Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero Economy Workgroup - The MEW Thread - page 8. (Read 37977 times)

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
January 24, 2015, 08:10:11 PM
I sent the PM to everyone. Unfortunately,  I do not remember exactly what I wrote here but this was something like "I am busy with xmrmonero.com and I will take care of the renewal message".

I have this from an e-mail, if it's what you're referring to from before the forum crash:

Hello everyone. I am quite busy with the MEW website, xmrmonero.com

Regarding the payment of the annual renewal: you can all reuse the payment ID I gave you earlier (for ck players). I will send everyone a PM with the amount to renew and the paiment ID - for those who already have a permanent payment ID, this will be a reminder. For the other, I will generate it.

For information, you can enter your payment ID on your profile on the MEW website - this has some uses. Everything is detailled in the newest article on xmrmonero.com: http://xmrmonero.com/article/en/user-profile-payment-id
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
January 24, 2015, 02:06:45 PM
Didn't have time to follow this one, perhaps it was answered somewhere else. If so, maybe I can ask for a quick recap:

Of the total funds donated to MEW in the form of the membership fees, how much has approximately been transferred to the devs (or XMR related projects unrelated to MEW) up to this point?
50% of the registration fees. For upgrades, same rule, just not done yet.
So to know how much, do this:
1. Go to https://xmrmonero.com/page/en/mew-members
2. Add any member
3. Divide the result by two

Presently, this means 3 969 XMR to the dev fund - I can't say exactly how much fiat it represents but a good approximation of what we spent can be found on the MMM#22.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
January 24, 2015, 01:46:01 PM
Didn't have time to follow this one, perhaps it was answered somewhere else. If so, maybe I can ask for a quick recap:

Of the total funds donated to MEW in the form of the membership fees, how much has approximately been transferred to the devs (or XMR related projects unrelated to MEW) up to this point?
Monero Core Team
January 24, 2015, 11:35:33 AM
MEW has today 51 members, 50 of them needing to renew (the 51st joined us this week; please welcome dewdeded!)
Of these 50 members, 12 already renewed
Of these 12 renewals, at least three (myagui, pa and equipoise) decided to take advantage of the opportunity (and the special offer) to upgrade their level  - two others sent more than required so I am waiting for their answer to know if is an accident or if they confirm they want to upgrade.
These upgrades are a nice surprise, I can tell you Smiley

Also, to keep with the spirit of separating ourselves from Bitcoin, futures announcements will be on the MEW website and forum, xmrmonero.com. There is a dedicated public thread, on top of a private forum, accessible only to MEW members who created their account on xmrmonero.com (being a registered MEW member also allows you to have your own blog).

The updated member list is available on the MEW website.
Monero Core Team
January 23, 2015, 10:16:02 AM
I sent the PM to everyone. Unfortunately,  I do not remember exactly what I wrote here but this was something like "I am busy with xmrmonero.com and I will take care of the renewal message".
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
January 23, 2015, 01:53:46 AM
There is a chance of manual recovery, see: https://twitter.com/bitcointalk/status/558273534393217024
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
January 23, 2015, 01:52:12 AM
A lot of the MEW payment messages may have been lost due to the downtime of BCT. I did get the emails with the messages but not the message on BCT.
legendary
Monero Evangelist
January 23, 2015, 01:44:20 AM
David gave me yesterday my payment ID on Freenode and I paid.

He told me, you get yours soon.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2015, 07:03:39 AM
One could just use the same Payment ID as of the original entry into MEW, no?
Plus one to the waiting list then  Wink
legendary
Monero Evangelist
January 18, 2015, 04:00:19 PM
I would like to join.

Votes + fees               : 60 xmr
Registered IRC handle : netg

Please PM payment ID so I can send TX.
legendary
Monero Core Team
January 17, 2015, 02:40:06 AM
We have rules? Embarrassed

Umm.. yes, we do. Perhaps they should be linked for the members to view?  Cheesy

The votes also carry an annual fee of 0.1 XMR per 1 vote, payable by the end of January
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYASf0gHI-fxqQsyyLVUqLcQz6uowz1wydMHwc2JBPI/edit?pli=1#
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
January 16, 2015, 08:39:36 PM

Umm.. yes, we do. Perhaps they should be linked for the members to view?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
January 16, 2015, 08:27:15 PM
donator
January 16, 2015, 08:10:45 PM
Renewals 4 months after membership was first offered?

Well, according to the rules, renewal is required every year by the end of January at 10% of the original buy-in. So this year is no exception.

The treasurer should send everyone a nice shiny address for payment Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
January 16, 2015, 07:46:12 PM
What is the situation with renewals? Are they due by the end of this month? How is this going to be handled?

Renewals 4 months after membership was first offered?
legendary
Monero Core Team
January 16, 2015, 07:30:47 PM
What is the situation with renewals? Are they due by the end of this month? How is this going to be handled?
Monero Core Team
January 16, 2015, 06:27:01 AM
Not sure if i'm doing this right?

Q: What is required for joining?
A:
Short answer
Post a entry similar to this one.

Votes + fees               : 20 xmr
registered IRC handle :  goin2mars
payment ID : do i make this up or do I pm you guys?
Minimum is now 50 XMR + 10 XMR for handling fees. 50 XMR gives you only minimal vote power. You can go up to 1000 XMR. In any case, half of them go to the dev fund.

Donation address: mew.moneroaddress.org (openalias from mymonero.com or simplewallet 0.8.8.6) or regular address
Code:
42gbSzPvogMAdXxqJTTF9FPhaBxaeW4FmQKdKxfYot3qSHxDsaXB1s9GY3EzqjqkaADr7f65vSTxDb4h1t98LzM25VvZQyN

I sent you your payment ID by PM. Please inform me once you sent the payment.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 350
November 30, 2014, 02:18:20 PM
Not sure if i'm doing this right?

Q: What is required for joining?
A:
Short answer
Post a entry similar to this one.

Votes + fees               : 20 xmr
registered IRC handle :  goin2mars
payment ID : do i make this up or do I pm you guys?
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense
November 24, 2014, 12:42:25 PM
Im not a member of MEW yet, as im not sure what kind of value i can add to the project, but i must agree here with rpietila.
My field are the games, and i have been saying for two years now that distribution and adoption of a virtual cryptocurrency will occur when a good online game penetrates on the average joe real life. CK is pretty much the closest candidate right now. And XMR is a good platform for it.
I will not be on MEW, but rest assured i will be on CK very active and when it hits alpha, there will be on display on my store for all my little player-customers for it to see.
donator
November 24, 2014, 03:44:59 AM
Yes.

The "emission and related issues" has been found to be a subject where the consensus (or majority) of the vote, is more important for the coin's future than the outcome of the vote itself. Therefore the timing was originally delayed until this month, and therefore also it is still in discussion phase even though our rules typically mandate a 1 week discussion phase and 1 week voting directly afterwards.

In practice, the high-stakers in MEW are trying to find an agreement where each of them could commit. Whatever it is, it is deemed to give the best impression on the internal and external stakeholders. If this cannot be reached, the normal Proposal stage will continue, with the final 2 proposals voted against each other.

Silence in this case is no (t totally at least an) indication of death, just that it is expedient to wait.

As for other matters than the ongoing voting, they have been pressed beyond the emission issue, and under the downtrend. CryptoKingdom is the biggest adoption initiative going on for Monero, its gameworld is valued at about 1.5% of all moneros already, and it is going online this week.
Pages:
Jump to: