Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread - page 39. (Read 50244 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
June 15, 2014, 07:58:34 AM
Botnets are a non-issue dude, they're a finite resource that most people need to pay for. Anyone owning high end GPU cards should have an antivirus .. end of story (in fact most monero virsues are picked up quite fast these days because of the unicorn botnets).
Since when botnets and virsuses stop being a problem?
Viruses makes currency using unfair. Botnets makes currency not liquid. Imo you are not right, bro.
Activity: 56
June 15, 2014, 07:52:05 AM
For anyone trying to measure out their "code update" dicks, please consider taking a look at:

Monero github : 131 commits, last commit 19 hours ago, 12 contributors, pulse: has one

Bytecoin github : 46 commits, last commit May 22, 5 contributors, pulse: non-existant

It's not a competition .. I mean don't you have a Bytecoin speculation thread to be posting all these fudnuggets in?
Activity: 42
June 15, 2014, 07:29:07 AM
Yeah, BCN's got a market cap over ten million!!! $10,746,109 at the last price of 12 satoshis. Way to go BCN ... guess I missed that train now all that's left is the crash (hope not). I mean ... who would buy it at such a high price though? As it's clearly a top 10 coin right now, I'll let my savings mature because it'll definitely hold that price Cheesy

Guess I'll just stick with buying more XMR, has so much potential to grow Wink
Yeah. you should read this. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-stealth-miner-639375
This thread gives a lot of thoughs that major part of the network is a botnet. You know... botnet never contribute to the development of the technology, all they care for is mining and selling the coin.
Oh shi~
Currency that is mined by botnets has no future. It's kinda fundamental truth
No. There is a one way to fix it. Releasing relevant updates for strategic development of the technology can solve this problem and make bright future. But only developers can create this updates. BCN's developers know how to provide them. But what about MRO's developers?
June 15, 2014, 04:26:22 AM

Yeah, take a look at bitcoin and litecoin  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 8
June 15, 2014, 04:22:22 AM
Yeah, BCN's got a market cap over ten million!!! $10,746,109 at the last price of 12 satoshis. Way to go BCN ... guess I missed that train now all that's left is the crash (hope not). I mean ... who would buy it at such a high price though? As it's clearly a top 10 coin right now, I'll let my savings mature because it'll definitely hold that price Cheesy

Yeah. you should read this. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-stealth-miner-639375
This thread gives a lot of thoughs that major part of the network is a botnet. You know... botnet never contribute to the development of the technology, all they care for is mining and selling the coin.
Oh shi~
Currency that is mined by botnets has no future. It's kinda fundamental truth
June 15, 2014, 04:20:10 AM
Oh .. you mean that GPU miner that was out for no more than two weeks before there was a different one available to every single person here? Hell, there's even GPU botnets available to mine right now!

Come on, ya gotta try harder than that Wink I don't think anyone's going to slap their grandmas over having .. what .. let's even 40% of the hashrate for that time gives about 221,760 coins. What's that like 1.2% of the currency? FFS if anything they gave me time to buy in cheap because they consistently dump that straight to market Wink Not like those coins that come straight w/ a premine right out of the first block .. I mean have you seen the volume over the last few weeks? Does it look like these unicorn botnets are hoarding?

Botnets are a non-issue dude, they're a finite resource that most people need to pay for. Anyone owning high end GPU cards should have an antivirus .. end of story (in fact most monero virsues are picked up quite fast these days because of the unicorn botnets). Even then, it's not 'free' money to anyone. It's theft of resources and power (which costs unsuspecting people money if they've been exploited). If you think they're a centralized process, then please provide me proof that there's one botnet in control of such a vast amount of resources? And even then, can you prove to me that the exponentially increasing difficulty and prices won't invite thousands more miners .. negating the effect you seem to be worried about?

They're run for-profit and they're historically dumped onto the market, keeping the price down and smoothing out crazy pumps (this coupled with high emission is a genius combination for penetration IMO). That's only a bad thing if you have a turd coin and demand immediate profit when your coin is still less than a year old. Hell, I have the ability to mine profitably right now .. but I don't. Every hash that I put into the pot right now might put someone else off from getting into this for the first time. I'm already interested .. and have the mental capacity to make more XMR on the market than I do mining it anyhow Cheesy
Activity: 13
June 15, 2014, 03:56:31 AM

June 15, 2014, 01:33:31 AM

Activity: 21
June 15, 2014, 12:43:55 AM
Monero is the best currency!
No it's not. BCN is supported by a great team, this means that it don't need such great dstribution of the coins. What does matter is the rate. And BCN already won this race.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
June 14, 2014, 06:20:30 PM
I'm speculating that Monero is bullshit and will go to .00000001 based on the quality of the "community" involved.

Whenever a new coin has a pack of rabid, flame-retardant fanboys foaming at the mouth over it in trollboxes and forums worldwide, it gives me pause. Most of the time these people don't even know they are brainwashed and pumping on behalf of a larger, more powerful entity who will soon hang them out to dry.

I've watched this play out least ten times in the last 2 months, and nobody learns a thing. Different coin, same mind control techniques, same pump and dump. The only thing that ever changes is the name of the coin.

That would be true regardless of the coin.  Once it burns off, you'll find there is gold under that load of crap.  This has happened before as well, just less often.  Gold is after all rare.

Whoops... What was supposed to be under all that crap again? Looks like I am still pretty right.
Activity: 370
Merit: 251
June 14, 2014, 06:12:54 PM

I'll point out that I wrote that (disclaimer: I have no Monero in my possession). The slow block susbidy method is commendable; i suspect most coins in the future will do that as the halving system is needlessly clunky.

a good portion of the coins will be mined in 4 years, which isn't ideal, but yes you are correct, this is not an instamine.

blockchain shows no premine, either.

When you compare this to darkcoin's first few days of mining...LOLOLOLOLOL. They have to be afraid of this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
June 14, 2014, 05:50:32 PM
Imo monero doesn't need the speculation thread because idea of unfair speculation. MRO's exchange rate can be easily explained by the fact that the pre-mined coins are being siphoned off by using literally pump-and-dump scheme.

P.S. Monero is the best currency!

Monero seems to be very good and profitable altcoin. I think we should invest our capital in it.

Those are some of your previous coins. Did you sell low? Tongue
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
June 14, 2014, 02:24:13 PM
^Monero passed the pre-mine test: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#monero. XMR is not pre-mined. Stop with the FUD.
Activity: 49
June 14, 2014, 02:22:10 PM
Imo monero doesn't need the speculation thread because idea of unfair speculation. MRO's exchange rate can be easily explained by the fact that the pre-mined coins are being siphoned off by using literally pump-and-dump scheme.
legendary
Activity: 1190
June 14, 2014, 01:25:23 AM
MRO cannot scale for real world use. It's already dead in the water.

It's having bloat issues already.

Can you explain this? I don't know what this means..  Thanks  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
June 06, 2014, 02:02:39 PM

It's like Bitcoin in 2009/2010.

At that time, we had LibertyReserve, e-Gold, etc etc competing.

We all know who won out: the group with the technology that worked and was fraud/insecurity resistant.
legendary
Activity: 1588
June 06, 2014, 01:58:45 PM
This coin just joined forces with i2p plus is technically superior to Darkcoin. There are objetively speaking 0.0% reasons Darkcoin should be more valuable than MRO, other than hype based reasons. The market will eventually agree with common sense so we shall see MRO scalate to 0.02 prices.
FCN is also insanely undervalued, they introduced merged mining into the game. These whales and in general people playing with money on exchanges are extremely stupid technology wise, they just go with the flow and dont know where they are buying and selling. Whatever, is a waiting game to win.

Exactly.

Darkcoin have such obvious flaws, I can't believe it is marketed as anonymous.

It reveal IP.
If an organisation own most of the masternode, the mixing can be reversed.

Monero doesn't need any node and work better.
When I2P will be operational, it will be the very first true anonymous crypto.

for smart investors it does not matter at all. for me it is only clear that there are 1-3 anonymous currencies which will likely be place 2-8 on coinmarketcap in a year - highly likely monero is one of them.

what I know too little about is mining - I think it has to be ultra profitable short term to mine mro and bool - otherwise I cannot explain the huge willingness to sell at these low prices.

anyway we will see - darks flaws are known, they have a sound economic policy and willingness to optimize the coin - I would not say dark is dead

Smart investors know that "perfection" means little...
That's for ultra-geeks on tech boards to argue about.

It's "well capitalized", "good enough", "dead simple"...
And great Public Relations that wins the Market Share.

Right now...
I see ZERO Public Relations from the CryptoNote space...
(Pizza contests are high school fun and games)...
So have 5 coins all trading pretty much at mining cost...
All backed by teams that appear to be indigent part-timers (like it's 2011)...
Someone with $100K could take over this space in 6 weeks.

Why is the money going elsewhere? Like PoS, smart cards, etc?
Activity: 49
June 06, 2014, 01:17:25 PM
for smart investors it does not matter at all. for me it is only clear that there are 1-3 anonymous currencies which will likely be place 2-8 on coinmarketcap in a year - highly likely monero is one of them.
Fullfil the beer cup of this gentleman! He knows a lot about monero and good investments!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
June 02, 2014, 09:14:53 AM
This coin just joined forces with i2p plus is technically superior to Darkcoin. There are objetively speaking 0.0% reasons Darkcoin should be more valuable than MRO, other than hype based reasons. The market will eventually agree with common sense so we shall see MRO scalate to 0.02 prices.
FCN is also insanely undervalued, they introduced merged mining into the game. These whales and in general people playing with money on exchanges are extremely stupid technology wise, they just go with the flow and dont know where they are buying and selling. Whatever, is a waiting game to win.

Exactly.

It reveal IP.

what I know too little about is mining - I think it has to be ultra profitable short term to mine mro and bool - otherwise I cannot explain the huge willingness to sell at these low prices.

anyway we will see - darks flaws are known, they have a sound economic policy and willingness to optimize the coin - I would not say dark is dead
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
June 02, 2014, 09:05:17 AM

Exactly.

It reveal IP.

Pages:
Jump to: