Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌟🎲🌟 MoneyPot.com - page 2. (Read 119028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
December 18, 2016, 05:16:20 PM
Commitment to current and previous Investors:

Current day and previous investors will be credited so that they were in profit of at least their investment plus a bonus that equates to approximately 6% roi a year based on time invested going backward from today.  This will be credited over the next year from future earnings both from the current moneypot platform and other moneypot revenue streams.  Snapshots are taken from today.  However, going forward from today, there will be no extra credit.

Looks good to me (a previous investor). It would be great if a special page is set up for us to check whether our account is eligible to the bonus and how much bonus we could get. Or, could it be shown after the login page?

When will previous investors be reimbursed / how will that calculation take place?

Over the next year. We will be distributing partial income towards crediting investors.  Cant give an estimate on completed time, but the faster income we make the faster we can give it back to our investors. 

It will be calculated by the all invested - all divested from yesterday backwards.  We will then work on making this number be at a breakeven point plus 6% roi rate per year.

People were saying we weren't involved in the risk before. I dont think people can say thats true now.
legendary
December 17, 2016, 12:25:52 AM
Commitment to current and previous Investors:

Current day and previous investors will be credited so that they were in profit of at least their investment plus a bonus that equates to approximately 6% roi a year based on time invested going backward from today.  This will be credited over the next year from future earnings both from the current moneypot platform and other moneypot revenue streams.  Snapshots are taken from today.  However, going forward from today, there will be no extra credit.

We have listened to all the feedback from investors (both current and former) as well as experts in the field.  Some have expressed concerns about the current setup.  We have listened to these concerns, re-evaluated our model and it has played a major role in our decisions.

We have also had reports of foul play that could be trolling or a small chance that these claims are true.  While there is no evidence or proof (after months of checking vigorously and consulting with several experts), we have not taken this lightly and have weighed it into our decision to credit investors.

Furthermore, for any investors with 30 Bitcoin or more invested, we are allowing the option for multi signature (1/2) wallets for 70% of the funds (with 30% locked into investment).  We would still have access, but a premature pulling without reason is easily provable and would sink our reputation.  

New changes will be made in the very near future:

New Commission Structure:
App Owners will receive 40% of the house edge and 10% of investor profit
Moneypot will receive 10% of the house edge and 10% of investor profit
Investors will stand to make an additional 10% (40%) of the house edge.

New Kelly structure:
Max profit based on 1% house edge will be reduced to 0.5% bringing it closer to 1x Kelly.
Optional Kelly multipliers of 0.5x – 5x Kelly for investors will be introduced later down the road.

New App Rules:
Minimum house edge: 0.5%
Maximum multiplier: 9900x
Faucet will be self-funded.  MP will still assist with letting new players test sites.
No forced tips
No deception
No promoting on other apps
No luring players to or from other apps
No unlicensed or stolen sites
No bashing of Mp Staff, other app owners, or players

New Player Levels:
Players will soon have rankings determined by activity and volume.
Higher levels will receive special bonuses, offers, promotions, and benefits.

New App Levels:
App levels will be determined by uniqueness, creativity, development, and verification.
Basic clones with nothing added will remain at the lowest level.
Lowest level apps will receive 30% of the house edge as commission only.
Middle level apps will receive 40% of the house edge as commission only.
All apps that show promise and willingness to improve will receive extra help from Moneypot.
Income made from the leftover commission will be used to benefit Investors and App Owners.

V2 integration has already started and will soon be finalized.  An announcement will be made shortly when it is ready, but it will allow for increased security, faster bets, added features, and altcoin support.

For any questions or concerns, please private message me, e-mail us at [email protected] or visit www.Moneypotsupport.com.  We are available weekdays 9:30-5:30 EST and sparingly throughout the rest of the week.

Thank you for being a part of Moneypot.
legendary
December 16, 2016, 03:57:05 PM
We always answer people's questions, concerns, and listen to feedback.  We take phone calls and video calls to make sure people have someone to talk to about these things.

Everyone is more than welcome to get any questions or concerns answered at [email protected] or get live support at www.moneypotsupport.com weekdays 9:30-5:30 est.
legendary
December 16, 2016, 03:46:14 PM
I wanted to avoid using that term to apply to now because even with bets that have a house edge of 10%, it would cap out at 1%.  Where with 3.333 kelly, it would allow for a higher max profit beyond that.
legendary
December 16, 2016, 03:33:38 PM
What about half kelly?  I don't understand what you're asking.

That graph is assuming that bet sizes are the same.

Half-kelly is of course more safe but restricts our players from martingaling, or yoloing.

The reason why it was 3.333 kelly before was to allow these players more room.  It was never intended for a high amount of aggressive bets (this was explained before).

legendary
December 16, 2016, 02:46:32 PM
Really wish I had seen the thread RHavar linked to earlier.

I am starting to think this bankroll decline is all from accepting bets at insane kelly multipliers.

I would very much like to see a breakdown of bets by attempted win size.

What is the current max win? How is it determined?

How do you determine kelly criterion for plinko bets or any wager with multiple outcomes?

Current max win is 1% of the house bankroll.  It also has some restrictions.  If for example, a bet has a house edge of 0.5%, the max win is 0.5% of the house bankroll.  This applies to plinko bets, jackpot style bets, large multipliers, etc...

Previously we were operating at a true 3.3333 kelly.  For reference, BetKing was allowing for more than 10x true kelly and it had the highest profit of any crowdfunded site.  BitDice also allows for 10x kelly and has performed quite well (even at less than 70% expected value).
legendary
December 15, 2016, 10:37:23 PM
We will be giving a big update tomorrow.

Is that good news or bad news?

We have not found any proof or evidence of foul play -- so it's not that type of news.  It's news about the future and how we plan to move forward.
legendary
December 15, 2016, 10:26:57 PM
We will be giving a big update tomorrow.
legendary
December 15, 2016, 05:32:24 PM
We have had a long discussion with the user.

The user made some interesting comments and claims that need more verification.  No hard evidence or proof was given and our systems still check out.  However, we take this user's claims very seriously and will be looking much further into them.

The API was currently put on hold to transition to new servers and re-route in case his claims turn out to be true.  It will be re-launched shortly.

If in the case that it his claims are indeed true, we will be working on a plan to re-compensate investors.

Thread will remain open as long as people don't ask for what the claims are or speculate needlessly.  We need time to check through them before we can comment on them.

edit; API is back online.
legendary
December 15, 2016, 03:42:27 PM
To prevent any further speculation, I will be locking this thread temporarily.  We are taking this accusation very seriously.
legendary
December 15, 2016, 03:38:17 PM
Looking heavily into this person's claims.

We will be taking the API down to prevent any further damage in case.
legendary
December 15, 2016, 01:18:36 PM
If you extrapolate our current data with 5000 / 73,755 Bitcoin wagered being over 66.66% of the max plus say an additional 1000 being added to it, with the rest being well under, do you still believe that investors would lose it all in the end also taking into account that the beginning ratio is likely to go down since even whales have a finite amount of bitcoin they can afford to lose before giving up?

That's not really an answerable question, because it's irrelevant what someone is betting. What matters is what they are attempting to win.

I'd be interested in though seeing how many bitcoins have been wagered attempting to win > 1x kelly, and > 2x kelly Grin

I'd guess around the same even though most of the highest bitcoin wagers are done at lower multipliers.

I'm just trying to say that we are always willing to change for whatever is best.  We have shown that and we have said that numerous times.

Based off of what has happened up to this point, we didn't feel that investors were in a bad situation and I think it's unfair to make it seem like it has been and will forever be like that.  

Obviously if things changed, we'd change as well.
legendary
December 15, 2016, 12:09:57 PM
Reference 1
Reference 2

"..there is a possibility that we end up locking investments soon so that no new investments can be done and we will be looking to add in more private funds.."

Great idea^
App commissions are too high. MP commission can be reduced perhaps by 1/10 to 1/5 of what it currently is awarding MP for each bet placed, but mostly, the burden of imbalance rests on app owners, as far as I can appraise the problem.

They are getting a slice of the pie that is a bit too large vs. the investors who bear the gambling risk.

Now personally, if I owned MP, the bankroll would be private, I'm not someone who is for crowdfunded bankrolls, I think it's composed of people with exactly the same mentality as all those countless ones in gambling / "investing" subforums who hunt for "Ohh you say this HYIP is paying out so far right? Ok lemme invest" - pathetic ;/

^So, admittedly I am biased, I'm not exactly the most neutral opinion source re: MP's issues lol. And of course I'm a huge gambler.. I'll always be a player, never on the 'investor's' side of things. Nonetheless I hope this insight is of some use to MP in their difficult time.

Something to keep in mind - Ryan H. created MoneyPot and is the one who structured things as they are, designed the payout structures, and the DogeD/ACoin/Ranlo+[Devs] team merely inherited all of this from the sale last year.. It seems quite plausible they might have weighted & designed the payout %'s to each category of users differently had they created MP from scratch.

There are some differences - Ryan ran MP on the kelly system, which is +EV and +Growth. The current team has used a variety of systems I think to determine their max bet, whether it be 1% of bankroll, or more, or 20BTC flat.

I believe Ryan has argued that this could be the primary reason for long-term bankroll decline

Current is a hybrid of kelly with max win being 1%.  During the first several months, we had kept the options the exact same way that Ryan had set up for us with the exception that we took 20% of the house edge on all single wagers.  

Ryan's argument holds true under a very specific scenario that would involve the majority of all volume being made up of max bets from whales that have an almost infinite bankroll to bet with.

Any chance you can share what the actual distribution is?

20% of the house edge goes directly to MP (our commission)
50% of the house edge goes to directly to App Owners (as a referral)
30% of the theoretical house edge goes to the investors.

Were you referring to something else?

No like wager size distribution - like what percentage is made up by whales, etc?

Out of the 73,775 BTC wagered so far:

Approximately 5000 Bitcoin wagered is made up of bets of 5 Bitcoin or more.
Approximately 3500 Bitcoin wagered is made up of bets of 1 Bitcoin or more.
Approximately 65,275 Bitcoin wagered is made up of bets below 1 Bitcoin.

added edit; Out of the 735.5 Million bets wagered so far, more than 735 Million bets are made up of bets of below 1 Bitcoin.
legendary
December 15, 2016, 11:49:51 AM
Reference 1
Reference 2

"..there is a possibility that we end up locking investments soon so that no new investments can be done and we will be looking to add in more private funds.."

Great idea^
App commissions are too high. MP commission can be reduced perhaps by 1/10 to 1/5 of what it currently is awarding MP for each bet placed, but mostly, the burden of imbalance rests on app owners, as far as I can appraise the problem.

They are getting a slice of the pie that is a bit too large vs. the investors who bear the gambling risk.

Now personally, if I owned MP, the bankroll would be private, I'm not someone who is for crowdfunded bankrolls, I think it's composed of people with exactly the same mentality as all those countless ones in gambling / "investing" subforums who hunt for "Ohh you say this HYIP is paying out so far right? Ok lemme invest" - pathetic ;/

^So, admittedly I am biased, I'm not exactly the most neutral opinion source re: MP's issues lol. And of course I'm a huge gambler.. I'll always be a player, never on the 'investor's' side of things. Nonetheless I hope this insight is of some use to MP in their difficult time.

Something to keep in mind - Ryan H. created MoneyPot and is the one who structured things as they are, designed the payout structures, and the DogeD/ACoin/Ranlo+[Devs] team merely inherited all of this from the sale last year.. It seems quite plausible they might have weighted & designed the payout %'s to each category of users differently had they created MP from scratch.

There are some differences - Ryan ran MP on the kelly system, which is +EV and +Growth. The current team has used a variety of systems I think to determine their max bet, whether it be 1% of bankroll, or more, or 20BTC flat.

I believe Ryan has argued that this could be the primary reason for long-term bankroll decline

Current is a hybrid of kelly with max win being 1%.  During the first several months, we had kept the options the exact same way that Ryan had set up for us with the exception that we took 20% of the house edge on all single wagers. 

Ryan's argument holds true under a very specific scenario that would involve the majority of all volume being made up of max bets from whales that have an almost infinite bankroll to bet with.

Any chance you can share what the actual distribution is?

20% of the house edge goes directly to MP (our commission)
50% of the house edge goes to directly to App Owners (as a referral)
30% of the theoretical house edge goes to the investors.

Were you referring to something else?
legendary
December 15, 2016, 11:46:57 AM
Reference 1
Reference 2

Great idea^

Current is max win being 1% with some kelly restrictions.  During the first several months, we had kept the options the exact same way that Ryan had set up for us with the exception that we took 20% of the house edge on all single wagers.  

legendary
December 15, 2016, 07:28:59 AM
Is it true only investors lost the money in moneypot but moneypot owners and app owners are in profits?

I'm not so good in understanding the statistics, but from this table, it looks like only investors lost the money and others are in still profit. If it is true, then moneypot is not suitable for investors, right?

Yes, it's true.

The site and the apps make a guaranteed gain every time a bet is placed, even if the bet wins. When a bet wins, not only do the investors have to pay the winner of the bet, but they also have to pay the site and the app owner. You can see that in the screenshot. Comparing the left and right sides you see that while the site profit dropped by just 78.5 BTC, the investor profit dropped by 82.5 BTC. The app owners actually profited by 3 BTC from this large loss, and the site itself profited by a further 1 BTC. The investors made up the difference.

On the other hand, if the apps ever do better than expected then the investors will also do better than expected. The site and the apps take a percentage of the wagered amount, independent of the actual profit. The way things are set up means that when the site performs at less than 70% of expectation the investors take a loss.

I was going to quote your other post and respond, but decided against it, as I'd rather just drop it.  I still don't understand why all the site owners can't just create a pact together to help each other out instead of constantly attacking one another.  We'd all be much better off united.

This is a much better post.  I don't know why you couldn't just say this from the beginning.

Many people hang on to your every word.  If you say it is 'Like' something, many are going to assume that's the way it really is always.  That was my problem.

Anyways, just as a headsup, there is a possibility that we end up locking investments soon so that no new investments can be done and we will be looking to add in more private funds.  We believe the investment situation is highly profitable in the long run.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
January 03, 2017, 10:52:13 AM
so why thread was closed before ?

Thread is being closed to make room for a new thread system for a cleaner announcement thread.

We opened it up as we went down for 5 minutes and did not want users to speculate with no communication.

Heh...I think someone forgot something
legendary
January 03, 2017, 10:30:35 AM

Thread is being closed to make room for a new thread system for a cleaner announcement thread.

We opened it up as we went down for 5 minutes and did not want users to speculate with no communication.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
January 03, 2017, 01:23:47 AM

He was gonna say, that's real quick to get up to 127 pages
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
January 03, 2017, 12:37:32 AM
Pages: