Pages:
Author

Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed. - page 17. (Read 23154 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'm on Linux on my dedicated server, no gpu just node and cpu miner.

still me, ubuntu 14 dedicated server, running node/cli wallet and mining 1 core
Activity: 90
can somebody explain the 3 starting difficulty choices for the pool? When I use the lowest starting diff I get many shares more quickly but same hashrate. Is the higher diff giving "larger" shares? And how would this affect payout rate?

This is how I understand it:

Starting difficulty is the number of hashes the mining software completes before submitting it to the pool. 100 is very low. If your hardware produced 100 h/s, the software would be submitting a share every second. So unless your hardware is extremely underpowered, you should choose one of the other two ports.  Also, the pool will automatically readjust your difficulty over time to maintain a desired time between shares submitted. The amount of time can be adjusted in the pool setup, so I can't tell you what this pool is set to.

I think you can also set a fixed difficulty by appending .xxxx to the end of your address. Some pools turn that feature off though.

It's kind of voodoo though. Try different ones.  I'm using what I would consider a medium computer, and I get around 240 hash rate on the lower port, 3336, and only like 170 on the medium one.

Using yam on Windows 10.

Yeah, you definitely have to play around and find the best results for your hardware.  With yam, you should also try it with the three different "av" settings.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
can somebody explain the 3 starting difficulty choices for the pool? When I use the lowest starting diff I get many shares more quickly but same hashrate. Is the higher diff giving "larger" shares? And how would this affect payout rate?

Starting difficulty is the number of hashes the mining software completes before submitting it to the pool. 100 is very low. If your hardware produced 100 h/s, the software would be submitting a share every second. So unless your hardware is extremely underpowered, you should choose one of the other two ports.  Also, the pool will automatically readjust your difficulty over time to maintain a desired time between shares submitted. The amount of time can be adjusted in the pool setup, so I can't tell you what this pool is set to.

I think you can also set a fixed difficulty by appending .xxxx to the end of your address. Some pools turn that feature off though.

It's kind of voodoo though. Try different ones.  I'm using what I would consider a medium computer, and I get around 240 hash rate on the lower port, 3336, and only like 170 on the medium one.

Using yam on Windows 10.
Activity: 90

Another CryptoNight ,anything new??  Huh Huh

BipCot NoGov license, Cats, and fun.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Another CryptoNight ,anything new??  Huh Huh
I'm on Linux on my dedicated server, no gpu just node and cpu miner.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Activity: 174
what driver version and miner app version are you using? Linux or win? I'll give it another shot. maybe i need a different driver or need to remove the 7850.
I use the newest Amd drivers due to this card its new.
But i read that you need 15.12.
what driver version and miner app version are you using? Linux or win? I'll give it another shot. maybe i need a different driver or need to remove the 7850.
trying my darndest to mine with AMD gpu. claymore doesn't work at all with BIP (I tired -nofee 1 as well). I tried Wolf miner current release, and it doesn't work at all with BIP. Another user suggested Wolf miner previous release, and that one is working somewhat. But I am constantly getting rejected shares.

On the AMD R9 380x, I get lots of shares really quickly, and then very quickly almost all submitted shares start getting rejected and IP ban comes (either Low Difficulty Share or "null"). On AMD Radeon 7850, I start out with about 95% accepted shares, and then slowly the acceptance rate starts to go down. After about 3 minutes the acceptance rate was already below 92% (rejected shares with status "null").

Anybody have this issue? Anybody mining stable with AMD gpus? How are you doing it? Any tips? Bueller?

Nvidia mining with ccminer-cryptonight works flawlessly.
I mine with wolf
I have rx480 and it works like a charm with bip and every cryptonote coins
if you would like get the conf file for wolf
http://atithasos.myds.me/BIP.conf
this is for rx480
trying my darndest to mine with AMD gpu. claymore doesn't work at all with BIP (I tired -nofee 1 as well). I tried Wolf miner current release, and it doesn't work at all with BIP. Another user suggested Wolf miner previous release, and that one is working somewhat. But I am constantly getting rejected shares.

On the AMD R9 380x, I get lots of shares really quickly, and then very quickly almost all submitted shares start getting rejected and IP ban comes (either Low Difficulty Share or "null"). On AMD Radeon 7850, I start out with about 95% accepted shares, and then slowly the acceptance rate starts to go down. After about 3 minutes the acceptance rate was already below 92% (rejected shares with status "null").

Anybody have this issue? Anybody mining stable with AMD gpus? How are you doing it? Any tips? Bueller?

Nvidia mining with ccminer-cryptonight works flawlessly.
Follow the new BipCoin Official Twitter account https://twitter.com/BipCoinOfficial

I wrote up a tutorial, with screenshots:

How to add a payment ID to transactions, for depositing BipCoin on your Cryptopia account (and for other things):
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1537

who/what is "Lazaros (bipcoin)"?

I'm the head cat herder of the BipCoin project and I don't know Lazaros.

MWD

Lazaros is the greek variant of the name Lazarus. The guy Jesus resurrected in the New Testament.
BIPcoin was resurrected recently.

Ah!

I'm not the team member who is Greek, so I didn't get it right away.
good morning to all ( i just wake up...)
sorry man if you got it the wrong way,but is was a joke....
i donot care about the 200 coins i lost like i did not care at the past before....
my bad.

I'm not offended.
No apology needed.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

MWD

Lazaros is the greek variant of the name Lazarus. The guy Jesus resurrected in the New Testament.

Ah!

good morning to all ( i just wake up...)
sorry man if you got it the wrong way,but is was a joke....
i donot care about the 200 coins i lost like i did not care at the past before....
my bad.

MWD

Ah!

legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

MWD

if you sent to some one bipcoins with out payment ID do they get lost ?

The payment id is the identification that some sites understands from where are the coins.
if you send me coins it does not need payment id. But for sites like cryptopia is need it. if you send to cryptopia without payment id they receive the coins but do not know the user that send them so you must contact with the support with the details to credit your account.
Pages:
Jump to: