Pages:
Author

Topic: Movie Recommendation Station - page 2. (Read 111874 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 509
August 28, 2018, 12:08:56 PM
I literally just got done watching Game Night. By far the funniest film I've seen in while and I'm hard to please these days, especially with comedies. Laughed out loud throughout it. There were some cool shots and cinematography and it had a pretty decent synthy score as well which was done by Cliff Martinez (who did the Drive score). Unusual for a comedy to have such a score but it worked well. Would recommend it if you want a laugh.

Any good movies anyone would recommend w/ a vibe similar to Shawshank?

Well I think the obvious suggestion would be The Green Mile as it's very similar. It was also written and directed by the same director (Frank Darabont/Steven King). Both are great, but I prefer Shawshank.

I just googled for a list of films similar to Shawshank and this came up: https://www.scoopwhoop.com/Movies-You-Need-To-Watch-If-You-Loved-The-Shawshank-Redemption/#.v1x4081l4

Green Mile is number three on there.

Awesome, thanks! TBH, surprisingly, I haven't seen Green Mile yet, so I'll give it a look

I can't see why you wouldn't like it. It's very similar, but as I said I prefer Shawshank as do most others. I need to watch them both again, though.

I was meaning to see that in theatres but wasn't sure about it. I'll surely take a loot at it!

As for Green Mile: Honestly if it can even come close to Shawshank, I'd be ok. I know that movie is a heavyweight to compete against.

Let me know how you find them both.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 759
August 28, 2018, 10:54:46 AM
I literally just got done watching Game Night. By far the funniest film I've seen in while and I'm hard to please these days, especially with comedies. Laughed out loud throughout it. There were some cool shots and cinematography and it had a pretty decent synthy score as well which was done by Cliff Martinez (who did the Drive score). Unusual for a comedy to have such a score but it worked well. Would recommend it if you want a laugh.

Well I think the obvious suggestion would be The Green Mile as it's very similar. It was also written and directed by the same director (Frank Darabont/Steven King). Both are great, but I prefer Shawshank.

I just googled for a list of films similar to Shawshank and this came up: https://www.scoopwhoop.com/Movies-You-Need-To-Watch-If-You-Loved-The-Shawshank-Redemption/#.v1x4081l4

Awesome, thanks! TBH, surprisingly, I haven't seen Green Mile yet, so I'll give it a look

I can't see why you wouldn't like it. It's very similar, but as I said I prefer Shawshank as do most others. I need to watch them both again, though.

I was meaning to see that in theatres but wasn't sure about it. I'll surely take a loot at it!

As for Green Mile: Honestly if it can even come close to Shawshank, I'd be ok. I know that movie is a heavyweight to compete against.
August 26, 2018, 01:37:46 PM

August 26, 2018, 12:35:00 PM

Activity: 121
Merit: 1
August 26, 2018, 03:40:36 AM
My must watch list:
1. Wolf of Wall Street
2. Conspiracy Theory
3. Devil
4. Session 9
5. The Godfather
August 26, 2018, 03:38:15 AM

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
August 26, 2018, 01:58:28 AM
The best movie for me is the conjuring because I like horror and tense surprises
August 26, 2018, 12:19:28 AM
Activity: 56
August 25, 2018, 11:33:10 PM
Titanic and Romeo Juliet
Activity: 30
August 24, 2018, 12:44:31 AM
stargate.

It is fun
Activity: 23
August 23, 2018, 10:03:16 PM
My must watch movies are the Fast and the Furious series, Expendables and any Dwane Johnson movies. Im a fan of action movies so I recommend those. Buti if you wanna try something else I also recommend The Greatest Showman. Have fun and happy watching.
Activity: 29
August 23, 2018, 09:42:57 PM
Fast Furious the series is the best action movie  Grin
Activity: 53
August 23, 2018, 07:10:48 PM
I like to watch movie. In every week i watch at least 3-4 movies. Recently i watch Hangover III. I just enjoyed it.
Activity: 44
August 23, 2018, 08:27:51 AM
I just figured it'd be fun to start a thread to recommend movies to one another. With that said, feel free to share the good (and bad) stuff you've seen lately and if you want a recommendation, ask away!

As for me, I watched Prisoners recently and was pleasantly surprised. It's a very heavy film, but both Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal were amazing in their performances. Very well-written script, too.

Have at it!

Jigsaw is one of my favorite movie and also Marvel Movies
Activity: 61
August 23, 2018, 08:03:24 AM
The wolf from the Wallstreet, and anything by Scorsese.
Activity: 84
August 23, 2018, 08:02:54 AM
I just figured it'd be fun to start a thread to recommend movies to one another. With that said, feel free to share the good (and bad) stuff you've seen lately and if you want a recommendation, ask away!

As for me, I watched Prisoners recently and was pleasantly surprised. It's a very heavy film, but both Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal were amazing in their performances. Very well-written script, too.

Have at it!
Idk what you think but i ponder that The great Gatsby is one of the most amazing movie and i recomment it 101% to everyone
Activity: 44
August 23, 2018, 08:01:47 AM

Have at it!
I would recommend The Pianist it's really great and heavy film as well <3
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
August 23, 2018, 07:57:31 AM
I watched Den of Thieves recently and thought it was pretty good. I love a good heist film but many of them these days are too formulaic, but this was much better with some great performances from Gerard Butler and Ice Cube's son (forget his name). My only criticism is that it was a bit long at 240 minutes and tried a little too hard to be Heat at times (though what Heist film doesn't want to be this generation's Heat?). Could have cut Gerard Butler's family/domestic issues bit out of it as well which would have made it more digestible and didn't seem relevant to the plot to me. Would recommend it if you like heist films and it has been much better than recent ones like Baby Driver & Logan Lucky etc. I'm looking forward to this years American Animals though which I just downloaded.
brand new
Activity: 0
August 02, 2018, 05:45:38 PM
i think Probably depends on whether you liked the first one? I thought they were both crap
Activity: 47
August 02, 2018, 11:07:39 PM
I also loved his wannabe gangster character in True Romance, another flick I'd highly recommend to those who haven't seen it!
Pages:
Jump to: