original ROM which I took off the stock cards with GPU-Z and next to it I loaded your ROM.
Immediately I see a huge difference. The original rom has 1 set of straps. Your version has 2 sets of straps 1: and 2:
No idea if that really makes a difference but i think it might. Still playing around.

I think those experiences you've encountered mate has to linked with your GPU BIOS modification attempts, and for me you should ask help from more knowledgeable person and it can be your friends who is also doing mining better than you. We cannot stand alone, and it should be needed to seek assistance from those experienced one. My recommendations is simple, never attempt any modifications and always use the optimal setting of the GPU because if you alter that one serious problems will occur eventually.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
November 29, 2017, 04:30:46 PM
I have spent all day on this and have determined that this ROM is too unstable for these cards. Yes it will hit 29.5 MH/S but only for a few minutes before rig crashes.
I also just completed a Linux test so I could completely eliminate Windows and drivers. Claymore crashed on Linux in under 20 seconds.
So thats that.
I am now making a new rom with different straps. Less aggressive. After I am stable I will use some of notbatmans undervolting to tweak it more. Right this minute I am stable at 24.5 Ethminer (a touch slower then Claymore but way easier on the cards).

EDIT** Ok so I opened 2 copies of PBE 1.64 and loaded my original ROM which I took off the stock cards with GPU-Z and next to it I loaded your ROM.
Immediately I see a huge difference. The original rom has 1 set of straps. Your version has 2 sets of straps 1: and 2:
No idea if that really makes a difference but i think it might. Still playing around.

Its not my ROM but notbatmans, I'm not as nice as him so I'm usually selling mine Cheesy
November 29, 2017, 03:02:55 PM

I doubt these can do the magic 30 MH/S but I would love to see a stable 26 or more.

Thanks!

** WARNING **
UNTESTED BIOS

One card modded. One card stock. Rig just crashed after about 30 mins. I am adding an external fan now in case it was a heat issue.

Not a heat issue. Just very unstable. I modded the ROM slightly and lowered from 2000 to 1900 but still unstable.
Am flashing back to stock now. I will play with settings later. Thanks for your work. I think its close.

My Gigabyte RX580 has elpida, it should be stable in 2000-2030 range, depending on card...maybe even more,
didn't have too much time to play with it, with all this coin trade craze going on Smiley
30.4MH/s
So thats that.

Activity: 756
November 29, 2017, 11:09:56 AM
i have 4 rx 480 cant mod them very unstable

Post your bios I'll check it out.

i will send you in pm thanks!!!!!!
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
November 29, 2017, 10:27:45 AM

Thanks!

** WARNING **
UNTESTED BIOS

30.4MH/s
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
November 29, 2017, 10:03:53 AM

Post your bios I'll check it out.
Activity: 756
November 29, 2017, 09:09:29 AM

I'll mod the BIOS and post it soon.

you do mod bios for free?

legendary
November 29, 2017, 08:50:49 AM
^^^ Check back in a few days, I'll get around to testing mods on my card eventually. Also 8/10 thats pretty crappy, note to avoid sapphire 570s.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
November 29, 2017, 08:28:25 AM
notbatman can you help me with my Sapphire RX 570 Elpida ?  did you find for stability ? thank you Smiley

I've found stability it's just that some cards are made with crappy parts and produce hardware errors when the VRM is pushed above stock speed. Try the bios I posted it should work ok unless you got a crappy card.

It may be a while before I post a version with slower clocks, I only have the tools set up in widows and it a serious pain windows causes with the drivers when I put all the cards back after modding cards from other rigs. I'll need to test out mods on my crappy gamingx 570 (get the armor folks) before I post anything...

2/10 cards ok ... 8/10 not stable Sad
November 29, 2017, 07:57:31 AM

Thanks!

** WARNING **
UNTESTED BIOS

legendary
November 29, 2017, 05:00:58 AM
notbatman can you help me with my Sapphire RX 570 Elpida ?  did you find for stability ? thank you Smiley

I've found stability it's just that some cards are made with crappy parts and produce hardware errors when the VRM is pushed above stock speed. Try the bios I posted it should work ok unless you got a crappy card.

It may be a while before I post a version with slower clocks, I only have the tools set up in widows and it a serious pain windows causes with the drivers when I put all the cards back after modding cards from other rigs. I'll need to test out mods on my crappy gamingx 570 (get the armor folks) before I post anything...
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
November 29, 2017, 03:57:04 AM
notbatman can you help me with my Sapphire RX 570 Elpida ?  did you find for stability ? thank you Smiley
legendary
November 28, 2017, 07:54:16 PM

Thanks!

** WARNING **
UNTESTED BIOS

Pages:
Jump to: