Pages:
Author

Topic: MooCoin beta. 500 invites available. Looking for feedback on this new project. - page 4. (Read 4886 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Do you moo?
Thank you for all of the feedback on our launch day!

We've made a couple of changes and we'll roll them after our test cycle is complete.  We did update the site today with one important feature that a number of beta folks asked for:  The site will now give you an audio cue when someone joins your game.  Now you can create a game and put it in the background until someone joins.

Thank you again for all of the help today,
The MooCoin Team
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
cool, I'll check it out.... if you need people to get small amounts of Bitcoins check out http://www.btcinstant.com
Do you moo?
Game aint working from Microsoft Surface Smiley

That's actually really good to know.  We tested on Android phones, iPhone5, Android tablets and iPads.  We don't have a surface laying around, though.  We'll add that to our device matrix for testing.

What was it doing that didn't work?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Game aint working from Microsoft Surface Smiley
Do you moo?
Can you take a quick screenshot and email it to me along with your uid from the url?  You can send it to [email protected] .
We will look through the logs and see what happened.

Thanks!
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
I can't get it working. It tells me to make my move but none of the buttons do anything, also I seem to be already matched with an opponent and "Create new game" is disabled.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Love this, just talked about it in the Morning Bit today -- http://youtu.be/Of35Ia1YeZU

Also, played and won some BTC Cheesy

A bit of feedback -- could you make this into a Facebook game? 
I see some awesome promotion and virality for Bitcoin if you integrated this w/ a massive social platform like that.
Do you moo?
Hey Developers,
A question for you:  Would you be interested in developing pluggable games for the site in an app-store model? 
You would provide a package of javascript for the backend logic, and html/javascript for the front end.   We would plug it in to the site and you would collect 80% of any fees associated with people playing your game. 
It would be limited to head-to-head games at first, but eventually extend to single player games against the house.  We developed MooCoin with this extensibility in mind, but want to see if anyone is interested.  This would be a pretty cool way to develop that game you have in mind without having to worry about bitcoin network integration, hosting, security, user accounts, etc.  All you have to worry about is the game logic.

Let us know,
The MooCoin Team
[email protected]
Do you moo?
Does this come from the creators of Moobot (CoinChat)?

Nope.  This is our first public bitcoin project.
Do you moo?
This is paper, cloud, scissors?

Fair bit of feedback, that.

We'll make it look more like a rock  Wink
Activity: 770
Needing invitation
No need for invitation as of now.

This is paper, cloud, scissors?
Activity: 336
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Does this come from the creators of Moobot (CoinChat)?
Do you moo?

Hi BitCoinTalk,
I'm getting ready to launch a new btc project, MooCoin, and I'd love some help stress testing the system and getting some early feedback.  I've opened up accounts for the first 500 people who visit https://www.moocoin.com

What is it?
MooCoin is a different kind of game site.  You play against other people instead of playing against the house.  Choose your game and your wager.  We match you up with an opponent, and the winner takes all!  We also have a .000001 faucet so you can play for free.

What restrictions are there in the beta?
   - We're not accepting deposits so the only way to get money to play with is via the faucet.  We've tested the deposit system extensively and it works great.  In an abundance of caution during our initial launch, we've decided that we don't want anyone else's money in the system except for our own.  While this essentially prevents you from making large wagers with your own money, we want to make sure that we've had the system online for a while before accepting any of your hard-won bitcoins.
   - Realize that with head-to-head play, you need an opponent and we're intentionally keeping the number of players small.  There may not be a game available when you show up.  That's ok, though.  Just create one and hang out for a while.  If no opponents show up, you can cancel your game and try again later.
   - We only have one game running at the moment:  Paper-Rock-Scissors, best 2 out of 3.  We've created a pluggable game architecture that lets us add more games quickly, and will eventually let third party developers create games as well.

How can you help?
Just go to https://www.moocoin.com and poke around.  Use the faucet.  Play some games.  Try to break it.  Hack it.  Attack it.  Most of all, though, hit the "feedback" button and let us know how we can make it better.  Also feel free to leave feedback here or email us at the address below.

Many thanks for your help,
The MooCoin Team
[email protected]
Pages:
Jump to: