Pages:
Author

Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed. - page 20. (Read 23156 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Do any one know if an  XFX RX 480 4GB RS works well on Cryptonote ?

Yeah, I get ~630 h/s with my Sapphire RX 480 on Monero with the Claymore miner.  I can't get it working with Bipcoin though with either Claymore or Wolf.

Yam is a sure-fire bet until some miner software adds BipCoin. Tutorial link is in my sigline.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Do any one know if an  XFX RX 480 4GB RS works well on Cryptonote ?

Yeah, I get ~630 h/s with my Sapphire RX 480 on Monero with the Claymore miner.  I can't get it working with Bipcoin though with either Claymore or Wolf.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Do any one know if an  XFX RX 480 4GB RS works well on Cryptonote ?
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
I'm not confident in a coin in which the creators already threw in the towel once before. Time, resources, and electricity isn't free. This is no longer a worthwhile investment for me in this situation.

I did the same thing and understand exactly how frustrating it feels. I lost about 1000 bip which I got rather easily back then in about 2-3 days.

Still I decided to start again. Partly because the project seems fun but also because I can't really find anything else worth mining. I can't do eth and all the other cpu/gpu worth anything are sky high in diff.

This one is still solo mineable and I'm back at 800 after 48 hours. So I like to think it as 3 days of lost mining rather than a stupid urge to delete "useless" stuff that overwhelms me from time to time.

btw, difficulty is falling.
The wallet is for 64-bit only?

Yep. Open source though, so you're welcome to make it for 32-bit. Let us know if you do and we'll test it and link it if it's good.

Activity: 280
The wallet is for 64-bit only?
Activity: 70
I have the same problem with Wolf's Release 0.4...
https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-xmr-miner/releases
Download the previous version wolf-xmr-miner-0.3b.
it works for me.

it's working! first 3 shares rejected but 95% afterwards so far are being accepted.
Activity: 352
is it possible to mine with AMD card? I have tried claymore with the command line listed on the bipcoin main site/pool sites, and it errors with this message
Code:
Wrong wallet address *redacted* - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Aeon/Duck/Dash/OEC/MCN/ORION addresses are supported only.

I also tried to add -nofee 1, and I get the same error.

I also tried Wolf's miner using AMD gpu and got my IP banned for too many rejected shares - too low difficulty. I tried all three difficulty ports.

Anybody had success? I am using nvidia just fine with ccminer-cryptonight.
I have the same problem with Wolf's Release 0.4...
https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-xmr-miner/releases
Download the previous version wolf-xmr-miner-0.3b.
it works for me.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
is it possible to mine with AMD card? I have tried claymore with the command line listed on the bipcoin main site/pool sites, and it errors with this message
Code:
Wrong wallet address *redacted* - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Aeon/Duck/Dash/OEC/MCN/ORION addresses are supported only.

I also tried Wolf's miner using AMD gpu and got my IP banned for too many rejected shares - too low difficulty. I tried all three difficulty ports.

Claymore does not support other coins than the ones that you listed. so you will need nofee option.If this option also not working then the Claymore cut in this version that you have the nofee option

The pool bans the ip that is lower from 100. and automatic unban them after 600 sec.
Which Amd card do you have?
Code:

I haven't had luck with my AMD card either.  Maybe someone could get Claymore to add BIP support.

Probably better luck after we're on an exchange, should be soon.
MWD
Activity: 90
Code:

I haven't had luck with my AMD card either.  Maybe someone could get Claymore to add BIP support.
Activity: 70
Code:

Activity: 6

Read this on moving old wallets:
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1354

MWD
=-==--
“Internal Node Error” is NOT a problem
BipCoin wallet .0004 is able to transact better than ever. Errors we had in version .0003 are gone. You now can do transfers of thousands of bips and they confirm in minutes. But some transactions produce the error in red : “Internal Node Error”, especially right after making a few transfers successfully, but sometimes at random.

This problem is ONLY with .address/.wallet files from the the old .0003 wallets when opened up in the new .0004 (they will not open in the .0003, that no longer works. Nor should it.)

If you are having problems transferring bips from old wallets, try typing

reset

and hit enter. If this does not fix it, you’ll just have to send your bips from old wallets to new wallets in batches, with time between transfers.

I was able to transfer thousands of bips from an old wallet to a new wallet, but ran into this problem with the last 200 bips or so. Had to transfer them 10 or 20 at a time, with a minute or so between transfers.

It’s irritating, but once transferred, delete the old .0003 .wallet / .address files. You won’t have to deal with this again after that in the new .0004 wallet software.

=-=-

It goes without saying, but: MAKE A NEW WALLET IN .0004 TO MINE WITH / TO. DO NOT USE A WALLET ADDRESS MADE IN .0003 AS A MINING ADDRESS!

Thanks!

I was beating my head against the wall trying to empty that wonky wallet, figured Id check here one last time before sending you an email. 
I'm not confident in a coin in which the creators already threw in the towel once before. Time, resources, and electricity isn't free. This is no longer a worthwhile investment for me in this situation.

That's a fine general blanket statement to make, and you're welcome to it. However, you don't know the whole story.

First time around, we had one programmer, turned out after a while he couldn't cut it. (I'm not a programmer, I'm a cat herder, came up with the name and concept, and write the tech tutorials, etc.) He was way too busy with family, work, hobbies, etc. to really be a coin's whole tech team.

Then I had a death in the family (of a family member who was very close to me) so was not able to work on things and build a better team.

So I thought the righteous thing to do was kill it and announce it dead, rather than let it limp along for a year and slowly die like most coins. Because THAT really wastes people's time and electricity much more than the little time BipCoin was first mineable before I "killed" it.

So after a month, I opened my wallet just to look at it one more time before I deleted everything. That was when I realized it still worked, transactions worked, mining worked, that it was not easily killable, and I was over the initial shock of the family member's death. This is after we'd even killed the seed nodes. I could still transact with people I'd transacted with before, and also people I'd never transacted with but with people who'd transacted with people I'd transacted with. I thought that was very cool.

So I formed a better team. That first programmer is no longer on our team. We now have 3 programmers plus me, so basically the deal is this; Not only would a death in my family not kill it, but even my death would not kill it.

Team (beside me) is:
--atithasos (cool guy who's on this thread often answering your questions. Also runs one of our pools.)
--Derrick (who is not on here much, he's too busy programming and mining Bitcoin, and he's been mining Bitcoin since you could do it wit a RasPi.) He and I also made the MeowBit dot-bit resolver for Namecoin, and made FeenPhone. He's currently making the GUI wallets for BipCoin.
--slb, who runs ForkNote and was a major contributor with to the code of  cryptonote-forknote-pool. He also runs our other pool, on democats.org, which he also runs.

atithasos and I are also WAY more proactive about answering user's questions than a lot of CryptoNote coins except Monero. That's a big plus in using a coin and helping it grow.

Regardless, I totally understand why your trust may have been tarnished, But remember: There are no guarantees on the edge.

And you're welcome to not mine BipCoin. That just leaves more for everyone else.  Grin

MWD
Activity: 434
I guess I shouldn't have deleted it and my wallet after being told it was a dead project?!

i did the same thing too.....but i did save the wallet.bin in a usb stick....just in case of lazaros came to life again.

Well done.

Read this on moving old wallets:
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1354

MWD
=-==--
“Internal Node Error” is NOT a problem
BipCoin wallet .0004 is able to transact better than ever. Errors we had in version .0003 are gone. You now can do transfers of thousands of bips and they confirm in minutes. But some transactions produce the error in red : “Internal Node Error”, especially right after making a few transfers successfully, but sometimes at random.

This problem is ONLY with .address/.wallet files from the the old .0003 wallets when opened up in the new .0004 (they will not open in the .0003, that no longer works. Nor should it.)

If you are having problems transferring bips from old wallets, try typing

reset

and hit enter. If this does not fix it, you’ll just have to send your bips from old wallets to new wallets in batches, with time between transfers.

I was able to transfer thousands of bips from an old wallet to a new wallet, but ran into this problem with the last 200 bips or so. Had to transfer them 10 or 20 at a time, with a minute or so between transfers.

It’s irritating, but once transferred, delete the old .0003 .wallet / .address files. You won’t have to deal with this again after that in the new .0004 wallet software.

=-=-

It goes without saying, but: MAKE A NEW WALLET IN .0004 TO MINE WITH / TO. DO NOT USE A WALLET ADDRESS MADE IN .0003 AS A MINING ADDRESS!
Activity: 51
I guess I shouldn't have deleted it and my wallet after being told it was a dead project?!

i did the same thing too.....but i did save the wallet.bin in a usb stick....just in case of lazaros came to life again.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
No that was a mistake but it is never late to start mining again
Activity: 434
I was just being impatient.

I know. New coins are like drugs to me too.

BipCoin is gonna be like shooting heroin and LSD into your eyeball. In a good way. lol.

I'm mining w/ 400H at the moment gonna add later.

Thank you for your service! More helps secure everything, and helps transactions floooooow more quickly more of the time....

Thank you.
You know what, i kinda like it here. Devs are active and it is a good sign.
I think we're gonna do great. Smiley

Thank you!
MWD

Pages:
Jump to: