Pages:
Author

Topic: Most Promising Altcoins for 2014 - page 5. (Read 23617 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
February 01, 2014, 08:14:51 AM
Buyers soaking up all Securecoin put up for sale on Cryptsy
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
February 01, 2014, 08:10:52 AM
When Kitteh was 0.0000001  Smiley where could you buy it?
February 01, 2014, 06:10:19 AM
Betacoin LOLZ
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 01, 2014, 04:53:39 AM
The most promising coin of 2014 so far is probably Vertcoin.  It's one of the few altcoins that has any purpose for existing at all.  ASIC use causes centralization of mining power, which is bad for any PoW coin. Once ASIC starts to take over Litecoin, the market price should begin to reflect the benefits VTC provides over all the clone coins and probably overthrow LTC itself.

ASIC problems, and centralization of mining power, are compounded even higher once you factor in the shady dealings of all the ASIC companies that either operate flat out scams, or mine with the cards until they become unprofitable before shipping them to you.  Eventually, there might come a point where not a single ASIC manufacturer will sell profitable chips, and only sell last gen equipment to the public.  Only a small number of corporations or IT companies might be able to mine, while everyone else mines at a loss.  The currency will not be decentralized at all, and one single entity, corporation, or govt could probably bring the whole thing down if they wanted to.

The ASIC companies create a large gatekeeper to entry and have the capability to act as financial terrorists (TM).  CPU coins are controlled entirely by botnets, but even those might be a better option to keep PoW mining distributed than ASIC in the future due to lower barrier of entry.

You should probably look at Quark. It will be the better option for you.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 01, 2014, 04:39:05 AM
Betacoin (BET) for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
February 01, 2014, 04:17:33 AM
1 DOGE, 1 DOLLAR 2015
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
February 01, 2014, 02:24:24 AM
2014 year of the DOGE
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
February 01, 2014, 01:39:19 AM
maybe Moon.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2014, 07:25:05 PM
The most promising coin of 2014 so far is probably Vertcoin.  It's one of the few altcoins that has any purpose for existing at all.  ASIC use causes centralization of mining power, which is bad for any PoW coin. Once ASIC starts to take over Litecoin, the market price should begin to reflect the benefits VTC provides over all the clone coins and probably overthrow LTC itself.

ASIC problems, and centralization of mining power, are compounded even higher once you factor in the shady dealings of all the ASIC companies that either operate flat out scams, or mine with the cards until they become unprofitable before shipping them to you.  Eventually, there might come a point where not a single ASIC manufacturer will sell profitable chips, and only sell last gen equipment to the public.  Only a small number of corporations or IT companies might be able to mine, while everyone else mines at a loss.  The currency will not be decentralized at all, and one single entity, corporation, or govt could probably bring the whole thing down if they wanted to.

The ASIC companies create a large gatekeeper to entry and have the capability to act as financial terrorists (TM).  CPU coins are controlled entirely by botnets, but even those might be a better option to keep PoW mining distributed than ASIC in the future due to lower barrier of entry.
Activity: 25
January 31, 2014, 10:49:41 AM
EAC
IFC
QRK
TIX

and as you are looking to get into bitsecurities watch AUTOTRADE on cryptostocks
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 31, 2014, 10:09:49 AM
Decided that Worldcoin just doesnt 'feel' right.

I think its the blue-green earth face on the home page.

So Ive sold all my Worldcoin.

100% of my cryptocurrency investment is now split between Peercoin, Franko and Securecoin.

And Ill probabaly sell Securecoin around $1.50 or so to get more PPC and FRK.

PPC win.
January 31, 2014, 09:39:53 AM
Decided that Worldcoin just doesnt 'feel' right.

I think its the blue-green earth face on the home page.

So Ive sold all my Worldcoin.

100% of my cryptocurrency investment is now split between Peercoin, Franko and Securecoin.

And Ill probabaly sell Securecoin around $1.50 or so to get more PPC and FRK.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
January 31, 2014, 09:00:28 AM
Linux client is now ready for Gridcoin. Ripple is premined and centralized. Not good.

Let me know of any other coin that has a mining module like Gridcoin has? This is what true innovation and development is all about.

Boinc Processing for Team Gridcoin! This Graph will only keep going up and up!!!

I am doing something similar with RippleLabs and BOINC.  You just have to install BOINC on your PC, and join Ripplelabs Team WorldCommunityGrid.org - and RippleLabs gives you Ripples in exchange for your CPU time.  I average about the equivalent of 0.25 LTC per week with a computer that I solely use to mine Scrypt coins with GPUs (
(CPU is almost never used when you mine with GPUs).  Those results are with a max of 50% CPU power going to BOINC.   Not much, but I have to keep the PC on anyways - why not make an extra $1 per day with it, to help pay for the electric bill, while helping a good cause?

EDIT: The only problem that I can see with Gridcoin at the moment; no support for Mac or Linux.   Cry  and all my mining rigs are Linux.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
January 31, 2014, 06:12:21 AM
Nxt was launched late 2013, taking off mid-dec. Entering 2014, it has already achieved top 10.

Dogecoin says hi too:

http://cryptmarketcap.com/

http://coinmarketcap.com/
Activity: 120
January 31, 2014, 05:55:28 AM
Doge,Earthcoin,Worldcoin.
Activity: 183
January 31, 2014, 05:44:08 AM
I have 3 or 4 i think will do good this year.

PPC, Earthcoin, USD-e and Worldcoin ecpesially will be big in my opinion.

Worldcoin will be at Scharmbeck soon (if it is not already there) Worldcoin is back trading at MCXNow by the way. They reopened for trading. Online user count is increasing and a good amount of new accounts each day.

https://mcxnow.com/?r=taborresen

Actually i think Worldcion will do best.
January 31, 2014, 04:35:50 AM
I called Franko the day before it went beserk

My new call is Securecoin - $1 each now, come back in week or two and see the price then.

Franko still the best small cap coin for the long term

Peercoin and Worldcoin also comparatively undervalued.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
January 31, 2014, 03:20:01 AM
Next to a million new coins with new pump and dumps in 2014, there will be a few established coins with smaller but steady gains. DGC! Excellent continuous development, fairness and long-term profitability - DigitalCoin will hit it off. Next week: CryptoAve launch with soon to have USD/DGC currency pairs.

Yep DGC should do well in 2014.

- Fair launch (no premine or instamine unlike some other well known coins)
- Regular updates to react to the changing Crypto landscape
- Never been forked
- Useful services developed or in development such as Coinmart, digiclick Advertising platform, its own lightweight wallet for example.
- Its own exchange (CryptoAve)
- Smart and active dev
- Deep pocket supporters
- Great community.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
January 31, 2014, 02:27:37 AM
Nxt is going to be on top this year. I'm not just talking out of my ass like 99% of this thread either.

Nxt was launched late 2013, taking off mid-dec. Entering 2014, it has already achieved top 10. The tech advances are endless, the community is an army, does not rely on miners, not prone to 51% attacks and best of all it's a serious monetary system with explicit features.

Nxt is a brand new, fresh code. To gereate such appeal and market share in so little time, it's really out of the ordinary. Just think about the rest of 2014 when NXT really takes off

Pages:
Jump to: