Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero under 25 cents? What the hell are you waiting for? - page 4. (Read 13856 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250
One of the few alt coins worth dropping an entire BTC if you have the chance right now for sure.

I put 2 whole BTC down last week. Glad I jumped on the XMR train  Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I'm waiting for actually being able to hold the coins by running a client on my laptop.  Currently it doesn't work because it requires too much RAM. 

The blockchain branch is pretty stable, we're currently focusing on write performance as catch-up is too slow. You can compile it yourself by cloning http://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero and then 'git checkout blockchain' - compile instructions are in the Readme.

Alternatively, just use MyMoneroSmiley
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
I'm waiting for actually being able to hold the coins by running a client on my laptop.  Currently it doesn't work because it requires too much RAM. 
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
One of the few alt coins worth dropping an entire BTC if you have the chance right now for sure.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Monero is my favorite altcoin!

You're one of the smart ones.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Monero is my favorite altcoin!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I agree with everything you said.
It does need but the size limit of the blocks are hardly the only problem Bitcoin will face if it want to keep being the sole cryptocurrency on earth.

Oh yea ... well duh.  I was thinking we were talking about the current scaling problems bitcoin has with even it's very limited adoption.

Monero couldn't hack being in that position either  Cheesy

Probably have to have evil statist centralized planners to create something that can scale like that due to the problem of making decisions that plagues decentralized projects.   Grin
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Monero is failing because I won the Monerocoin.com Domain and I aint sellin it! bahahahahah
Frankly, considering the overall quality of the altcoins discussions on this forum, I'm glad some who believe they are a recognized voice in the altcoin community don't find monero to be of their taste.

Same, I'm glad there is so much resistance to the idea that Monero will dominate large part of crypto in the future, it shows it has real chances, after the Bitcoin hardfork fails to increase the maximum number of transctions per seconds, Monero will be the default fall-back choice.

1 - Doesn't bitcoin need a hardfork for 20mb blocks?  I thought it did.

2 - What makes you think it won't work?

3 - Comparing any altcoin to bitcoin is ... it is not as simple as people make it out to be.  Otherwise litecoin would have taken over bitcoin with it's faster transactions.  Then Darkcoin would have taken over litecoin.  Then Monero would have taken over darkcoin.  Well ok ... darkcoin might've been a stretch but.

There has to be a clear technical reason to justify the economic devastation of eradicating an existing currency. 
Activity: 210
yeah pump pump pump ,lol how about no?
Monero's fungibility and privacy are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's.  This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".  Without privacy, there is no freedom.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
Frankly, considering the overall quality of the altcoins discussions on this forum, I'm glad some who believe they are a recognized voice in the altcoin community don't find monero to be of their taste.
Activity: 211
Maybe they should fork it into a ponycoin. I feel sorry for the people who listened to Rptelia.

Well, the problem was there was the slew of moderated threads which possibly gave uninitiated people a false sense of the situation.

However, in the grand scheme of things, while the Rptelia followers may have lost a lot of dosh speculating on Monero short term in the longer term I agree with Fluffy that things like the dev team, infrastructure and community make a big difference. Merchants and buyers would prefer security and stability over 'day trading'. What Monero needs above and beyond a high price is what all the Alts need with the exception of BTC and Ripple - that is, easy to use fiat exchanges and easy to use open source shopping cart payment modules. When this happens I can see a big uptake in Monero, Bytecoin and a few other alts.

Anonymous cryptocurrencies will be first driven mainly by speculation. As the price stays more and more stable, speculation will turn into simple offshore cash storage. You can buy bitcoins that will not be traced to you. Isn't that a killer application? What other feature is worth mentioning in other altcoins that can compete with this one? I know its nice to have coins to do chat, or have cool memes, different mining algos etc. but everything can be done using bitcoin or if you require anonymity monero or darkcoin. sure, at this stage i don't see many competitors in this market. zerocash will come. so we have three competitors. Not too many and we can be sure that anonymity is not something that can a big corporation or central banks compete with creating a better altcoin.
If you add up all the marketcaps of these currencies, it seems temptingly low. Once the big run up in bitcoin starts, these anonymous coins will outperform.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Maybe they should fork it into a ponycoin. I feel sorry for the people who listened to Rptelia.

Well, the problem was there was the slew of moderated threads which possibly gave uninitiated people a false sense of the situation.

However, in the grand scheme of things, while the Rptelia followers may have lost a lot of dosh speculating on Monero short term in the longer term I agree with Fluffy that things like the dev team, infrastructure and community make a big difference. Merchants and buyers would prefer security and stability over 'day trading'. What Monero needs above and beyond a high price is what all the Alts need with the exception of BTC and Ripple - that is, easy to use fiat exchanges and easy to use open source shopping cart payment modules. When this happens I can see a big uptake in Monero, Bytecoin and a few other alts.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Very little volume.
No one is buying or selling.

Thanks, captain obvious. That's precisely what I said. But more importantly, I said that Monero wouldn't benefit from massive liquidity at present. If it was consistently doing 1000 BTC in volume a day, what would be the benefit to Monero itself? Some traders would profit, some would lose, and the only place consistently winning would be the exchange.

Has no use or market

The lack of liquidity is directly tied to the lack of utility. The bulk of the buyers are speculators, who are easily bored, and day traders, who are far more interested in pump-and-dump coins.

But none of that effects Monero in any way LOL
uh huh, sure.

~BCX~

It absolutely does not effect Monero's success or failure as a project. The Monero project already has the great distinction of being the only cryptocurrency to have successfully squared Zooko's Triangle when we released the OpenAlias standard. Not only that, but we created it in a way that benefits all cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin), not just Monero.

So, really, Monero has already left a lasting mark on cryptocurrency development. Tell me, BCX, what have you done besides posting rubbish on a forum whilst hiding like a coward behind a pseudonym?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I just waiting for it to plummet i guess.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
*omg market forces are doing things on the market*

~BCX~

Monero doesn't benefit from massive liquidity at the moment, nor does a lack thereof affect Monero core development or the ongoing development of any peripheral projects. The success or failure of Monero as a project will not depend on the market capitalisation or the trade volume until Monero has achieved a significant level of utility.
This. Fluffy and the rest of the dev team are doing a solid work with it, they are working with i2p as well. We just need to wait. Take this as the first Bitcoin crash (50 to 3 dollar) and be ready for long periods of low price.
When people keep being busted by using BTC over darknets we'll see how all merchants that have grey matter will start accepting Monero as well.
*omg market forces are doing things on the market*

~BCX~

Monero doesn't benefit from massive liquidity at the moment, nor does a lack thereof affect Monero core development or the ongoing development of any peripheral projects. The success or failure of Monero as a project will not depend on the market capitalisation or the trade volume until Monero has achieved a significant level of utility.

Indeed, couldn't have replied better myself. Bitcoin Clown's stark envy cracks me up any day. All of that jealousy simply cause he's sitting on BTC that's going down the drain. Oh well... not my affair Cool
Pages:
Jump to: