Pages:
Author

Topic: Most Promising Altcoins for 2014 - page 9. (Read 23617 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 28, 2014, 06:13:23 PM
I also think transaction speed will start coming into play too.

We have all waited hours for Bitcoin before and that is definitely one of the most frustrating thing about Bitcoin.
Quark and Doge both have pretty fast transaction speed so that might come into play. Although Quark is the faster one.

really. 36 seconds on a mined coin? that would be so easy to double-spend.

It would be harder. The longer the confirmation the easier.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
January 28, 2014, 06:10:03 PM
Here is the link to the NAN ann thread for the lazy people Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4061028
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
January 28, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

http://www.gridcoin.us

GRC/USD https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=grc-usd
                                                                                                  GRC/BTC https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=grc-btc

What is Gridcoin?

GridCoin is a new peer-to-peer internet based cryptocurrency that aims to provide real benefits to humanity by compensating the coin miners for participating in BOINC projects that may lead to advances in medicine, biology, mathematics, science, climatology, and astrophysics by concentrating a large percentage of the computational power towards BOINC research - instead of generating unnecessary heat and wasted power for the proof of work algorithms required to keep the coin network running.

Official thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gridcoin-grc-first-coin-utilizing-boinc-official-thread-324118

So far 8+ million points donated to the Boinc network.

Even of nothing comes of this coin, at least some work was donated towards Boinc science research and I am happy about that!!!

Activity: 169
January 28, 2014, 05:59:36 PM
I think NAN will have be the coin of 2014 (I'm the new lead developer)
It was dead and brought back to life.
We recently implements block "halving" (its just a reduction not a halving).
It was put back on cryptsy a few days ago (sadly there wasn't a tweet so still not many people know about it).
We are slowly getting services back up (We already have an abe-type explorer and a paper wallet is coming soon!)
The team is always looking into more things Smiley (We are getting a lot of new graphics in the next week)

Of course there are the big contenders like QRK and even DogeCoin... , but I think with the right motivation we can make it to the top (or at least close)

Have a nice day!
Activity: 85
January 28, 2014, 05:57:00 PM
Nxt
NEM
and Maxcoin  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
January 28, 2014, 05:52:01 PM

We have all waited hours for Bitcoin before and that is definitely one of the most frustrating thing about Bitcoin.
Quark and Doge both have pretty fast transaction speed so that might come into play. Although Quark is the faster one.

really. 36 seconds on a mined coin? that would be so easy to double-spend.
Activity: 95
January 28, 2014, 05:47:55 PM
Earth coin and Infinite Coin. IFC has been making some steady gains reciently and keeping them. This is the sleeper that no one will see coming this year
Activity: 112
January 28, 2014, 05:47:23 PM
I Think iCoin is the darkhorse currency of 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 28, 2014, 01:41:45 AM
Particle PRT is pretty much one of the only ones having some innovation going for it so it is bound to be successful.
Activity: 112
January 27, 2014, 11:49:12 PM
I like CCOIN!

Easy to set up for a noob like me.  And still easy to mine makes it attractive for newcomers.

And I think NEM is very interesting.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
January 27, 2014, 11:40:15 PM
None, with the possible exception of non-mined coins like Ripple and the colored coins (using that as a generic term).

I'm not one of these "all altcoins are pump-and-dump scams" guys but I do think that Bitcoin and possibly Litecoin will just win on the basis of network effects and first mover advantage. I don't see any of the altcoins having a compelling advantage that would allow it to overtake BTC. Confirmation time is not a compelling advantage because it just requires more confirms to get a safe and stable block chain. For that matter, the hash rates on these coins are so low that they don't secure their block chains well enough even with many confirms. So compared to BTC (and perhaps LTC) none of them are very secure, which gives them a compelling disadvantage. Not a good thing when you are trying to overtake an established leader.

I don't understand Ripple and colored coins well enough to comment on those, which is why I exclude them.

People will get bored with the altcoins as they each stumble and fall to (basically) zero, and that will be the end of that. As far as timing, I don't know. You can't underestimate the willingness of people to jump on the next DOGE. It will take a lot of coin flops before they stop.

Activity: 98
January 27, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
DOGE is fun and will continue up for a bit, but I think it's decline will begin in the next year as people get bored of it.

Ripple will have a big year as more gateways come on board, volumes increase and client is improved.  More gateways will also allow for small scale remittance to start up, showing some of it's real potential.  Along with greater trading of bitcoin and alt coins.  Hard to beat instant transactions and relatively user friendly trading platform.  Ripple has also finally come up with a good way to distribute XRP with the BOINC giveaway.  It has a solid 'mining' type process that actually puts computing power to good use.

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 09:53:19 PM
NXT coin derivatives will lead the way
copper member
Activity: 224
Developer
January 27, 2014, 09:44:03 PM
The next big one:

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007
January 27, 2014, 09:40:58 PM
DOGE

Maybe EAC too
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
January 27, 2014, 09:26:37 PM
Vertcoin!
Activity: 804
Merit: 501
January 27, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

The image speaks for itself.  Smiley

LOL
all cryptocurrencies do the same

2014 is of DOGE

DOGE wont last: http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/#comment-182

Earthcoin, less that 10 secs?  That's awesome!

I'd say the best coin for 2014 is the one with the most vendors.  Right now, it's gotta be Litecoin, but that could. change.

Maybe we should have an award ceremony for each coin.  Best coin, unique coin, scam coin, etc., etc.
Pages:
Jump to: