Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero (XMR) Speculation thread - page 33. (Read 50244 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 19, 2014, 12:01:38 AM
Move along, nothing to see here.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
July 18, 2014, 05:36:56 PM
No matter who wins the CN wars, laughing at the losers will be fun.

Do you know the feeling of victory? It looks you're a master of bad decisions, because you're supporting this crowd.
I bought DRK when it was less than 10 cents a coin. I think I know what victory feels like.

I bought my first monero's also below 10 cents Wink
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 18, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

Do you know the feeling of victory? It looks you're a master of bad decisions, because you're supporting this crowd.
I bought DRK when it was less than 10 cents a coin. I think I know what victory feels like.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
July 18, 2014, 05:14:08 PM
I hope/suppose this is the support line:
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
July 18, 2014, 06:19:31 AM
Where is most favorable rate of Monero now? Can you name the exchanges, please
Activity: 91
July 18, 2014, 06:11:02 AM

Activity: 826
July 17, 2014, 04:41:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 1498
July 17, 2014, 04:36:05 PM

be patient and average in with monero...i think it is still safe to buy in the short term until 0.008 but take a look at the charts, monero has a tendency to trend strongly and overshoot its "fair price" as more people discover its useful anonymous qualities and want some.

meaning, you'll likely have another downtrend in the future and buy when everyone else is saying "monero is dead".

patience is key, don't let your emotions get caught up in it.

+1

Won't matter. In 6 months it will be...  Roll Eyes Tongue Lips sealed  Grin  Cheesy Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
July 17, 2014, 04:24:37 PM
hey guys...

so is this crazy climb manipulation?  i have not been around XMR long enough to have a sense of its movements.  this seems like too much too fast, and seems fishy.

i own some, and i want more.  but i dont want to panic buy.

be patient and average in with monero...i think it is still safe to buy in the short term until 0.008 but take a look at the charts, monero has a tendency to trend strongly and overshoot its "fair price" as more people discover its useful anonymous qualities and want some.

meaning, you'll likely have another downtrend in the future and buy when everyone else is saying "monero is dead".

patience is key, don't let your emotions get caught up in it.
Activity: 658
July 17, 2014, 04:11:23 PM
hey guys...

so is this crazy climb manipulation?  i have not been around XMR long enough to have a sense of its movements.  this seems like too much too fast, and seems fishy.

i own some, and i want more.  but i dont want to panic buy.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
July 17, 2014, 01:21:30 PM
I believe that the biggest hurdle is to pass the psychological limit of 0.01 since we couldnt break it before and people will be afraid. If we break it monero can bubble easily even to 0.02 and then drop.

But can we even reach that limit? For sure we need more people to know about XMR. If that happens really fast then sure. But most people in altcoins speculate on p&d coins that can daytrade and gain big returns in a few days. We have to bring more serious investors.  
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
July 17, 2014, 01:21:17 PM
Well, I just got a few extra $s of BTC transfered. I've been buying like a madman since lastnight, gonna keep buying all the way up to 0.1.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
July 17, 2014, 12:32:58 PM
Bytecoin trolls go back to your own shitty 82% premined coin.

This is the Monero speculation thread, if you want to promote your scam coin and discredit Monero go troll in one of the Monero vs Bytecoin threads.

On topic: How high will we go this runup? 0.01? 0.0125? 0.015?

My guesstimate is 0.012-0.014
Activity: 700
July 17, 2014, 12:02:27 PM
Bytecoin trolls go back to your own shitty 82% premined coin.

This is the Monero speculation thread, if you want to promote your scam coin and discredit Monero go troll in one of the Monero vs Bytecoin threads.

On topic: How high will we go this runup? 0.01? 0.0125? 0.015?
Activity: 91
July 17, 2014, 10:01:02 AM
Why the coins name was changed? Devs wanted to clean the reputation? Was there an objective reason?

Several of the stakeholders felt the new name was a better marketing vehicle and in addition the old name had been heavily cyber squatted. Two votes were held first on IRC and second on this forum. Both votes were in favor of the change.

When did the coin name change?

It was launched on April 18, 2014. IMO we can call this currency a youngster in comparison with Bitcoin.

Changing the coin’s name was an attempt to clean its reputation a bit, don't be so naive. Monero devs are very cunning.
Why the coins name was changed? Devs wanted to clean the reputation? Was there an objective reason?

Several of the stakeholders felt the new name was a better marketing vehicle and in addition the old name had been heavily cyber squatted. Two votes were held first on IRC and second on this forum. Both votes were in favor of the change.

It was launched on April 18, 2014. IMO we can call this currency a youngster in comparison with Bitcoin.

Changing the coin’s name was an attempt to clean its reputation a bit, don't be so naive. Monero devs are very cunning.

I totally agree!
Those people who call themselves devs have actually stolen the coin. They nicked it right from the founding father’s arms – the guy’s name is thankful-for-today.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
July 17, 2014, 09:42:02 AM

No we prefer having a bad reputation. Bad coins have more fun.
Activity: 46
July 17, 2014, 09:37:32 AM

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
July 17, 2014, 04:48:38 AM

Forum vote 5/7-5/8, so a few weeks after launch assuming your date is correct: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bmr-vs-mro-time-to-make-it-fair-599455

That was after the IRC vote which took place a few days before, but I don't remember when exactly.

Yes it is absolutely a youngster compared to bitcoin.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
July 17, 2014, 04:43:01 AM
Lol, the Monero Github is basically dead. Check out Boolberry to see what a coin that actually has active developers looks like. Seems like Monero is mainly hype. The only thing it has going for it is the name, which is admittedly better than Bytecoin or Boolberry. But a name won't get you anywhere if your devs slack off, like they seem to be doing.

I know you don't read the Dev Diary in the weekly Missive, otherwise you'd know that development is done in branches on individual developer's forks. Work-in-progress branches are regularly linked on the Missives and elsewhere.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
July 17, 2014, 04:38:42 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2751e8/psa_dont_fall_for_darkcoins_deceiving_marketing 16 comments from you complaining about Darkcoin. Do you want those to be quoted here? (/user/fluffyponyza)

You're being disingenuous. That was a discussion on /r/bitcoin, and my comments did not "complain" about Darkcoin. Don't conflate a technical debate with complaining. I pointed out technical deficiencies. I have done the same for Monero, and I have vocally pointed out Bitcoin's flaws.

You are trolling every Darkcoin and Boolberry mentions on Coindesk and everywhere else too.

This is utter nonsense. I made 1 comment on Coindesk 2 months ago pointing out that Darksend's closed-source release means that there are no checks-and-balances for the architecture and the code. Every other comment has been explaining CryptoNote or pointing out the failure that is MaidSafe. I'm completely entitled to opinions, you're not obligated to agree with them.

Your last Monero commit was copying Zoidberg's tx_pool handling and submitting it as a pull request on Monero, over a month ago https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/pull/41

What's your point? A large portion of my immediate work is architectural in nature, which would not equate to direct commits.

Try to represent Monero with more dignity. As it stands right now, you are a sore thumb sticking out everywhere.

If I wasn't passionate about my opinions, and I didn't express my opinions, there would never be active debate and discussion. I'd also never have my errors pointed out (factual errors, not differences of opinion) and would not be able to correct my thinking where I have made a misstep in judgement or believe something based on an incorrect premise. The value in expressing my opinions and thereby improving my knowledge through rigorous debate is immeasurable. If you disagree with me on something, feel free to engage me on it.
Pages:
Jump to: